Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE MooBunnay is a Cowboy

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    • MooBunnay
      Participant
      3087 posts Send Private Message

So I’ve arrived in TEXAS!  The bunnies 100% despised the trip.  My boyfriend decided to move with me so I had SEVEN bunnies in my car, two bonded pairs and 3 singles.  The last day was the worst as it was the third day of straight driving and I was afraid that Raymond was going into stasis – the first day he tipped his water dish and when I pulled him out of the carrier at the end of the day he was soaked with water and pee on his tummy and feet and SO upset about it I almost cried I felt so bad. 

The bonded pairs did the best of all.  Grace did OK – probably cuz’ she had no idea what was goin on poor thing.  Now that they are all in my new AC apartment that is sooooo quiet they are all very content.  It is SO big that my BF decided to just move in because I"ve got 1300 square feet and who KNOWS what I would do with all that.  One room is an enclosed "solarium" with windows covering two sides so that is the bunny room, and we’re putting a futon and 3 bunny pens out there – one more bunny pen is going in the "office" and the last is going in our bedroom.

Anyways, so I’m now a TEXAN, and I think its fantastic Raymond and Kramer have requested cowboy boots, and Juli wants a pony – I"m working on it!

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe that’s great you made it all OK but the bunny heart attack with Raymond I am very sorry to hear about. At least he wasn’t soaked for life and by all means was not intentional, the little nut head tipping his water over like that…sheesh. Maybe next time he needs a bib. LOL That apartment is definatelt Texas-sized my word!!! Ooo are you going to give them line dancing lessons and don’t forget the lasso and steer roping! My best to you with luck on unpacking and getting yourself set up! It sounds like a wonderful space!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

I was going to email you and ask how it went.  I am so glad to hear that everyone arrived safely, even with Raymond’s shower.  

HotDAWG, MooBunnay, I guess you can now officially be called the "Texas Bunny Wrangler".   I’m sure that was not easy!!

Sounds like you and your boyfriend have settled into a wonderful place.  Still tons of work to be done with all that unpacking, but it must be nice to be able to sit still. 

The solarium sounds wonderful. We have one as well, and we’re lucky that it doesn’t get hot – that is one thing to watch with those. We’ve been thinking about putting them in there lately.   We just wanted to wait to see how cold and hot it got.   I am amazed at how even it stays.   You’ll have to take pictures of their new space when it’s all done.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
            Participant
            2517 posts Send Private Message

Ooh, I grew up in Texas. What part are you living in?

Definitely sounded like a full car ride.

Isn’t it amazing what you can afford for the price of a one bedroom in LA?? Haha

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Oohh how exciting … glad you arrived in one piece with all your fuzzy faces. 

But heck what a drive!  At least you have so much more room in your plaza apartment.  Just think of all the new bunnies you can adopt LOL.  Only joking as sounds like you have a handful already.

Dawn x

• Spacehopper
                Participant
                540 posts Send Private Message

You lucky thing, I love Texas.    Glad you all made it there in one piece and your buns are now truly settled Texans. 

• MooBunnay
                  Participant

The part I’m living in is Dallas – I live about 30 miles north of the city in Allen – its nice, actually reminds me of where I lived in Orange County, minus the expensive living We’ve got central air so the solarium stays pretty constant, also, I ordered curtains for all the windows to keep the heat in or the heat out depending on the season. We’re putting a futon out there and a hanging lamp so that we can lounge and read with the buns! Raymond seems to be much better now, he’s gone back to his “pellet dance” each morning where he does laps around the cage he’s so excited to get them.

When I saw all the space I thought the same thing Dawn did…good thing my BF”s buns moved in so I’m confined the SEVEN, haha

• kralspace
                    Participant
                    2663 posts Send Private Message

YEEHAW!! Welcome to Texas MooBunnay! You’re located in the heart of the North Texas Rabbit Sociaty, Wild Rescue not to mention all the bunny vets for northern Texas.

I live in the small town of West, 15 miles north of Waco on I-35, about 70 miles south of Dallas. Sorry you had to come in the middle of summer, even if it hasn’t been as hot as normal.

Get your hat and fancy shirt, and remember, if you’ve got ‘livestock’, wear your jeans tucked into your boots!

