Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE March Chit Chat

Viewing 216 reply threads
  • Author
    • LBJ10
      14555 posts Send Private Message

So apparently it’s March now and Mike wants us to start a new thread.

Welcome March!

To carry some stuff over from previous discussion.

Elrohwen – I cannot believe your co-worker would be that clueless. OMG, people these days!

ChaCha – About your school stuff, that’s awesome! I knew things would work out for you and I’m really glad you decided to go to the community college. You’ll get a quality education there and stuff will be hands-on. Plus if you like it, you can always keep going for a nursing degree.

• LBJ10

So remember that job I got? Well, I’m not sure what’s going on. They said they would do the background check and then once that was done my name would go out to the schools so the teachers can see when I’m available and if my credentials line up with what they need.

It’s been over 2 weeks and I haven’t heard a peep. Nothing, nada, ziltch. I understand that it might take awhile, but it’s March (as you can see above) already. Their semester ends at the beginning of May. They seemed so eager when I was there for my interview, so now I’m wondering what’s going on.

Oh and they re-posted the job listing on the department of labor’s website yesterday. Um..

I don’t know if I should call them and see what’s up. I worry that I’m over-reacting. I’m still looking for employment for the summer. I need to find something that is relevant to my education. I have very little experience and it’s proving hard to find anything even remotely related that I can apply for. I’m terrified that this is going to be what it’s like when I graduate in December and all my student loans come due.

• bunnyfriend
      Participant
      2368 posts Send Private Message

Good idea I can’t believe that it’s March already. 3 months until my trip to Japan! I am so excited.

I’ve applied at a couple jobs this week, I hope I get one of them! I could use the extra money because I want to start helping out with paying for horse stuff. I need to find a new horse for competition and jumping lessons. Prim is such a sweet horse but I don’t think she will do well with jumping and competition, I just want to spend time with her in open fields and try to swim with her this summer. I don’t think I’ll be in the mood for a new horse for a long while though.

Chacha: I’m really glad to hear that things with school are going so well for you!!

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

LBJ10, that is very strange. If I were you I’d call them just to follow up. I hope you go the job!

• LBJ10

bunnyfriend – You’re going to Japan? Did I miss that somewhere? Sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve been dreaming about traveling places a lot lately. Too bad I’m poor.

I thought I got the job. They had me fill out tax and direct deposit paperwork. They gave me a copy of the employee handbook. They never asked me if I wanted the job or made any formal job offer. They just walked me over to the HR department after the interview and had me do all that stuff. Weird. I mean, I guess there is the possibility that no one from any of the zillion schools in town will call me. But why would they be so eager if there wasn’t a need? I’m confused. I suppose I can call Monday. I just don’t know what to say to them.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant
      6634 posts Send Private Message

Did someone just say Nippon?!

Please try all of the Japanese kitkat flavors! Japanese kitkat flavors are AMAZING, not to mention lower calorie lol! I just ordered Matcha green tea ones, and I found strawberry tart at the Asian store ;D Nom yum nom yum! If I ever went to Japan, I would put myself in debt.. I’m not even kidding, lol!

I just got the email confirmation that my laptop is on its way to my apartment Strange thing is, the company hasn’t charged my debit card. I’ll have to give the company a call! I’m tired of the amount that is sitting in my account

Thank you for your support I’m excited! I’m crossing my fingers that I get approved for the program! I’m taking a chance with this, but I have a good feeling about it!

My back still hurts. I slept on a plushie last week, and it still aches. I woke up this morning with a sore left wrist! Am I getting old already?! Or maybe just sleeping in a strange position? @____@ The boyfriend said that back injuries will take a while to get better. I don’t do anything too straneous (I am a cashier, but I always wear a back brace) and I ice my back.

I got paid today… and according to the Girl Scout website, the scouts are supposed to be at my job this weekend! I’m going to buy a box of thin mints to cheer John up. I picked up my dad’s birthday present and told him that ‘Chacha wanted me to buy it.’ I ordered Chacha some hay online. It should last me until at least April or May.

• MimzMum
      Participant
      8029 posts Send Private Message

Oooo bunnyfriend…is there room in your suitcase for me? I don’t eat much.

Pip and Fiver go in for dentals tomorrow a.m. I’m really worried because Pip has never needed one before. She’s 5 years old and overweight. I’m scared how it will go.

LBJ10…I’d definitely give the job a call. It shows your interest in the position and gets you an update. I’d be a bit teed off myself if I gave all this sensitive info and didn’t get so much as a by your leave. :/

Chacha…haven’t been in the Feb thread for awhile, but sounds like things are going well for you. And how is Miss Diva?

And a quick shout out to all you midwest BBers…the weather reports have me concerned for all of you. You’re in my prayers for your safety!

• emkvet
      Participant
      372 posts Send Private Message

MM, I’m sure the dental will go fine! SOOOO many middle aged buns come through anesthesia like champs! Good luck; we’re all sending (((good vibes))) your way!

Today the SCAAEP (basically the equine vet club) listened to a lecture on Equine Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Traditional Chinese Medicine! It was super interesting and informative…AND WE GOT TO PRACTICE ACUPUNCTURE ON OURSELVES!!!! It was crazy!!!! We did two acupuncture points, one near our elbow, the other in the web of skin between the thumb and pointer finger. It didn’t hurt much, although I did find out that I am hypersensitive to it, and got hives/itchy in the spots where the needles were (you can see it in the photo around the base of the needle). Whatever. I felt like a bada** for even doing it, lol  

• peppypoo
      Participant
      1945 posts Send Private Message

Whoa emkvet, that’s crazy!! I’m super scared of getting stuck with needles for some reason…it freaks me out to an unreasonable degree haha. Even though I have no problems with sticking other people; I vaccinated a ton of kids last weekend for a vaccination drive and had no problem with it. As long as it’s not in me heh.

MM, dental vibes for your buns!

• LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Mimz- Double dentals! Big (((Vibes))) for easy procedures and speedy recoveries.

I would love to experience acupuncture. Needles don’t bother me at all and I’m really interested in holistic treatments.

• Elrohwen
      Participant
      7318 posts Send Private Message

LBJ, I would be kind of freaking out in your position too! I hate when stuff like that happens and you fret over whether they really wanted to hire you or not, and you don’t want to be a pest by calling all the time. I can say that I would call if I were you, but I know I’d be nervous about calling and second guessing the decision. lol

emkvet, that’s so cool!! I’d love to try acupuncture sometime – I’d like love to see if it really works (I get headaches a lot, so that’s what I’d want it to fix). I’m ok with needles too – I get 7 allergy shots every week and I used to give myself allergy shots for a while in my early college years.

bunnyfriend, Japan sounds really cool! My best friend went there with her mom as a college graduation present and she had such a great time.

ChaCha, I hope your laptop comes soon!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant
      4128 posts Send Private Message

LBJ, I would call and just say you are following up the interview, wondering if they need any more information from you, etc… I hate when employers don’t keep people in the loop about things. And some can be so weird. My boyfriend has been turned down for having a misdemeanor from when he was a teenager on his record. o.O

emkvet – eeeeee! I hate needles… I have a major phobia lol well, not as major as my father, he lost 3 fingers and refused to let them give him a shot to dull the pain. o.O Glad you enjoyed it though.

bunnyfriend – Japan is nice. A friend of mine is living over there teaching English and he posts pictures all the time on Facebook, looks so cool. Apparently they have a lot of spiders and other bugs during the spring/summer months though, he even found a crab in his shoe after the last tsunami. lol Bet you’re excited to go Have you learned any of the language?

Last night Powder decided he owns the bed even more than normal. He dug up his usual spot (he digs like a dog before he will flop), then flopped out quite audibly and then kicked his back legs out behind him, pushing my pillow to the opposite side of the bed like “you can have that little bit of bed over there, the rest of this belongs to me” *frown* So I slept near the edge of the bed all night so his Highness could stretch out. I think he is taking the slave thing a little too literal.

