Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Molting Made Easy for Fine Fur (lint roller)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Autumn's Dad
      Participant
      208 posts Send Private Message

Hello all, its been a long time since I last stopped by. Autumn is now happy and comfortable in her new home. Hope you are all keeping well.

This is a little trick I trailed recently. I’ve had Autumn for nearly three years but never found a satisfactory grooming tool that could remove the very fine hair of a Miniature Rex Rabbit, even Knit combs failed. now I use a standard lint roller, ironically for removing pet hair from clothes. First, I let her investigate it and then rolled the edge over her along the grain of the fur. She flinched but when I showed her the mass of fur, gave her a treat and repeated she did not flinch the second time, despite the roller grabbing fiercely to her coat. By the end I ended up with this! (see picture below). 

While it could seem aggressive, it removes the old coat very quickly and effectively, helping prevent wool block and stasis (which the scamp suffered twice before I learned this). She certainly looked chilled out after the loose fur was gone   So, a tip for those with fine- furred rabbits.                    

A.D

• BB8
        Participant
        101 posts Send Private Message

Cool! I have a mini rex and he’s my first rex so I wasn’t sure what would be the best way to groom him. Thank you!

• OnyxMoon
          Participant
          260 posts Send Private Message

Thanks so much for sharing this tip!! I am actually getting a mini rex kit in a month or so, and was worried about grooming issues.

The breeder said they don’t need grooming, but I read (before going to see the kit) that mini rex’s have plush coats and need regular grooming. They even said they could get blisters from grooming them. So thanks a ton for this tip!!

• Autumn's Dad
            Participant

BB8: No problem, though this method is one of the best logistically, only use this when they are molting as regular use could irritate Rabbit’s skin.

OnyxMoon: No problem, though I’d steer clear of this method on young or very old rabbits as the skin may be too fragile for the harsh roller. But when they are mature and have tougher skin this method is good for the annual molt but not for regular use as It may irritate the skin used frequently.

• OnyxMoon
              Participant
              260 posts Send Private Message

Thats what i was thinking, when theyre older! Thanks for the clarification as well.

• kurottabun
                Participant
                908 posts Send Private Message

A lot of people have been lint rolling their rabbits too around here lol! Normally I would roll it a few times on my clothes first before using it on the bunny, just so that it’s not SO sticky that it can potentially hurt him

• Autumn's Dad
                  Participant

Onyxmoon- No problem
                    Kurottabun- cool, I know there was something on it years back but couldn’t find it again. She’s been annoyed and probably too warm but after I removed 6 sheets that look like the picture above, she’s back to her old self

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Molting Made Easy for Fine Fur (lint roller)