Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Meet Hero (not a bunny)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

This is Hero a 9 week old Labrador. I drove 12 hours round trip to pick him up. He currently has two modes sleep and scream. Lol. 

Sleep deprivation is a real thing. 

My oldest dog doesn’t give two hoots about him as long as he stays off his bed. My youngest dog acts like I have betrayed him and will never forgive me. Lol. 

My cats no longer exist. They have scattered and I have no idea where they are hiding. My youngest cat comes out to sniff him and that’s it. 

Joey is about the same size of him and has humped him 3 times in less than 24 hours LOL. Guess he’s an honorary bunny according to her. 

He’s floppy and cute. 

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

Aww, he’s adorable Sonn!

• LittlePuffyTail
          18092 posts Send Private Message

He’s so cute!!!!!! What’s his story? You sure have a lot of fur-babies! How many cats do you have?

• Sonn
            Participant

He’s so stinkin cute! But good lort I forgot about puppy teeth.

He is going to train to be my psychiatric service dog and migraine alert dog (cluster headaches but it’s the same training).

I do have a lot of fur butts lol. I’ve always had quite a house full. I think the least I’ve ever had was when it was 4 dogs.

I have 3 cats. I have a tendency to take in broken or orphaned cats. Lol. And I’m not even a cat person! Which may explain why my cats tend to act like dogs.

• Azerane
              4688 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh! What a cutie

Congrats and I love the name!

• Sonn
                Participant

Lol. My mom actually named him. I had a huge list of names and she said what about Hero (I have a slight comic book obsession) and it was like boom that’s the one!

He’s settling in pretty well. He pretty much wakes up potties eats potties again trains for 15-20 minutes plays for 30 minutes and goes back to sleep.

The cats finally don’t care about him. Now just getting him to stop biting my older dogs in the face before they lose their minds.

• jerseygirl
                  22345 posts Send Private Message

PUPPY!!!

Aw Sonn, he’s sweet! He actually has a “wise old soul” look in that second pic. Looking forward to hearing about your journey together.

• Azerane
                    4688 posts Send Private Message

Puppies love the bitey face game

• Sonn
                      Participant

I forgot how little sleep you get when you have a new puppy. I feel like I am slowly turning into a zombie. Lol. 

Also been having a severe case of puppy blues. This morning is the first morning I didn’t immediately burst into tears and write and delete and email over and over to take him back.

He’s slowly learning that my older dogs do not appreciate their faces being bitten. He does think Haven’s belly band is a toy since it has that loud velcro sound. Lol. Right now he is tethered to me unless we are in my bedroom or outside. 

Luckily he has 0 interest in pestering Joey. I was a little worried about that. But I think her size intimidates him a bit. Lol. Even though at 10 weeks old he is nearly 3x her size.

Got a couple of pictures outside in the snow while we were training this morning.

• MoxieMeadows
                        Participant
                        5375 posts Send Private Message

oh my goodness, I am dying, he is so cute!

• Sonn
                          Participant

Hero was unfortunately not able to stay. He failed a test called the Volhard test and his trainers determined him incapable of being a service dog. My landlord said I absolutely could not keep him as a pet. I cried for almost an entire week during/after handing him back over. I have to wait until between June-August before trying again.

• Bam
                            16878 posts Send Private Message

Sonn, I’m so sorry. I looked up the Volhard test. How sad that he failed, since you and he seemed to be getting along. Sad too that your landlord wouldn’t let you keep him as a pet.

• Wick & Fable
                              5782 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry Sonn. You clearly cared for and loved him. Some times factors don’t line up, but it seems like Hero had a great time with you.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry Sonn.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Meet Hero (not a bunny)