Welcome! Kathy

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                      Participant

I lived in the same area Just north of Dallas in Plano. A lot of my friends live out in Allen – not far from Plano at all! How are you liking the thunderstorms? I know they’ve been rampant this weekend!

• MooBunnay
                        Participant

I looooove the thuderstorms! When I lived in California I felt guilty any time I sat inside because it was always beautiful out – now that there is finally rain I can stay inside GUILT FREE!!! Also – the buns are lovin the AC – and Martin and Nilla Bean have a cage right by the window and Martin spends alllll day looking out the window – when I left for work he was looking out the window – and when I cam eback he was in the exact same spot – I think he’s mesmerized!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                          Participant

Frankie stares out the sliding glass door all the time… I also find him on the window sill sometimes like a cat… he’s silly.

I miss having air conditioning! It was 93º this afternoon in San Diego! I was melting!

I miss the storms too, though!

• BinkyBunny

OH….ick. I could not handle 98 degrees. I am a heat wimp. Anything over 80 and I get massively grumpy. On those days, I can usually be found snuggling up to a refrigerator. Thank goodness around here, hot days are rare.

• Spacehopper
                              Participant

Shhhhh, you people are making me all nostalgic and desperate to get on a plane NOW!!! I stayed in Garland, so many an evening was spent in downtown Dallas (oh my oh my all those tattoo places!!), and Deep Ellum. We even got dragged to a Cramps gig which was unexpected. Got lost driving home tho!! 🙂 I want to be your bunnies!!!!

• BinkyBunny

I didn’t realize Dallas had a bunch of tattoo places. I always thought the streets of San Francisco were riddled with tons of little tiny places. You just have to spot ’em – like little secret doors squeezed between buildings. For some reason, I would’ve never guessed that about Dallas.

• Spacehopper
                                  Participant

We walked around a dark corner one night and the whole road lit up ahead of us like a fairground ride….. it was near enough to heaven. lol Heaven was actually found whilst in a mall in Plano… 🙂

• BinkyBunny

Spacehopper, I just noticed your new avatar. Brain Bubblebum peering from above. Great angle!! That is just so….so….ADORABLE!!

• Spacehopper
                                      Participant

He was not adorable this morning! He and Bettie are LOVING their cardboard playhouse a bit TOO much. They spent the whole night rearranging it, and up-ending steps and the like, and the Weeny Bean has very cleverly discovered she can slide the wardrobe door open (it’s a horrible built in thing with huge mirrored doors, urgh – soon to be removed!!), squeeze inside, and then not get out again. Not a single moments peace all night. Brian finally flaked flat out under the bed just as we were leaving for work! typical.

As for the piccy of the Bumstar…. I was buggering about under the bed, and Bum was nosing at what the mad woman was up to this time – if memory serves me correctly I had a Weeny Bean hanging off the end of my elbow.

I can’t stop giggling at the names Raymond & Martin bunnies… brilliant!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                                        Participant

Deep Ellum has always seemed a little random. Lots of hole-in-the wall clubs where bands play, lots of tattoo parlors, and a giant Condoms to Go store! Hahaha. It’s about as seedy as Dallas gets, and it’s not bad! I actually find it quite enjoyable! Haha I actually got my first body piercing at a place there when I was 15

And the malls in the area are pretty amazing, ha.

• MooBunnay
                                          Participant

Raymond and Martin say thank you – they like their names as well tho they don’t really RESPOND to them. I was sitting in the new “bunny room” and saw many a flop yesterday. Raymond has graduated to “big boy” status and is now allowed on the carpet directly with no rug in between.

I haven’t explored around too much but I’m getting ready too this weekend – last weekend was spent trying to break down approximately 15 million boxes and shred the packing paper for the bunnies litterboxes. I almost killed the paper shredder, hahaha, but that stufff works pretty well! We changed the bunny boxes every other day so there’s not really any odor from it.

Anyways, I’m sure the buns and I will keep you updated on the Texas life

• poopy
                                            Participant
                                            684 posts Send Private Message

Well the one thing I envy about cowboys is they can afford to buy their own houses……

• Gravehearted
                                              Participant
                                              2428 posts Send Private Message

yeehaw! i am sure your buns loooove having their own room and it sounds like they’re settled in and so are you. Good luck with all the unpacking.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE MooBunnay is a Cowboy