Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Mat for food and water bowls??

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Trixieandcookies
      Participant
      77 posts Send Private Message

Hello, I am wondering if anyone uses a mat on hardwood flooring for their rabbits food bowls. I don’t want water and stuff spilling on the hardwood floors and am afraid of Trixie chewing a silicone mat. I have seen these mats that are like memory foam kitchen mat but smaller for food bowls but I don’t know what they are called. I could also just put her food bowls on a rug but I thought a mat would be fine. So has anyone ever used a mat for their bunnies? And did it turn out okay (like did your bun destroy it etc.) ? Thank you!

• Bam
        16872 posts Send Private Message

You could perhaps use one of those plastic trays you use to put muddy boots on in the hall? They are called boot trays or muddy boot trays. They are hard plastic and don’t have to be  expensive, they have a bit of a rim so water spill won’t get on the floor. The rim isn’t so high the bun would have trouble reaching the bowls.

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

I believe the foam mats are called chef mats or anti-fatigue mats!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Trixieandcookies
            Participant

Hmm I will look into the boot trays, but some are rubbery like silicone. Maybe I could get a small door mat, does anyone think that would work? Or still has anyone tried those foam mats/anti fatigue mats?

• DanaNM
              8930 posts Send Private Message

I have an anti-fatigue mat in my kitchen and the buns more or less leave it alone. Bun Jovi will occasionally nibble the edges but nothing too crazy. I also have a kind of heavy-duty door mat that is pretty stiff rubber on one side, and very short carpet on the other. They completely ignore that one.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• DanaNM

I have an anti-fatigue mat in my kitchen and the buns more or less leave it alone. Bun Jovi will occasionally nibble the edges but nothing too crazy. I also have a kind of heavy-duty door mat that is pretty stiff rubber on one side, and very short carpet on the other. They completely ignore that one.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Peanutthebunny
                  Participant
                  239 posts Send Private Message

I’ve seen people using a bath mat maybe a rubber bath mat or something like that

• Trixieandcookies
                    Participant

Alright so an anti-fatigue mat might be too big because they are for kitchens. Does anyone think a bun would chew a silicone mat? Sorry I just want to make sure before I get anything.

• DanaNM

It really depends on the bun! Is your bun a big chewer?

• Trixieandcookies
                        Participant

Well probably yes she is. Is there anything at all I can use to put her food bowls on? Thanks.

• DanaNM

What about one of those hard plastic lunch trays? Probably wouldn’t look that nice, but if her bowls were heavy ceramic it would prob be heavy enough not to move around. Or maybe even a small rug with a some heavy ceramic tiles on top?

• snowballsmomma
                            Participant
                            61 posts Send Private Message

I was also experiencing a lot of water spills with my rabbit and so I use what was previously a clear plastic top from one of the snacks I usually buy!  It works well because it also has a bit of a rim to it.  That being said, my bun doesn’t chew so that wasn’t a concern.  I agree with Dana though, a hard plastic lunch tray (they have smaller sizes too), sounds like a pretty good idea.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Mat for food and water bowls??