• longhairmike
      Participant
      1066 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Stickerbunny on 03/03/2012 09:55 AM
       My boyfriend has been turned down for having a misdemeanor from when he was a teenager on his record. o.O

i got arrested and charged with assault the last day of high school for shaving creaming the bus driver. i got 16 hours communuty service, but i also got banned from graduation so it was a pretty good deal.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

BWAAHAHAH Mike

Looks like we all need vibes, luck, and some love

My dad helped me with some of the questions on the paperwork I need to turn in. A little part of it is to interview 2 medical assistants. The questions are simple, like: “What qualities does a person need for this job?” “What are some of the duties?” “How much do you make per hour?” “What are advancement opportunities?” My friend has been an MA for 5 years, and she is very helpful. I only need one more MA to talk to, and my dad deals with the public, and has MA customers. He is going to ask if they would mind giving me a call to help me out with the last ‘job shadow.’ Hahah.

I’m feeling pretty confident about this.

Mimz, aww, *vibes* Miss Diva is doing well. I’ve let her be completely free range in the apartment (which means allowing her into my bedroom 24/7). When i woke up this morning, she was asleep underneath my desk. She has waken me up in the morning by licking my arm, jumping on my chest, and pawing the blankets off me!!

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

MM: Hahaha

ChaCha: I’ll definitely have to try some!

LBJ10 and Stickerbunny: I’m in my 3rd year of college level Japanese The trip is a 3-4 week school trip. I’ll be doing a homestay at our sister school, Hakuoh, for part of the time and then traveling to Hiroshima, Tokyo, Kyoto, and some other places for the rest of the time.

I just got back from 9 hours of teaching little kids how to fold paper cranes at an international fair. No breaks (there’d always be people next in line) and no food the entire time. It was fundraising for our Japan trip.

• LBJ10

Thanks everyone. I will try calling them on Monday.

emkvet – EEK! o__O

ChaCha – That’s great! Glad you’re getting help filling out the paperwork. You’ll have to keep us updated. =D

bunnyfriend – Oh wow! That’s cool! I took French in highschool, forgot every last bit of it. Took French in college, forgot every last bit of it. LOL
      I used to know how to make paper cranes. I would have to mess around with it to see if I can remember how to do it.

All this talk about back pain. Ugh. I woke up this morning with this weird pain in my side. Like it wasn’t internal. It was on the surface and it hurt when I touched the skin there. Then the pain moved down my side and down my leg. I’ve been having a lot of pain in my legs lately, but the doctor looked at me like I was crazy and then said I was probably just dehydrated.

• LittlePuffyTail

i got arrested and charged with assault the last day of high school for shaving creaming the bus driver. i got 16 hours communuty service, but i also got banned from graduation so it was a pretty good deal.

I wish I would have thought of that! My school was trying to force me to do the whole graduation ceremony but I didn’t want to. It’s so lame and you had to give up like a whole weekend to rehearse for it. All my friends had graduated the previous year so I just wanted to get the heck out of there. I ended up leaving a note at the office with my address that said “mail me my certificate. I’m not going.”

• Elrohwen
      Participant

LPT, that’s awesome. lol My parents would’ve killed me if I did something like that though!

bunnyfriend, that sounds very cool! My school did something similar with a trip to Spain, though my parents decided they couldn’t afford it and I didn’t get to go 🙁

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

Thanks guys! Sorry you didn’t get to go Elrohwen

emkvet: Ah! That looks so scary! So you’ve decided that you’re going to be an equine vet??

• LBJ10

Wow, I sure pissed Wooly off tonight. He was unusually grumpy. He barked at my husband when we picked him up. Then I snipped his little “dingle berry” that I had been chasing for days. It was just a little mat of fur near his rear. Well after I was done, he decided to start wiggling. He pushed up and hit his eye on my lip. It was moist. Eww. I don’t think it hurt his eye though.

So there was an advertisement in the newspaper for delivering phone books. Has anyone ever done that before?

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

I know someone who did and they liked it ok. They had to pay someone if they wanted a day off though. Not sure if that is regular procedure or not.

Powder did something adorable tonight. Was laying in the floor with the bf watching Tv and bf started kissing me and Powder popped his head in between us like “hey can I get in on those?” Lol so he got pets and ear kisses. Luckily bf finds it cute when he interrupts too.

• LBJ10

That sounds weird. The ad said PT temporary positions, set your own hours. My assumption was that you tell them you will deliver X number of phone books and then you go do it. Maybe that’s not how it works. LOL! I was going to call tomorrow. I called today but it was just a recording saying to call back during normal hours.

Wow, Powder sounds like a sweetie! Wish mine did that. The best I can hope for is one of them coming up the dog ramp visit me on the couch. No kisses though.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Different companies may have different rules, my mother went on vacation with the lady and she had to pay like $50 to get a week off so someone would cover her hours. I found it weird too! But apparently they weren’t willing to hire enough employees to cover days off.

Yes he is a sweetie, he is a lot like a dog. He has taken to sleeping on my arm too lol he hates being left out of getting attention.

• longhairmike
      Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 03/04/2012 06:34 PM
      So there was an advertisement in the newspaper for delivering phone books. Has anyone ever done that before?

i imagine its not much different from an advertisement in a phone book for delivering newspapers, except you dont start at 3am

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Last night, the princess sat on a couch cushion.. and took a nap on it.

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

Stickerbunny, I want to bunnynap Powder. He sounds like such a sweetheart!

ChaCha: Hahah perfect for her royal touschie (I don’t think I spelt that right lol)

• LBJ10

Okay, biggest waste of a morning EVER. I had to go to this crappy motel to apply for the phone book delivery thing. They told me to go watch the “training” video and then I could fill out the paperwork. Fine fine. I did that and then they asked me where I wanted to have my route. I said close to my house would be great. They picked one, showed it to me. It was within a few blocks of my house. I took the work order out to the semi truck trailer parked outside. The guys started loading stuff up in my car, snickering a little bit. The guy said they were out of the big books so they were just loading up some of the small ones. I said I could come back with a truck. The guy said sure, but I wasn’t going to get them all in one trip with the truck. WHAT? Turned out it was almost 2,000 phone books. =O He said there was no way they would fit in one load, even with a pickup. The route paid $$200 For almost 2,000 phone books and they wanted them delivered by Wednesday. I had absolutely no clue it was that many phone books for only $200. I went back inside and said the route was too big for me to do by myself (and considering the price of gas, was it really worth more than one trip across town to pick up to books?). They said they were all that size. Then the guy who was the “manager” got really nasty with me. He said in a snarky voice “Didn’t you watch the training video?” Yes, it didn’t say anything about the routes involving 2,000 phone books. He said if I didn’t want to do it, then give them the stuff back and they would remove me from the system. Then he was sure to say that I would be barred from working for them ever again. Um yeah, like I would want to. Idiot.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Wow, too many to fit in a pickup? 😮 That is a lot of books. Without paying for gas, that is really a horrible deal.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Wow, that sounds ridiculous! I’m not sure why anyone would take that job for that kind of money. Sorry it didn’t work out 🙁

• LBJ10

I’m a little confused too. I thought maybe it would be like 500 or 600. This is absolutely ridiculous. The guy outside at the trailer was a little nicer about it than the manager guy. He said that I wasn’t the first person to say they didn’t want to do it after they found out how many there were. I was just shocked. I don’t understand why anyone would want to do that for such little money. My husband agreed it wasn’t worth it, so I’m glad that he wasn’t mad when I came home empty handed. He laughed a little bit when I told him what the manager said. As if saying I was barred from working for them ever again was going to upset me in some way. Oh well. I just wanted a quick couple hundred bucks to pay some bills that are piling up. This just wasn’t worth all the time, effort, and gas. I guess I’d better start looking through stuff to see if there’s anything I can take to the second-hand store or put on ebay.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Whenever we needed to raise funds like that, we would sell some of the DVDs we had. Was pretty easy to replace them for a lot less than we made from selling. Hope you find something quick and easy to make up the money you need, silly company.

• longhairmike
      Participant

sounds like it was nothing more than a REALLY heavy paper route.

places like that probably hire people as contractors not an employees.. meaning you do the job and get paid whether it takes you 4 hours or 14 hours. you use your own vehichle and they dont take taxes out, but they issue you a 1099 at the end of the year,and you have to file it under schedule C on your taxes (self employment), meaning you are liable for paying both the employer and employee half of SS & medicare tax up to the first 110k of income.

• LBJ10

LOL Mike, yes I’m sure you would need to use a wagon or a cart or something. You’re right, it would be an independent contractor type deal. I wasn’t looking to make more than a couple hundred dollars anyway, so that part wasn’t a big deal. I’m a little worried though now. I filled out all that paperwork and they had entered me into the computer as an employee. I hope they keep that stuff in a safe place. It has my name, address, DL number, ss number, etc etc. I’m feeling a bit paranoid about it now.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

bunnyfriend – LOL! I thought it was very odd! She has never been one to take naps on squishy things, so it threw me off I got pictures, of course.

