Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Meet to Turkey

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Ert000
      Participant
      130 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, I became a new member of the forum. I live in Turkey, i am Turk. I love my country, I want to tell you about my country today.

I live in Istanbul now, but my hometown is Cappadocia. My family lives in Cappadocia.
        My dad is a retired army officer. I grew up living all over Turkey because of my dad’s job.

Turkey is a traditional and exotic country. A complete Mediterranean country. Turkey is also a peninsula country. It is a very good option for summer holidays, cultural trips and nature tours.

Turkish cuisine is a completely different subject. Turkish cuisine cannot make pr. We are a nation with a very wide food culture. Beef, mutton and chicken, kebab, doner are very popular foods. We have a wide variety of vegetable foods with olive oil. Our salad and appetizer culture is big. We cook with every vegetable.

We love pastry and bread. I make fresh and organic bread everyday myself at home. Meat pie(cheese, potatoes, spinach..), Turkish bagel(simit), Turkish ravioli(mantı), pide, lahmacun and a wide variety of breads.

We attach great importance to breakfast. We eat a lot at breakfast, we spend a lot of time at breakfast. There is a wide variety of food at breakfast. Many kinds of cheese, many kinds olives, many kinds eggs, tomato (I add olive oil and thyme to tomatoes), cucumber, parsley-lemon, many kinds vegetables, jam (I make jam mysfelf at home), honey, yoghurt, many kinds of pastries, french fries, french toast, beef bacon, beef sausage… And most importantly tea. We even go to the guests for breakfast haha 😂😂

Yogurt is very important to us. We believe yogurt belongs to the Turks (Known as Greek yogurt in the world for lack of marketing). Yogurt is eaten in the morning, noon and evening. We put yoghurt in soups and meals. We make a drink from yoghurt, name is “ayran”. I make yogurt myself at home, we eat 5 kilos(11 lb) of yogurt a week (we are two people at home).

We are a dessert or fond nation. We usually make desserts with sherbet, milk, yoghurt. We eat Turkish delight next to the coffee. The most famous turkish dessert baklava. Baklava is made in every house on the holiday. I also make baklava on holidays. I also make fresh Turkish delight all the time.

We love tea. We drink tea in the morning, noon and evening. When guests come, we make tea immediately haha 😂😂

We have a lot of tradition when getting married. 80 percent until we get married, we are dealing with traditions. Haha 😂 Actually some fun traditions.

When two people decide to get married, the man and his family go to the woman’s house. They want the daughter from her father. The man makes a flashy chocolate and flower(gift to the woman’s family). Let me give an example that comes to mind. Woman makes salty coffee to man. The man has to drink that Turkish coffee and finish. If the man drinks that Turkish coffee, man agrees to make the woman coquetry. I also made salty coffee for my husband, my husband drank it all. Became nauseous after drinking. Asked me from dad, drank salty Turkish coffee and engagement rings. After guarantee, made me nag about salty Turkish coffee. Hahaha 😂😂 He will supposedly attract coquetry me, I listened to his nag. Haha 😂😂 (this was just a simple example)

You can ask me about Turkish culture and what you wonder. I want to show you my hometown Cappadocia.

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

• prince dorian the bun
        Participant
        743 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for sharing 🙂 I never knew about the salty coffee. I grew up in Germany and went to international school there, so lots of Turkish friends! So have a fondness for the food and not salted coffee. I also have a Turkish coffee shop near my house. One day I would love to go visit!

• Ert000
            Participant
            130 posts Send Private Message

We are a nation very fond of eating😂 I love cooking, i always cook. I cook 5-6 kinds of food a day. I make my own bread every day.

I constantly have to pay attention to my weight. I can’t eat half of the food I cook, my husband always eats 😂😂😂.

For example, i am always making Turkish delight. but i do it unsugar. There is always Turkish delight on the kitchen table. We eat as we see😂

Do not worry, you won’t drink salty Turkish coffee. We only make salty Turkish coffee to the grooms. Unless you marry a Turkish girl, you won’t live this. 😂😂😂 Until we get married, we tire the groom. 😂

I am very happy that you know and love the Turks. Actually Turks in Germany are a somewhat problematic population. Nice people but a little tough people..😬😬 My relatives, aunt, cousins ​​all live in Germany. My grandfather used to live in Germany.

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Meet to Turkey