Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR mother rabbit!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • xxtinkxx
      Participant
      22 posts Send Private Message

hi ,

just wondered if anyone could help my rex rabbit gave birth 6 days ago to 5 lovley babys but today i looked in and shes done another nest replicker and 2 have been put in there ?? is it that there is somethink wrong with them or just not enough room for them all i thought that she wouldnt feed the babys that wondered out of the birth nest (she didnt like nesting box and started to rebuild her nest in the poopy bit so i took it out) could some one please shed some light on this as im worried!!

thanx jenni x

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Maybe she’ll eventually transport them all to the new nest – it is possible she prefers her own arrangement too. You just want to make sure they are kept warm – actually the mother will make sure of that too.

• xxtinkxx
          Participant

thank you im sure i will definatly relax more now

appreciated

jenni x

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

Well if she hadn’t made another nest for them and she just placed them outside of the nest, then I would have thought something was wrong with them.  But I have been learning more about pregnancy and bunny baby care too. My experience is still lacking in mama’s and babies.  Regarding this issue, you could call a local rabbit rescue or breeder.  I do know you will need to keep an eye on the weight of the babies to make sure they are all getting enough milk.    Usually mom’s only feed once or twice within a 24 hours period for a very short time each time.  If you find that one are more are not being fed (no fat bellies) then you may need to supplement.  Here are some great links regarding all of this:

Keep us updated and let us know what you find out about the mother separating her babies so we can all learn.  I will also research it and get back to you with any info I find out.

• xxtinkxx
              Participant

hi,

thank you both for your replies, just to let you know rosie (mother) put the babys all back in to the nest that night *thank god* and thought i would like to let you know that my partner has just 10 mins ago watched her feed the babies *all of them* and seem to be fat bellied now i will keep you all up dated on there progress and once again thank you

jenni x

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I am glad that they are doing well.  It might be worthy to note that a bunny mommies milk is very high in fat and nutrients so only a few feedings will fill them up. I think that is in the link to an article the HRS that Binky Bunny already gave you.  My experience is also limited when it comes to baby bunnies, my experience is with juvenile to senior rabbits.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR mother rabbit!