I have simple things left to do on the paperwork: get a copy of the apartment lease/rental agreement, make copies of my pay stubs (proof of income). The most difficult one is finding a Medical Assistant that is willing to be interviewed for 10 minutes. I personally know one and I have interviewed her, but I don’t know another! I keep calling local clinics, but they either tell me: I can’t do it, or they transfer me to Human Resources! I’m doing my best here, but it is making me frustrated! The questions aren’t even too bad.. examples: “What qualifications do you look for in an MA?” “What is the starting pay?” “What responsbilities do they have?”

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Since you know one MA, can she find a friend of hers that will help you? I’m sure she knows a lot of people in the field and they might be willing to do her the favor of interviewing with you.

• MimzMum
      Participant

That’s scary LBJ10. I remember taking on an ‘interior decorator’ job that was run in a way that reminds me of your experience. Videos, packets, commission work…all it turned out to be was selling picture frames and junk art like a Fuller Brush salesman. Nauseating.

I am sad today for what seems like a stupid reason. The Slide/SPP website shuts down today and I have nowhere to download my virtual pet and his habitats. It’s been a big deal to the community as a whole and lots of folks are angry about the money they’ve invested and lost. I’m mostly going to miss my bunny, Hobo. ;_; I spend lots of nights lying awake with insomnia so it’s been a fun game to play and nice folks to ‘know’. Feel kinda low anyway because I’ve been so busy with taking care of Ebon all day and most of the evening. Jenna is going bald and her health is just not good. Never got my PC fixed. Still haven’t finished taxes. Everything’s just piling on.

At least Pip and Fiver came through their dentals well. Pip did great! She was eating the minute I got her out of her carrier and never stopped. Fiver looked like hell and I had to give him metacam. I think isoflourane doesn’t agree with him. He was so spaced out and uncomfortable and had me worried most of the night.

Urge…the mania never stops… >_<

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

She doesn’t socialize with the other workers, but she gave me the main number for the back office at her job. They sent me to HR -____- HR was not even there. I am running out of time I emailed my case worker and told her that I am doing the best that I can.

• LBJ10

ChaCha – Does it have to be someone local? Could someone here on BB maybe help?

• LBJ10

Agh, this is really bugging me now. Would it be unreasonable to call them and ask about my paperwork? I’m just concerned because it was just a sheet of paper that I filled out. They are operating out of a not-very-nice motel on the highway. I’m sure they are legitimate, but I just worry how professional they are about handling sensitive information. What happens to that sheet of paper? Is is filed away somewhere?

Am I being silly?

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

You probably wouldn’t get a very nice answer if the manager was so snarky, but if it is bothering you, wouldn’t hurt to call and ask what they did with the paper that had your information. I mean, identity theft does happen. Though you are probably fine.

• peppypoo
      Participant

I don’t think there’s anything at all wrong with asking for them to dispose of your information. Maybe you could even just ask to have the sheet back since you don’t know what “dispose” could mean to them.

• Pandorachik
      Participant
      900 posts Send Private Message

Does anyone here have Pinterest?—not to change the subject
      But it’s pretty darn amazing! ;D

• Monkeybun
      Participant
      10479 posts Send Private Message

I don’t like it simply due to the fact they modify the links posted so they generate revenue without notifying people of such.

If they do that, what else are they willing to do to make money?

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/pinterest-skimlinks-affiliate-links/39906/

• Pandorachik
      Participant

Monkeybun: Hmnm… that is very interesting.. I just love to scroll through and see the pretty pics
      But I did not know about that terrible scam. :/
      I too, wonder what they are willing to do to make money..

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Never even heard of it

If I want to see pics of animals I usually just go to cute overload, if I want to see others, I go to artists websites.

• Pandorachik
      Participant

Stickerbunny: Hmmm… I love cute pet pics! Eeep! Adorable-ness!

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 03/05/2012 02:30 PM
      ChaCha – Does it have to be someone local? Could someone here on BB maybe help?

I don’t think so, heh. Well, if any of you personally know any Medical Assistants or are one, please send me a PM  The interview is 5-10 minutes.

I am going to pull this  Food Processor out of the box and make something

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Love food processors! I feel bad that mine is relegated to the pantry after I got my mixer, but I still love it 🙂

MB, interesting info! I’m a member of Pinterest, and read tons of blogs that fawn over it, but I just never got into it myself. I like the idea of it all, though I’m not surprised they are resorting to different ways to make money.

Chacha, I know a PA – could you interview her? I’m guessing that’s not helpful, but I figured I’d offer since she would be happy to talk to you.

• longhairmike
      Participant

call the motel office and ask if they are still checked in,, then notify the police to see if they would be willing to be witness to your retrieving your paperwork, and as backup just in case. who the $*&! operates out of a motel??

• LBJ10

Apparently these guys do. They aren’t from here, they are just in town to distribute phone books. I believe they are the same company that the local phone company has been contracting for years. But yeah, they could have picked a place that wasn’t a dump.

• peppypoo
      Participant

I’m familiar with Pinterest although I don’t have an account…but I’ve heard it described as “reddit for girls”, which I found hilarious. I do spend a good amount of time on reddit though (heh), anyone else? Just found out today that there’s a rabbits subreddit where a lot of people seem to be of the pro-spay/neuter house rabbit camp, yay!

• peppypoo
      Participant

Hahahha. The squeaks are a little morbid if you think about what they would actually mean in a real bunny, but I understand that for the skit they needed some noise for the bunny to make.

• LittlePuffyTail

That was so cute. I love Animal! Thanks for posting!

Mimz- Glad your buns made it through their dentals okay. It doesn’t surprise me about Fiver because that’s how Bindi was after his too. And they pretty much do everything the same.

I just recently heard about Pinterest and it seems interesting but I just really don’t have the time to get involved in another online thing. I spend way too much time on my computer.

• LBJ10

Okay I called that phone book thing and asked them about my paperwork. They insisted that they shredded it last night. I hope they did. Wow, I’m stupid.

Aww, look at the cute bunny puppet. I like how he “hops”.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Thank you for the offer Elhrowen!! The caseworker called me back this morning and told me that she will help me finish the paperwork on Thursday! I told her that I have 3/4 of it done, and she said she does not mind assisting me in finishing it! *BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!!!!* i hope that I will find out if I get into the program on Thursday!!!

Looks like my laptop will be here tomorrow morning I’m so excited! I’m going to put all of my 1,800 iPhone photos from my phone onto my laptop.. oh my gosh. o_O most are Chacha bun photos. Maybe this calls for another around of Chacha photo flood on BB?

Chacha has taken a liking to munching on my TIME magazines. I try to keep the magazines away from her, as she ingests the magazine (EEEK!!). I made her a new box to chew on, so she is doing some construction on THAT instead.

Today is senior discount day at work. Most of my regulars are older, but there are some random people that come into the store to shop because they hear about the discount in the Sunday paper Ad. The customers are either really nice, or really… er, rude, lol.

My plants are growing! The green leaf lettuce has sprouted  the cat grass has sprouted as well! Chacha is going to be pleased with the cat grass!! 

• FrankieFlash
      Participant
      1710 posts Send Private Message

Yes to chacha photobomb! I feel less bad now that 3/4 of the pics on my iPhone are of Bunjamin (I was getting razzed about that last week)

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Yes Chacha photobomb! And eeeek on chewing magazines… the glossy page inks a lot of the time are not soy based and can be nasty to animals. Tell Chacha to be more careful!

LBJ, glad they shredded it.

I wish I could get plants to grow, my poor bunnies have to wait til dandelions and grass grow naturally… I tried growing wheat grass and I killed it. It’s bad when I can’t even grow grass! lol

• LBJ10

Funny you mention rude senior shoppers ChaCha! We used to have senior shopping days on a regular basis where I work. For years, the store would provide donuts and coffee. The senior citizens would come flooding through the doors, eat their free donuts, drink their free coffee, socialize with one another, and.. leave without buying anything. One day, the store decided it couldn’t afford to do it anymore since they weren’t making enough money back. They stopping getting the donuts and coffee. OMG, I thought there was going to be a riot!

