Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Meet Sam – and some questions about poo

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • jessica2
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

I’d like to introduce the no longer gender confused Sam.  He is now 12 weeks old, and this time I am definately certain he is a HE!  Sam and I have a special bond, after all, he was born on my birthday!  Sam is amazing, he is a very quick learner, and incredibly sweet. You should see him around my 1 year old, he is so tolerant of her screaming in excitement when she sees him. He will run right up to his cage door whenever she comes near because she is always ready to offer her tiny little hand to scratch his nose, or maybe yank out a tuft of his fur..okay so I was kidding on that last one.

Anyway, I am just happy to report that Sam is fitting right in with us, and i’m sure my husband is slightly shocked at how much he likes little fuzzy bunnies.

Sam is doing great with his litterbox habits, he knows that he is supposed to go potty in his litterbox, but the poop is another issue.  He will poop everywhere in his cage as he has not yet dedicated a corner for his business. He will poop in his litterbox though, just there…and everywhere else. He will poop on the floor, sometimes he will get so excited while he is dashing about in the living room that he poops as he runs.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can try to get him to just use his box? I have tried to clean up his messes in the living room and put them in the litterbox..and show him where i am putting them, but I am getting the feeling that he is thinking he can poop anywhere because good ol’ mom will be right behind him cleaning up the mess.  Please let me know if you have any good ideas for me!  (I am much happier that it’s just the poop he is confused on though!)

172911435371.jpg

• lucygoosey
        Participant
        42 posts Send Private Message

Oh my your bun is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! It’s great to hear that he’s fitting in nicely. I have a bun named Lucy she’s about 6 months so she’s still a baby too and she poops everywhere too. We used to think she was marking territory but she’s been here for a month now and she still does it… although curiously enough not as often as she did in the beginning. I pick them up like you to show her that they go in the litterbox but she still does it. Maybe it’s a baby thing? I have a feeling maybe when they get older they’ll stop?

• skunklionshow
          Participant
          1257 posts Send Private Message

He is sooo cute!  I saw him on one of my other posts.  I’ll be honest, Jessi didn’t get better w/ her litterbox until after she was spayed.  Prior to that she used her box pretty well, but did leave the occasional poops in her areas.  At times, she would have accidents or intentionals in kitty fav spots. 

Leo (unneutered male) is pretty good w/ using his cage as his potty.  He doesn’t necessarily only use his box, but he tends to only use his cage.  He leaves a few cocoa puffs around, but nothing like Jessi used to do.  He gets neutered in 2 weeks.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

OMG. That face! Thaaat face! How cute! Looks like he has a little gray beard. It is harder for rabbits that aren’t altered. Does he have free range when he’s out. You might try confiing him to his area more. If his place is small, you can use an xpen to allow for more exercise. The idea behind this is to let him understand “his” area and the “general”: area that is not to be marked. And slowly allow more freedom as he gets it.

Do you have any other animals?

• jessica2
              Participant
              17 posts Send Private Message

The only other animals I have are my husband and my daughter!! My husband and I decided not to get any animals after we had my daughter, we were too afraid of not having enough time for them. My daughter is a year old now and we decided to go ahead and get an animal since we’ve both wanted one for a while. When he is neutered and the bunny condo is built i would love to go to the shelter and let him pick out another bunny to be buds with, we’ll see how that works out though. He doesn’t get free roam of the place since we have many electronics and cords, he is confined to only the living room where he can binky around (and boy does he..) and we have an enclosed xpen so he can romp around outside in the grass under supervision.
                And that face, that is definately him being annoyed with me for taking pictures. After the picture was taken he dropped his jaw as almost to say “i cannot believe you just took that..i didnt even do my hair!”

I will try confining his area a bit more to see if it helps, I even tried putting a litter box in the living room but he just turns his little nose up at it.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

he’s such a cutie! i’ll second everyone’s good advice and look forward to hearing how he’s doing

• poopy
                  Participant
                  684 posts Send Private Message

how cute!

get him neutered, then he’ll probably use the box fine.

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

Try placing a few more littertrays around his area … it may encourage him to use them and not your floor!

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant
                      4293 posts Send Private Message

OMGosh how cute!!!! Too cute for words!  It looks like he is posing for camera too!

• MooBunnay
                        Participant
                        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hmm that is a dissaproving face if I’ve ever seen one! I agree that the neutering will definitely help. Also, since he’s got such a nice big space and is relatively new to it, he probably feels the need to “claim” his territory from time to time. If he’s got no other competing boys around maybe that will also die down a bit naturally. As I’m writing this I just got a whiff of my Kind Raymond of the Sinky Poops poop’s – Kramer was running around today and Raymond felt the need to reestablish his territorial scent – my recommendation: don’t get two boys that aren’t bonded the poop wars shall never end!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Meet Sam – and some questions about poo