Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Marking

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Firsttimer
      Participant
      144 posts Send Private Message

My Pepper loves to jump onto the bed to cosy up beside me when I’m reading or watching tv. She has done it a few times over the last couple of months. But last night she peed all over the bed.  Her litter tray was right beside the bed. I’m guessing that she was marking her area but my question is does this stop after she has been spayed or will I permanently have to keep her off the furniture?

• Floppy
        Participant
        490 posts Send Private Message

Um… Mr Floppy still likes to hop on my bed and pee sometimes, I basically keep him off.
          He is smart though, if he is out and about he will wait until I am out of the room and then he
          will hop on my bed. My floppster is neutered and is great with his litterbox but for some reason
          he still wants to make sure the bed is also his I guess…he will normally get off the bed when
          he sees me or I just squirt him with the water bottle!

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Hi Lorna.  I am picturing Pepper up on the bed all snuggled in with you, that is just precious. As with the marking, it may or may not change after spaying.  Bunnies when trying to overstep you and become top bunny, they will mark things that have your scent the heaviest, like your bed.  Try a sharp NO and place Pepper in the potty beside the bed. It could also be that she is so snuggly she doesn’t want to get off the bed either.  Is she marking any other items?  Is she comfortable getting off the bed to go to her litterbox?

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

One of my bunnies – Raymond – has peed on our couch twice when we have brought him up there to pet and snuggle. In his case, I think he doesn’t really know where the litterbox is because he isn’t on the couch to often, and probably just doesn’t know where to get off to pee (poor guy ) so perhaps if you could make sure her litterbox is very accessible from the bed like Scarlet Rose mentioned. As far as the marking on the bed, I still haven’t found and answer to that question! Its a lot like marking on the couch, I still have yet to identify a good solution.

• Firsttimer
              Participant
              144 posts Send Private Message

Well Pepper is still peeing on the sofas and on my lap, the latter being extremely annoying as she doesn’t like to be held so the only snuggles I get are when she jumps on me.  She doesn’t do it for days and lulls me into a sense of security and then it happens again. Doh!  She is being spayed next week, maybe that’ll affect things?

1127481683371.jpg

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

well – the spaying may help, but there are some bunnies who just like mark places like the couch. I would recommend trying to remove the odor so she doesn’t keep marking in the same place. white vinegar works well for this, but i’d try the vinegar in a tiny corner first to make sure it doesn’t hurt the fabric

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Marking