• Elrohwen
      Participant

ChaCha, Otto is also obsessed with magazines. There must be something delicious about that shiny paper! He mostly ignores phonebooks, the second I try to read a magazine he’s all over me trying to get at it.

LBJ, lol at the image of a rioting pack of senior citizens.

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

It was 60 degrees in WI today I took the bunnies outside on some blankets (no good grass yet) for some fresh air and vitamin D. Anyone else having nice weather so suddenly after heavy snow?

ChaCha: I hope you get into the program!

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

haha how’s this for irony: Bunjamin chin marked his brush. So it’s like he brushed himself!

• LBJ10

bunnyfriend – It was in the 70s today and the 60s yesterday. It’s supposed to cool back down tomorrow. We haven’t had any snow since the 12 inches we got at the beginning of Feb. This winter was weird. I remember there were days in January that were in the 60s and 70s. We took the dog to the park and she was actually hot.. in January. I’m not sure what the average temp was all winter, but it was one of the warmest winters I’ve seen. I wish they would all be like this. I hate winter.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Sticker, don’t worry, I snatch the magazines from Chacha bun I give her newspaper to chew on, but she won’t have any of it! She used to LOVE newspaper! o_O It is like her tastes have changed! She used to love fresh strawberries and pineapple, now she won’t even touch it..

Well, I survived today O_O .. one of my older customers told me “I hope you don’t get cranky people today!” I laughed with her. There was on in fact. I was finished with a transaction and I was still listening to the customer. I started to scan the next customer’s items and the customer says “Paper!” (as in paper bags) and I tell the other customer “See you later!” and the cranky next customer SHOUTS “PAPER PLEASE!!” I wanted to kick him! I told him “Sir, I heard you, I was finishing up my conversation with that last customer (and I want to tell you to shut up and I DID hear you!)!”

Ah… the general public.

I’ll look into digging up photos of Chacha and posting the new ones

HAHA, FrankieFlash, the iPhone camera is really good with focusing and fast shots, that is why there are so many pics It helps that the diva bunny likes to pose for photos

Elhrowen, i Can imagine otto bun jumping onto the couch! “I SMELL MAGAZINE PAPER! MUST INSERT IN MOUFH!!!” nom nom nom!!!

bunnyfriend, Thank you! I do too! I have a good feeling

• longhairmike
      Participant

i went riding from 2-5 this afternoon,,
      i figured it was still too early in the year for sunburn,,, WRONG!!!
      shoulders are toast

• LittlePuffyTail

Sunburn or no, I’m still jealous. It’s -22C here right now.

• LBJ10

I was 70 yesterday. Today it is 39 with a windchill of 29. =\

• Elrohwen
      Participant

I think it’s almost 60 here, at least according to the weather app on my computer, but I haven’t been able to go outside 🙁 It’s supposed to be in the mid-60s tomorrow before it sinks back down. I’ll take it!

I like that this winter has been so warm, in the 40s most days which is unheard of here, but it is making winter seem like forever. Usually it gets cold and then warms up eventually, but this winter has been 5 straight months of the same exact weather and I feel like spring will never come!

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Work today is kind of exhausting. I got pulled into an all day meeting, called a Kaizen (if anybody knows any “Lean” terminology) where we basically figure out why something sucks and how to fix it. Some really good things have come up, but other times people just complain or go off topic and it’s tiring to pay attention for so long. lol Luckily nothing much is happening in my sector today, so I don’t have a million emails to respond to during breaks.

At least I’m getting a little exercise – the walk from my desk to the meeting room is at least 15min, and I have to make the walk at least 4 times today.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

My dad got a little impatient and went to the gym without me :p I apprently didn’t put down the apartment number address when I was filling out information on the laptop site, lol. The delivery people called me, and verified that they will change it and get it to me tomorrow. I feel lazy -___- I wish my dad had waited for the delivery people to call me back.

Chacha bun was nudging me like crazy last night O_O “Hi MOM!” “MOVE, MOM!” “GRR!” She wanted to play in my blankets, but I didn’t have it laid out on the floor for her. She is a blanket dancer!

When I see customers buying carrots with the carrot tops, I will ask them if they are going to use the tops. They don’t .. so I ask them (if the customer is nice haha) if I can cut the tops off. I tell them I have a rabbit, and she loves carrot tops, but dislikes carrots! So far, I’ve gotten many. Some customers will now just offer the carrot tops to me .. I asked the manager if it is okay, as I have a bunny that loves carrot tops. She said “Yeah! as long as you don’t eat them at the register!”  hahah

I’ve got to make a run to the Asian grocery store for veggies, as well to somewhere that can make copies of my check stubs. I have to give proof of my income to the caseworker tomorrow! *crosses fingers*

• LBJ10

Well, we finally found the source of the funky smell coming from the kitchen. Bad beans in the fridge. LOL

• longhairmike
      Participant

so apparently the drug WARFARIN is really a blood thinner and not a klingon repellant…

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Chacha, it’s nice you can get carrot tops for free I can’t even get them! None of the stores here carry whole carrots, they are all prepared and tops removed already.

I can’t get any privacy in this house anymore lol I was taking a shower earlier and I shut the animals out and while I was conditioning my hair in comes the bird flying in to sit on the shower curtain … Powder had pushed the door open for him and was sitting at the doorway with the most priceless look on his face like he was proud of himself.

Mike – I believe the Klingon repellant would be WORFARIN

• longhairmike
      Participant

same thing,, cows in the midwest make melk

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

LBJ10: I’m so jealous! 70s is perfect weather in my opinion

So on Monday the people who own the stable had me ride this new horse they bought, and I fell in love with him so to speak. But today I went to the stable and that horse had my name on his stall and a ribbon around his neck. My grandparents and mom apparently were scheming behind my back. I feel guilty about having a new horse so soon, I really wanted to wait a while, but I am also truly happy to have him. His name is Strauss (not sure if keeping the name) and he’s a 16.2 hh thoroughbred gelding. I don’t really know what to think, mixed between excited/sad, I love him already. Prim (I’m sharing Prim with my sis) likes him too.

• LBJ10

That’s awesome bunnyfriend! I’m not too fond of the name though. Do you have pics of him? Maybe we can make some suggestions.

Yeah, so I have a problem. I’m not even in the system yet with my new job. Someone calls me. They saw that I have class Tue/Thur afternoons. Asked if I could come for 1 hour MWF afternoons. Problem is, this particular school is over 7 miles from my house. For me, it’s not really worth it for only 3 days a week. I was told I could decline offers, but I feel bad about telling this person no. I’m supposed to call them tomorrow. Advice? =\

• Huckleberry
      Participant
      972 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Stickerbunny on 03/07/2012 03:34 PM
      Chacha, it’s nice you can get carrot tops for free I can’t even get them! None of the stores here carry whole carrots, they are all prepared and tops removed already.

I can’t get any privacy in this house anymore lol I was taking a shower earlier and I shut the animals out and while I was conditioning my hair in comes the bird flying in to sit on the shower curtain … Powder had pushed the door open for him and was sitting at the doorway with the most priceless look on his face like he was proud of himself.

Mike – I believe the Klingon repellant would be WORFARIN

That is hilarious!!! I have the same problem. Huckleberry doens’t not allow privacy in this house either. Bunnes, 

• LittlePuffyTail

Exciting, bunnyfriend! I like the name, it’s original.

• LBJ10

Anyone? I have to call them back this afternoon. Driving 42 miles for 3 hours a week. =\

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

If they said you can turn it down, explain that it would be too much traveling for you and you regretfully have to decline. You can make a statement that for a temporary emergency situation where they really _need_ a teacher for a few days, or maybe a week, you would be willing to fill in but you can’t fill in for only an hour for any length of time due to how far away you live, if you feel bad about it.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

bunnyfriend, that is so sweet! I actually love the name – I think it’s very fitting for a horse, especially a jumper.

LBJ, that’s a tough one. How long would it take to drive 7 miles? That doesn’t seem very far to me, but I guess it depends on whether that’s highway or back roads. I’d be inclined to accept it, unless the amount of travel time will really make it difficult for you to keep other commitments and things.

• LBJ10

I would have to go through town to get there. There isn’t an easy route. I’d say it would probably take 20-25 minutes one way. It isn’t THAT far, I guess. It’s just that it would be very inconvenient and that is a lot of gas

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

bunnyfriend, I just have to throw out there that my brother’s in-laws last name is Strauss. I have a good correlation with it because Mrs. Strauss is one of my best hair clients. So random, I know.

