Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Mini lop

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Addicted
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

I have had my mini lop for about a week,it is about 8 weeks old.it loves running around and playing with my dog,and coming to greet me sometimes too.But it does not like to be held or interact any more than just coming over to me to say hi for a  minute,Will it bond with me and want to hang out with me more once it gets settled in and more used to me?

Jason.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
        Participant
        971 posts Send Private Message

Not that I am a rabbit expert by any means, having just begun owning my own 2 months ago (though much experience was had the years before that)…but I believe that at 8 weeks, little buns just are not that interested in cuddling yet…rabbits don’t tend to be very cuddly – well, some of them are – but your little babe’s about to enter the “Oh gosh, everything is fun!” stage…
          What I find with my own 7 week old, is after she’s had time out to binky and run the Bunny 500, she gets tired and is more accepting of sitting in my lap and being cuddled…
          Just try to tire your baby out by letting her binky a bunch and then you can cuddle with her!

I think spaying/neutering helps with cuddly behaviour, as well as age! I’m hoping for my own 2 right now (7 weeks and 3 1/2 months) that over time they get to love me and cuddle with me…but for now I understand they are just babies

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Young bunnies are more interested in exploring.  PLUS, he’s new, so as a prey animal, his instincts are telling him to know every crook and cranny of your home.  Prey animals rely on knowing the best escape routes and hidouts.  So that’s his first priority – feeling safe by knowing his environment.

But also note – most bunnies do not like to held.  It is good to get your bunny used to being held, but for now since he’s so new, just gain his trust.   If you force holding him everytime you see him, he may shy away from you. (I’m not saying you do that, but just in case you hold him the first time you see him, you may want to back off on that)

Right now though since you will want to littertrain him, you may not want to give him too much freedom too fast, so hang out with him in one room – bring stuff you can do on the floor, and just hang out with him without focusing on him.  Let him come to you and give him a healthy treat or even just some of his pellets (since he’s so young, you don’t want to give him sweets, fruit or veggies)  Alfalfa cakes are a good treat for young bunnies.   Anyway, try that for a while.  He may jump on you, and just let that happen without reaching out for him right away.  Let him get comfortable with you just hanging out first.  He may then settle down and lie next to you, then reach to pet him.

Keep us updated on how that works for ya!

• BunMumTiff
            Participant
            241 posts Send Private Message

Dora when I had first got her only the very first day she liked being held after I let her roam around the house I nevcer got ot hold her again hahaha but she would come visit me etc god rest her soul but she was fantastic Oreo my other bun he HATES being held or picked up but LOVES to be pet. SO give your little bundle sometime bonding will come just be patient and dont rush it

• Floppy
              Participant
              490 posts Send Private Message

yeah although bunnies are so cute and you want to hold them constantly
                they just don’t like to be held. I am content with Floppy just laying by my side
                or nudging my hand to pet him…oh and he likes to hop on my back when I lay
                down with him. So although I dont pick him up unless I need to trim his nails (eek)
                or check him out…he still snuggles with me.

• Addicted
                Participant

Great,thanks.He already came litter trained,That was easy!

Ok,Now what is a Binky bunny?

• Addicted
                  Participant
                    Ok,Now what is a Binky bunny?

I did a search and found my answer,Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Mini lop