Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Medusa got a new husbunny!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • poopy
      Participant
      684 posts Send Private Message

He came from a neglectful home, living a very small hutch that was very dirty, piled with poop, pee, and old hay. My local rabbit rescue got him neutered. I met him, liked him, and introduced him to Medusa. While Medusa was initially shy, they hit off after several hours. They have been together for 2.5 days now and are grooming each other, sleeping together, and eating together. Oh and Medusa follows him around He doesn’t have a name yet.

• jacki fullerton
        Participant
        79 posts Send Private Message

Medusa’s husbunny is very handsome. How nice that you rescued him, gave him a good home and Medusa likes him. they are very cute together. I like his one ear up and one ear down. How old is he?

• poopy
          Participant

1.5 yrs- and she is 1 yr.

• Anita Stark
            Participant
            194 posts Send Private Message

What a handsome bun!!  Medusa looks very content with her new mate.  Have you come up with any ideas for a name yet?  .. I don’t know why but he kinda looks like a  "George"   to me, like in Georgy Porgey (sp?)

• osprey
              Participant
              2065 posts Send Private Message

Two and a half days is record time!  They must really love each other.  Yay for Medusa!

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

Ah Love at first site!   That’s great!  My first pair was like that.  SOOO much easier.  It all depends on whether a bunny is dominant or not.   So far it sounds like no one is really proving to be the King or Queen, they don’t seem to care about heirarchy, and just are going straight to friendship.   Don’t be surprised though if you do later see some of these behaviors happening.  I know with Rucy and Bailey, they started to try and assert themselves after a week, once Rucy started to feel at home.

They look adorable and look like they are happy to have each other!  Yahoooo!

Congratulations on having another bunny to love!

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

he’s a real cutie! they look so happy together. 🙂 bunny love at first site is such a treat!! I’m glad it went so smoothly!!!

• poopy
                    Participant

Thanks guys! I am so happy…Medusa no longer looks bored and Hecuba is so happy to be out of his yucky hutch at his previous home. I got him microchipped in the name of Hecuba but am not sure if I am going to keep it. It’s weird getting used to how much more he eats and poops compared to Medusa, who is a lot smaller. He decimates both litter boxes really quickly!

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

Aww!  He’s so cute!  I’m glad they are getting along!

• Theresa Moan
                        Participant
                        249 posts Send Private Message

That is so awesome.  Is he half-minilop?

• MooBunnay
                          Participant
                          3087 posts Send Private Message

hi! YAY! they are sooo adorable together

• poopy
                            Participant

Yup I think he is part lop, part angora. Here are some more pix:

• Theresa Moan
                              Participant
                              249 posts Send Private Message

Are you keeping his name?

• poopy
                                Participant

His original name was Pichu. I changed his official name to Hecuba but he is called "Pookers"

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Medusa got a new husbunny!