Stickerbunny, that’s happened to my mom before. Except it was a dog that opened the door for the birds. I think they all like to help each other out

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Hehe yes they do like to help each other – the bird likes to shower with me, but I wanted to leave him out of it that time 😮 hard to wash my hair with a bird on one hand.

20m to drive 7 miles? o.O that is a long time!

• Monkeybun
      Participant
      10479 posts Send Private Message

if driving 35mph (dont know what your speed limit is there) you’d get there in about 10 minutes if its 7 miles away.

• LBJ10

Stickerbunny – Well, it’s driving through town. There’s a million stop lights and traffic to get through. *sigh* I turned down the offer. I felt really bad for doing so. The student sounded like such a nice kid and I really love the subject. =(

• LBJ10

Monkeybun – I don’t know how I could get there in 10 minutes. It’s 4 miles from my house to school and it takes me 12 minutes on a good day.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

I’m going to fall over and smack my head.

I can’t believe this crap..
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/ban-on-artificially-dyein_n_1326519.html

I just sent an email to the governor of Florida, insisting that he not pass this bill.

I’m sorry if this is political, but it has to do with the welfare of rabbits :/

• LBJ10

Wow. =\

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

^Exactly my thoughts. to think that it passed the house and senate that fast makes me think some people have lost their marbles.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Ugh, bad Florida.

I need to clip my buns nails but I can’t find the nail clipper, so I ordered a new one :s I think there is a gremlin in the house, I can’t find 90% of the boyfriends socks (which don’t go into the basket, OF COURSE) and the DVD control went missing months ago and we never found it. Oh well.

• longhairmike
      Participant

dAMNIT, is there any way in which florida is not $*&!ed up? everytime you turn on the news and there’s some headline of murder, abuse, or some other $*&!ed up fmaily situation i turn to shana and say “bet its florida” and it almost always is. if old people want to go there to die, that’s one thing,, but leave everyone and everything else alone. Medical examiner Dr Garavaglia has the most job security in that entire state.

• longhairmike
      Participant

on a lighter note… new addiiton to the house (well actually 2 months ago, but this is her photo debut)
      her name is,,, of course,, Hammie (it was Terra from FFIV but hammie rolls off the tongue so much easier)
      her hobbies are pooping, eating, pooping, and running in her wheel,,,, all fricking night long,, in fact we have to move her to a bedroom on the opposide side of the house in order to be able to sleep at night, and did i mention pooping?

Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket

• peppypoo
      Participant

T minus 12 hours until my LAST PHYSIOLOGY EXAM and spring break!! I’m not even going anywhere for spring break but I’m sooo looking forward to it…my head is so filled with caffeine, sleep deprivation, and 409834092 facts about kidneys and hormones that I think I could just crash and sleep for the entire next week after I finish my exam. But until then, one…final….stretch…of non-stop cramming…must..not..fall…asleep….

Any other students looking forward to spring break?

• longhairmike
      Participant

that is the study of carbonated beverages?

• MimzMum
      Participant

Hmm…Peppy can I pick your brain about some of that? Can it be applied to bunnies because I’m worried about Mimzy’s kidneys.

Wow Mike…two for two on the puns. Lol…how do you come up with these? XD

• LittlePuffyTail

That whole Florida thing really grinds my gears too. Of course, I actually have much stronger words about it. There’s all kinds of pics going around on Facebook of bunnies died bright colours and it’s so sad. They just look so miserable. Why would they ever decide that this is okay? What does it benefit?

Hammie is cute, Mike! I love hamsters. I had hamsters my whole childhood and they were my babies. One of them lived to be over 4 years which is just crazy. The other day I spotted the show “Once upon a Hamster” on Netflix. I used to love that show as a kid and I have to admit, I’ve watched several episodes the past few days. It’s just so adorable. There’s a bunny on it too.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Mike, such a cute little hamster! I always had gerbils, no hamsters, but she sure is cute.

LPT, not that I’m defending it, but the reason they want to allow dying is for show dogs. People who show in confirmation across the country will use artificial products to get their dogs’ coats bright white on the day of the show and they’re complaining that they can’t do that if they live in Florida. I can see their point, since it’s harder for them to be competitive, and it certainly doesn’t hurt the dogs in question, but it causes so many other issues for chicks, bunnies, etc.

• peppypoo
      Participant

I understand the deal with dyeing dogs for shows and stuff, and do agree that it can be done professionally. But I can’t help but to think that the whole dog-dyeing excuse is a front anyways…is it really that hard to change to wording on the bill to allow dog dyeing and not easter bunny/chick dyeing? Seems to me like something as simple as specifying for the ban to be on dyed animal SALES would do the trick and make everyone happy. I’ve actually seen dyed bunnies on craigslist before – sickening .

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

I would like to write the governor of Florida and list to him all the chemicals contained in hair color/dye and ask him if he’d like to ingest some daily! Problem is, how the heck do you get a governor’s email? Or maybe I should send him a tube of my pink and ask him when he’d like his hair colored. He’ll probably say never and I’d tell him that’s exactly how these animals feel too.

And call me dumb, but if this was really about florida show dogs having a disadvantage in the competition, but wouldn’t all dogs competing in FL not be able to use dyes? And say they went to national competitions, if it wasn’t held in FL, wouldn’t they then be able to use the dye since they are in another state that it wouldn’t be illegal in? This all just sounds like hoo-ey!

• LittlePuffyTail

I agree, FrankieFlash, you should do that! It’s much worse to dye a bunny than a dog because bunnies groom themselves. Imagine how awful that is for their health.

Bunnies are exploited enough and impulse bought as it is, they don’t need people making it worse for them by dying them pretty colours. What little girl wouldn’t want a pink bunny rabbit? It’s too bad that parents can’t understand the difference between an animal and a toy.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Peppy, I completely agree that there are so many ways they could phrase this law to not apply to bunnies or to the sale of dyed animals.

Frankie, I also thought that was a weird excuse – if Florida people went out of state they could just dye their dogs in the competition. If people came there for a show, they would just dye their dog before they left home (unless the ban is on having dyed animals at all). I dunno, it just doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to work around.

• LBJ10

Hamsies!!!!! =D

Yeah, so apparently whoever owned my car before me had little kids. My husband bought some speakers for my car because they are all blown out (Nissan apparently had crappy factory speakers). He was getting ready to start putting the back ones in, so he took out the bottom cushion of the back seat. There is no space underneath the back seat, the foam is bolted directly to this metal hump that comes up from the bottom of the car. What he found squished between the foam and the metal base was insane.
      Key clip
      Metal butterfly clip
      Melted crayons
      Pens
      Travel pack of dental floss (like what you get from the dentist)
      Battery (that had apparently exploded)
      Tons and tons of coins
      Lollipop sticks
      Toothpicks

I’m thinking some little kids were stuffing stuff into the holes where the seat belts pull through from underneath the seats. o_O

• Elrohwen
      Participant

ROFL That’s a great story, especially thinking about how all of that random stuff was riding around the back of your car for so long and you never would’ve found it except for the speakers.

• MimzMum
      Participant

My favorite hamster show was Hamtaro. I wish they still showed it on cable. I’d drive the kids crazy doing the dance from the closing theme. Lol…
      Mike, I did mean to say how adorable Hammie is…row that twisty slide looks scary though! 0_o

I don’t think it’s right to dye any animal. We have a dog wash up here that does it and their commercials make my daughter and I ill.

How do I write to this clueless governor? I’ve got a few choice words too.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Posted By FrankieFlash on 03/09/2012 09:31 AM
      I would like to write the governor of Florida and list to him all the chemicals contained in hair color/dye and ask him if he’d like to ingest some daily! Problem is, how the heck do you get a governor’s email? Or maybe I should send him a tube of my pink and ask him when he’d like his hair colored. He’ll probably say never and I’d tell him that’s exactly how these animals feel too.

And call me dumb, but if this was really about florida show dogs having a disadvantage in the competition, but wouldn’t all dogs competing in FL not be able to use dyes? And say they went to national competitions, if it wasn’t held in FL, wouldn’t they then be able to use the dye since they are in another state that it wouldn’t be illegal in? This all just sounds like hoo-ey!

