Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Marlee’s date (& Pics)

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kiley Rose
      Participant
      267 posts Send Private Message

I took Marlee down to the pet store where I’m getting her a new friend. Originally, I was going to get a little white one (who I had been calling Amelia) but Marlee seems to have liked my second pick better. Amelia was very bubbily and hyper while the other one was a bit more mellow. When I first put all 3 together the babies were trying to nurse off Marlee..she was having none of that! It was so funny Oh and I found out the mom is a Satin Rex and the dad is Half Angora (half rex?).

Whenever Amelia went towards her, Marlee ran the other direction. But when the little brown one went up to her they would just touch noses and sit there facing eachother. I can’t wait to get the little one. It can come home anytime after 11/23!

Anyone have name ideas? I’m not sure if it’s a girl or boy…it looks a lot like the dad though so I think it may be a boy…but I really hope its a girl. I like little girl animals. For a girl I was thinking: Shiloh, Aurora, Willow. For a boy I like Samson or Sage..

Here’s some more pictures.

Both of the ears actually stand up..but I think this is adorable.

Marlee lounging in the backround & my foot

The pet store owner took all the good pictures and put them on a website, where there’s more (incase anyone’s bored..ha)

http://www.rainforest-pets.com/rabbit-photos2.htm

• Monkeybun
        Participant
        10479 posts Send Private Message

Awwww what a cutie!!!

• Jenna, Chubs & Comet
          Participant
          617 posts Send Private Message

soooo cute!

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

Gorgeous – I really like that last pic of her/him. As the new one is young – it is hard to tell how Marlee and her/him will be toward on another long term. But I do think getting them used to one anothers presence will assist you in bonding when the little one is past puberty or post “speuter”.

• Kiley Rose
              Participant

Yeah, I hope it works It just seemed Marlee got along better with the calmer one. And I’m thinking since she is so highstrung and spazzy sometimes, she’s gonna need a more chilled out friend.

• Pebble and Dante
                Participant
                60 posts Send Private Message

SOOO CUTE… I would call her Carmella Bella – because she looks like vanilla icecream with carmel sauce.

• Kiley Rose
                  Participant

Awe that’s really cute! I’m crossing my fingers that it is a girl..

• luvmybunny
                    Participant
                    576 posts Send Private Message

What a cutie!! Willow is a cute name or Carmella Bella too! Picking out names is the hard part….lol Keep us posted on their progress!

• Kiley Rose
                      Participant

yeah, willow was my first thought. I kinda like Sage and that could work for either a boy or a girl…how long does it take usually to find out the gender?

• Monkeybun
                        Participant
                        10479 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bunnymum on 11/13/2009 12:02 PM
                          What a cutie!! Willow is a cute name or Carmella Bella too! Picking out names is the hard part….lol Keep us posted on their progress!

Pickign Monkey’s name was easy. She kept trying to climb onto stuff, and I called her a little monkey. It kinda stuck.

• Kiley Rose
                          Participant

I think Monkey is like the most adorable name..haha..it just makes me wanna snuggle her I’m thinking I may wait til I have the baby and then the name will probably come to me. I had just read an autobiography on Marlee Matlin so that’s how Marlee got her name… and I really couldn’t imagine her with any other name now. I just thought I’d see what else everyone suggested.

Also, quick question cause I was just thinking of this…
                            In Marlee’s house I have a plywood ramp with carpeting going from the bottom to the second floor…she recently started chewing on the plywood part at the top. I’m really nervous she’s going to get a splinter in her mouth…but is that even possible? I’ve tried covering it with those straw mats but she just pushes them down the ramp. Am I just worrying too much? And when I took the ramp out last night she refused to go to the top floor (even though she doesn’t use it to get up there..I think she was just being Marlee) but her litterbox is up there since she wont use the original one on the bottom floor..
                            Silly rabbit..

• Beka27
                            Participant
                            16016 posts Send Private Message

So cute!

• RabbitPam
                              11002 posts Send Private Message

I think it would be OK to nail the carpet to the plank, but use nails that are almost as deep as the board so she can’t pull them out at all. (Unlike tiny brads.)

The little one is adorable!!! I thought of Marlee Matlin when I read it, so you could call the new one Matty or Mat if a boy, and Maddie or Mattie if a girl.
                                but I also thought of Jacob to go with Marlee.
                                Together they look like Night and Day. (Marlee Night and Doris Day?)

• Kiley Rose
                                Participant

• Kiley Rose
                                  Participant

I actually attached the carpet with caulk/glue stuff (glued in the center, she can’t get to it). She’s just chewing at the very top of the ramp where it kinda lays on the next floor a bit. She hasn’t done it much today.

I’ve thought of Maddie (from Madeline or something) but the little girl across that lives across the street from me is named Maddie..

I was thinking tonight, I named Marlee after an actress I liked, so I was trying to think of like a famous guy I liked. I love the Doors, so I was thinking Morrison if it’s a boy..Marlee & Morrison…eh, who knows though. I might just wait to see it’s personality. Only 9 more days

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Marlee’s date (& Pics)