Here you go!

http://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Tomorrow is my Dad’s birthday. He will be 56 After we get off work, we are going to the gym, and to a buffet That sounds so counter productive, haha. He said he wants to go to a buffet, so, we will go, and I will pay I also got him a tub of protein powder that i still need to wrap. Let’s see if the diva will assist me on that one..

I still haven’t found out if I qualify for the program yet. The case manager had to find some inconsistencies for me to get in.. she said that my work history is very stable, so she made a gap of employment. she said any way to get me into the program. She gets as many people as she can into the program, even if that means a few extra people.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Happy birthday to your dad

We just got home from shopping got a new 37″ HDTV (was on sale floor model, so 5% off the sale price, woohoo!) and headphones. Saw an ADORABLE budgie at petco that was picking everything up with his foot and my boyfriend offered to buy him for me but I had to be strong and decline cause I don’t agree with pet mills I sooooo wanted him though, he was adorable and purple and so hyper.

• MimzMum
      Participant

Happy Birthday to your Dad! Is Chacha going to allow him special snuggles or to dote on her with extra treats for her gift to him?
      Good luck with your program. Been meaning to comment on it. And thanks for the governor’s site, I’ll try to compose myself before I compose my protest.

Peppypoo, thanks for your PM. I’m afraid I still can’t send messages here, I even tried a different browser but it just doesn’t recognize my mobile. I understand and of course I would always run everything by my vet, I was just wondering about things I should watch for.

• LBJ10

Speaking of TVs, my in-laws are mad because the pixels are “stuck” on their LCD TV. There is a huge vertical stripe that covers about a third of the picture. They bought the TV 2.5 years ago. The warranty has expired. That sucks. I guess I know not to buy a Mitsubishi TV. =\

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

Thank you chacha. I wrote him just now. I don’t have my color to send them the ingredients though at my place (they’re at my parents) so I went the high road. I honestly think its less about whats in the letter more about the number of letter. The Kony video I watched yesterday which is about a different issue had a politician who said, if we get 25 or more letters about an issue it becomes something on his radar or some sort of important list that I can’t think of the name on.

Happy Birthday to your dad! I know what you mean about the gym thing. The bf and I got our butts finally there but I feel like we counteracted it with the amount of pop we’ve had to drink to keep ourselves moving afterwards.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

thanks guys! I picked chacha up this morning, and ‘made’ her hold his card in her paws. she wasn’t too happy about it, but grandpa feeds her morning pellets on a daily basis i joked with her saying “you should come with us to the buffet tonight!” i think i’m going to give her some extra veggies for the celebration

no problem frankie flash! i hope the governor sees that his entire email inbox is flooded with animal advocates

• longhairmike
      Participant

i have 35 days to take care of 2011 taxes… i just installed the H&R bock software and my dad emailed me the fire from 2010 so i can import the final numbers… ack this is gonna suck…

• MimzMum
      Participant

Oh yay! I don’t feel so bad now, I’m not the only one still dealing with taxes! Well what I mean to say is, I sympathize with you. I haven’t even found a CPA to take care of them yet.
      I have NO mind to do them myself. My math and logic skills are dead. Plus they have to be filed using California tax law, of which I know nothing.

I’m so stressed. Mimzy has snotty nose again and of course it didn’t show up till almost two weeks AFTER his last vet visit. I think the whole trip stressed him and brought out his pasturella. Hubby keeps trying to convince me it’s the cats’ fur. (eyeroll)

I hate this time of year.

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

Thanks LBJ10, Elrohwen, and LPT! FrankieFlash, the name is sticking

Here’s a cute (at least I think so) video of Strauss eating a peppermint, I didn’t think much of chestnuts too much before but now I see that they are pretty lol.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Aww, I want a horse lol he’s so pretty!

There is some family drama going down so I am in hiding from them. One of my family members said something really thoughtless to another about a past trauma (assault) and I just know it’s going to blow up. Don’t want to be pulled into it!

Mimz, I hope mimzy doesn’t get too sick. (((VIBES)))

• LBJ10

He’s so dainty! Hehe!

So I’m starting to think I’m going to be driving around without a backseat for awhile. My husband just keeps messing with stuff in there. =\

• LBJ10

I just realized how smart Wooly is. He was grooming Leopold and decided to clean Leopold’s ear. Wooly pushed his nose under Leopold’s ear and then nudged it up with his nose. Then he started cleaning the underside and the entrance to the ear canal. It was so adorable! Wooly has tiny little uppy ears so it’s funny that he understands Leopold’s big floppy ears need to be cared for differently. ^_^

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Something funny happened with Chacha bun today! I got off work at 4:45, and I went home. My dad and I were getting ready to go to the gym, and I realized that I was starving. I pulled out an Oikos Greek Yogurt in Key Lime pie (WHICH IS DELISH, and SO filling!) and sat next to the diva. I popped open the lid, and began eating. I noticed that her nose was twitching like crazy. I held up the spoon and she came running at it (and the spoon almost hit her head haha). She does not like eating human foods, but she seems to think it is fun to smell new things. She sniffed the spoon and ran off, footflicking. So I went into my room to grab a craisin, and she is content :p

My dad and I went to Target after his birthday dinner. I found him in the snack section, looking at dried fruit. He was contemplating what dried fruit he should get for Chacha! AHAHAH, it was the most hilarous moment ever! He said,”Would she like pears? Apples? Strawberries, or Bananas?” He settled on the strawberries. He is going to give her one piece of strawberry with her morning breakfast pellets! I told him only one piece of berry a day She has a bit of winter fat, which is normal.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Haha Chacha has your dad wrapped around her little paw.

Powder peed on me again o.O he’s used to getting up at 5am with the boyfriend when he goes to work, he’ll jump down the foot of the bed by where the bf has the blankets and stuff and go to the litter box then, but boyfriend is off today, so I think he couldn’t get down where he is used to it (even though he could have gone off the right side of the bed…) and so he peed on my back. *sigh* Dummy head. Had to get up at 6am, after four hours of sleep to wash my sheets and shirt. lol

• LittlePuffyTail

Did you all remember to set your clocks ahead last night? I feel so messed up the day after the clock change.

• longhairmike
      Participant

here a really good picture inside TTAS:

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

Hahah thanks LBJ10 and Stickerbunny

LPT: Yup! I actually slept from 7 p.m. to 9:30 a.m. yesterday. Wew.

Mike: It looks like those bunnies have a nice set up!

• LBJ10

ChaCha – That sounds just like my kitty! I would be eating something and he would always come to see what it was. He’d try to get to it or simply just sit there and stare at me. Then I would show whatever it was to him and 99% of the time it was something he didn’t want. So after all that fuss, he’d turn his nose up and walk away. I finally just learned to let him sniff it right away so he would leave me alone.

Holy cow Mike! I’ve never seen so many bunnies! I’m always so shocked to see all the bunnies in shelters and rescues on here. This many bunnies up for adoption is just unheard of around here. The most I’ve ever seen at the humane society at one time was maybe 3 or 4.

• LittlePuffyTail

It’s sad that the bunnies in the pic are all REWs. Looks like a great shelter though. I love how colourful it is.

• LBJ10

I love this shirt! 

• longhairmike
      Participant

Posted By LittlePuffyTail on 03/12/2012 04:49 AM
      It’s sad that the bunnies in the pic are all REWs. Looks like a great shelter though. I love how colourful it is.

no theyre not,, that just happens to be apollo, snowball, and snowblaze on the left,, peyton in bottom right in a california giant and he’s got orange spots.. and checkers in the back room on the right is black/white, that pic is only the middle section of the front room, they really only have about 10 (out of almost 90) that are white with red eyes. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=132488223429701

the individual pens are along the walls sor single/double buns,, then they rotate them into the dozen double/triple pens for playtime for several hours each day. the couple that runs TT also has 1/4 of the warehouse for their income-generating-job, o theyre never far from the buns

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Huh, I swear I posted yesterday … maybe I never hit submit?

Anyway, bunnyfriend, your new boy is absolutely gorgeous! I love his darker coloring and his head is to die for.

This weekend kind of sucked with people calling me and freaking out about work stuff. That’s manufacturing though – always some emergency.

We have a strange bunny living on our property. DH was taking apart an old chicken coop on the edge of our field and a huge rabbit darted right out at him. I’ve seen this bun before, but only from the back as he ran away from me. When I saw him I swore he was much bigger than a standard cottontail, but I thought maybe it was my imagination. DH saw him much more closely and said he’s definitely huge – like Hannah size (she’s 5.5lbs). Cottontails are generally 2-3lbs, and we’ve both seen enough of those in our life, so we’re wondering what this guy could be. Do hares exist in the north east? I’m thinking maybe giant mutant cottontail (maybe he’s got a really good supply of food?) or a domestic bunny who just has wild coloring. He doesn’t act at all domesticated though and runs off like a shot as soon as we see him (and we rarely see him). I know if my domestic bunnies were living in the wild they’d be too stupid to run off and would probably just sit there and watch us. lol Thoughts? I’m going to have to do some cottontail research to see if they get any bigger than the norm.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Mike, that place is gorgeous! I wish our rescue was that happy and fun (it’s in a converted one-car garage, so much more claustrophobic!)

ChaCha, mine do that too. They always want to know what I’m eating, but as soon as I let them smell it they act like I’m trying to poison them. lol Well, except the time I let Otto sniff my bowl of cornflakes and he snatched one! I can understand the cornflakes, but I would’ve thought the milk smell would be a big turnoff for him.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

The wild buns can get the size of a domestic, but are usually a lot leaner and less thick. With winter on though, they will have a little winter fat still to make them look larger. Domestics can act wild as well, a loving house bun trusts humans but an outside hutch bun doesn’t and will bolt like a wild if let free. See if you can get a picture of him and you could ask at your local wildlife rehab. They can tell you if it is a wild or domestic.

• LBJ10

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I’m hoping they won’t dismiss me again. Even if there isn’t much they can do, I would at least like some acknowledgement that I’m not crazy. =\

Elrohwen – I saw a gigantic wild bunny one time. I thought it was a lawn ornament at first and then it moved. I definitely took a second glance at it. At first I couldn’t believe it was a wild rabbit.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

This apartment complex is driving my dad and I nuts. The complex got rid of trash cans (those big ones that everyone can put stuff in) and instead gave every resident a 13 gallon trash bin to dispose of their trash. A valet service comes by to pick up the trash. My dad looked at the monthly bill, and it looks like the damn complex not just charges for trash service, but also for the valet service. WTF, it is the SAME THING. One company picks up the trash. WHY are we being charged twice for the same thing. It says: Trash service 13.00, Valet Trash Service 25.00.

The reason why we have this stupid trash service is due to teh morons dropping off random stuff in the big trash bins. Furniture and other crap. People that don’t even live in the complex dropped their crap off in the apartment trash bins!!

Yeah, great. People’s wages go down, everything goes up. This is not what my dad and I need right now. He is going to give the apartment complex a call tomorrow.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Interesting that cottontails can be so much bigger than “normal”. I doubt I’ll be able to get a picture of him since we’re hardly seen him, but I’ll try. At least we know where he lives now, but the spot is far enough from the house that I don’t think I could see him without going back there (and I go back there most days and have only seen him once). He’s good at hiding at least! He must be with all of the coyotes we have around here.

I just looked up cottontails and Wikipedia says they can get up to 4lbs, but females can be heavier. The addition of a winter coat probably adds some bulk too.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Powder gave me a nice, deep, purple bruise on my foot. My feet were in his way last night and he didn’t like it, so he chomped me pretty hard through the blanket, if the blanket hadn’t been there he would have probably drawn blood. Meanie. :S Then today I went to go play with Stickers and she was biting my legs through my pants. Gah. I feel like a chew toy.

Oh good news though, my mother offered us a free like 1980 something I-roc Z camaro… gonna see if boyfriend wants it, I don’t like sports cars, but I know he does.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Ugh, work sucks. Sometimes I hate discovering problems because that I feel stupid that I didn’t discover them before (or possibly caused them). I guess I should just celebrate that I finally found out why we’re getting different results where we should get the same.

Also, are the mosquitoes super bad where everybody else is? It’s been so warm here that they’re already taking over. I was sitting out on the porch in full clothes (pants, sweater, etc) but no socks and flipflops and I have about 4 bites already. Gah. I hope we get one one more good freeze before summer to kill some of them off. Our property is pretty wet in places, so I’m sure they’re breeding like crazy. Anybody have suggestions other than bug spray? DH mentioned planting trees around our patio that are supposed to deter mosquitoes (not sure what those would be)

• peppypoo
      Participant

There are plants that deter mosquitos? Please tell me where I can get them!! I’m prime mosquito bait, and always the one that gets bitten the most when I’m with a group of people lol. It’s just starting to warm up here (70s-80s) and so we should be see our first mosquitos in a couple of months…nooooo.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Citronella Oil
      Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
      Cinnamon Oil
      Castor Oil
      Rosemary Oil
      Lemongrass Oil
      Cedar Oil
      Peppermint Oil
      Clove Oil
      Geranium Oil

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/plants-that-repel-mosquitoes.html

Also, remove any and all standing water sources – water catchers for plants, rain barrels should be covered, etc. That is their breeding ground, so being around standing water will make mosquito problems worse. Eating a lot of sugary foods also makes you more tempting to a mosquito

• longhairmike
      Participant

we dont have mosquitoes here (its only rained once in the past 3 months), but i rode thru a colony of Master Blister-beetles the other day on the mountain.
      loud, buzzy, flying bastards.. i didnt know what they were until i cane home and googled it. at the time i was terrified they were tarantula wasps.

• MimzMum
      Participant

Urgh … mozzies? Already? NOOOOOOOOO! After this late winter dump of snow we got I can imagine the kamikaze mosquitoes will be abundant this year.
      Do you guys have the Mosquito Magnet down there?

• LBJ10

I’ve seen butterflies already. Horseflies. Spiders. That’s about it so far.

• Huckleberry
      Participant

Elrohwen! YES!!! Oklahoma is getting them already, and they are beasts!!! I have already seen 2 at the art annex and they were both around nickel size (including legs). I got to do the classic “smack myself in the face” trying to kill one. I got the @#$#$ though!
      Today was a great day! I FINALLY got the hang of making pots on the pottery wheel. I have been working on it for days. One of my classmates noticed that I had my hands in the wrong position when pulling the walls up. I switched them and BAM! I whipped out six 9″ tall vases in about an hour and half!!! It was a huge improvement since I had managed to have nothing worth keeping previously. In addition to that, I came home to 3… yes THREE… boxes of girl scout cookies.
      On another happy note, I get to sleep for more than 3 hours tonight!!! It’s going to be glorious.

• LBJ10

Are they mosquitoes? Crane flies look like giant mosquitoes, sometimes people see them and freak out. Crane flies don’t bite though.

• LBJ10

Okay, I am seriously never selling anything on ebay ever again. I tried to print out shipping labels and the stupid things come out 2″x3″. I have no clue why it is doing that. I’ve printed labels before and they would be like 1/3 of a page in size. There isn’t any way to size it, I tried everything. I finally gave up and voided the labels. I have to wait 2 weeks to get the money refunded from USPS. Not happy.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Today, I went to the Orientation at the Community College. There was a lot of people, as this is the last Orientation. However, the paperwork deadline is in 2 days. Mine was turned in last week, I did the COMPASS test late last year and my scores are above what is required for the special program.

The committee will be choosing the 22+ students starting March 15-16th. I was told that I would be notified if I get into the program or not.

At the end of the session, the caseworker said that she will be giving me a call soon… I do not feel nervous at all, in fact, I feel pretty confident about it. Some of the students seemed more concerned about ‘How much’ the profession paid, rather than wanting to help people, or ask what the medical assistant profession does.

A lot of the students that graduate from this community college tend to get jobs, from what the health care coordinator said. I heard the same from some health care customers that I have. So, this means that this is a good program. I hope that I am accepted! I will be doing a lot of homework, so I might be on here less

• Huckleberry
      Participant

Chacha!!! YEAH! I haven’t really talked to you in a while because I have been so insanely busy. Congratulations! I am so happy that you are working towards your goals and getting so close to having everything you wanted! I am sure your Dad is so proud of you!!! I can just imagine him beaming haha. I hope you get into the program.
      Give little miss Diva a snuggle for me 😀

LBJ, I am not sure, actually…. You might be right, they are more brown than the usual black and white color. I hope that is the case, it’s already shaping up to be the hottest summer ever, we do not need GodzillaSkeeters dive bombing us, too!!!!

• LBJ10

Huckleberry – The crane flies around here tend to look more brown. I see them all the time in the summer. Since the weather has been insanely nice, they may be coming out sooner (just like all the other bugs). If it was that big, I’m betting that is what it was. =)

ChaCha – That’s great! You know, I think the whole “how much do it pay” thing might come from all those commercials on TV. Even if this program isn’t the one doing the advertising, there are bound to be people who see ads on TV about being a medical assistant and making more money and then stumbling across this program. I wouldn’t let it bother you though. You want to do it because you want to help people and feel good about doing so. That is what’s important and I’m sure the case worker knows you’re a more promising candidate because of it.

• longhairmike
      Participant

its probably your browser setting:

FILE >> PRINT PREVIEW>> SCALE >> set it  SHRINK TO FIT

• LBJ10

Mike – I thought of that. The option wasn’t there. The label appears in some flash thing or something. It wouldn’t let me adjust the size or anything. They changed the label thing on ebay and now it’s all screwy. I never had a problem with printing labels before. =\

• LittlePuffyTail

That beetle is super gross looking! Those blister beetles are extremely deadly to horses. Apparently, 1 of them hidden inside a bale of hay can kill a full sized horse if it’s eaten.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

LBJ, definitely mosquitoes! I went out for the first time without socks last night and got 4 bites in a matter of minutes. I’m usually not the first person they go for either, so they’re I guess they’re extra hungry right now. I know what you mean about the crane flies though – I haven’t seen any yet, but we had a lot last summer. They kept sneaking into the house somehow which was really annoying.

Sticker, unfortunately there’s no way to get rid of the standing water. Our house is on a bit of a hill, and the woods drop off into a low lying area that has some standing water at all times. We want to try grading some of it so it flows into the existing creek instead of sitting around, but there will always be some. There are other areas near our property that have way more standing water, so it’s like mosquito central. We got out the citronella candles last night, but they never seem to do anything – it’s bug spray or bust I guess. I do have a nice natural bug spray made with many of the things mentioned, and it works pretty well. Once it stops working, I move onto the DEET stuff.

ChaCha, good luck! We’re all cheering for you to get in.

• Huckleberry
      Participant

AGH!!!! So I was wrong about getting any sleep last night. I fell asleep at 9, woke up at 10:30… was awake working on sketches until 2. At 4 am, my neighbors started pounding up and down the metal stairs, slamming the door and screaming. About 30 min of this ended with a girl outside yelling “somebody help me!” and knocking on all the doors. I went out and took her to the hospital. Her bf had beat her up. I ended up sleeping through class. I need to move!!!!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Eek. Hopefully charges got pressed against the boyfriend.

Elroh, ah Hrm. Well, the plants in the list are supposed to help keep them at bay some.

Good luck getting into the program Chacha

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Thank you all

Oh my gosh Huckles.. O_O

• longhairmike
      Participant

i saw the first scorpion of spring,, fished his dead floating ass from the pool,, not far from him was a dead floating cricket.
      someone should have waited 30 minutes after eating…

• LBJ10

I was making spaghetti tonight and somehow blew the fuse that the oven was on. Huh. Never had that happen before.

• longhairmike
      Participant

i finally opened the goproHD cam my brother got me for xmas…

i probably shouldnt have waited till 5:30 to leave the house

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

On Friday, I will be seeing ‘Bunnies in Baskets’ in action. One of my customers that I have grown to know is a member of Bunnies in Baskets, is one of the Tacoma Humane Society volunteers, and is a foster parent for bunnies. We are going to the local senior center with her bunny, Philo. I have never seen therapy bunnies in action, but I would like to do that one day. So, this will be my chance to observe how everything is done!

• LittlePuffyTail

exciting, Chacha! I would love to be a part of that program.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Mike, you must be hosting the swimming competition in the bug olympics. Looks like team Scorpion and team Cricket aren’t doing so well.

Sticker, we’ll stop by the nursery and see if we can find any of those. Something small in a pot that we can move around might be a good idea.

• Huckleberry
      Participant

ChaCha and LPT, that program sounds like a lot of fun. I do not know much about it, so forgive me, but does it not stress the bunnies to go places and have others handling them?

Mike! Scorpions in the pool!!!!? I can hardly handle wolf spiders, I do not know how you do it.

Well, only four more hours of this hectic week!!!! Who has 2 thumbs and wants to crack open a bottle of bubbly? THIS GIRL!!!!
      Oh, last night I was drinking a bottle (I guess it’s a bottle.. juice box?) of coconut water with pineapple. Some bunny went nunts!!!! I poured a couple drops out for her and she lapped it up. I took it with me to drink while relaxing in a bubble bath and she actually followed me in there (bathroom is the toe trimming zone!) to get some more. Goofy bunnies!!!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Huckle, they pick the most laid back, social bunnies and train/socialize them to be therapy animals. It is rare, but some buns do enjoy lots of strangers attentions. They do the same with birds, ponies, cats, any animal actually. Our local shelter takes the most social, laid back buns they have and works with them then takes them out to schools and hospitals to up bunny awareness and as therapy to the people. The buns don’t mind, though mine for sure would not want to be therapy buns! They hate strangers. lol

And yes buns will freak out for juice. Boyfriend made the mistake of trying to drink one of his fruit smoothies on the floor… he had Powder climbing his legs/arms trying to get to the bottle. haha They are so funny when they smell fruit.

• MimzMum
      Participant

Oookay…if folks are going to start posting HYOOGE fugly bugly pix then I’m not coming into this thread! (Shoots stinkeye at Mike)
      And do I even want to know what a tarantula wasp is? No. I’m pretty sure I don’t.

Ebon has found two piles of old dog kibble in the backyard in as many months. Of course she EATS it. No idea if it’s vole hoard or our nasty neighbors trying to poison our pets.

Not that they’d need any help with Ebon … she ate a piece of linoleum today. >_<

I just want to jump off a bridge some days. The tension and worry in my house is palatable.

But hey, good to hear everyone else is doing well. Chacha, your news is great! I envy you, I always wanted to work in medicine but just didn’t have the intestinal fortitude for the job. Good luck to you!

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

Ok so we have lots of tornado warnings in my area. Usually I’m calm about this stuff but I’m in a new place and we do have a basement thank god but I’m concerned with the Bun. So I’m on high alert and my plan is if they spot a tornado, we go down and build a pen out of boxes (I’m out of grids apparently :/) Wish me luck!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Keep the carrier at the ready in case you need to grab up the bun and keep an emergency kit handy (food, water, flashlight, any meds you have for bun, etc).

• longhairmike
      Participant

k.. i shunk it… and 2 more from today,, this makes 4 days in a row ive gone riding…

• Huckleberry
      Participant

OH NO FRANKIE!!! I hope you guys will be okay! Do you have a carrier? The hard body carriers are designed to withstand a great deal of force to protect your pets. It won’t be easy to hold on to him in that kind of chaos. Keepin’ all paws crossed for you!

• FrankieFlash
      Participant

Okay. We’re alright. I do have a hard carrier. And we did have to go to the basement. Luckily the storm calmed down as it went over are area but the area surrounding us got hit with tornados. So far no deaths, some injuries though. I feel lucky it missed my part of town completely and we didn’t even lose power. Once in the basement I made a small pen area so bunjamin could munch hay and use litter box but I kept his carrier nearby in case the weather got worse. He won’t go to the bathroom in the carrier and seeing as how I didn’t know how long we’d be down there I thought it would be better for him to be out of it. But thanks everyone for advice. I always keep his carrier lined with blanket and hay (easy when the bun doesn’t go the bathroom in it )

• LBJ10

I was looking at the dog’s rear and saw something moving. It was a flea! Agh! I gave her a bath with flea shampoo and nothing came off of her. They always say that if you see one, there are tons more. But nothing. The weather has been so nice out, so I guess they are starting to come out too. *sigh*

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Some people on the Women’s Health page on facebook are so stupid. They are talking about body fat and one person keeps on saying that a 10% body fat is good for a women. Are you serious? THAT is a deadly percentage. I do not know where people learn such things. I’m not even a nutrition expert, and I know that is a horribly small amount of body fat.. we all need some fat on our body Hmpth! So I linked the morons to the CDC site about bodyfat, hahah. That is FACT, not crap.

I need a drink now.

• LBJ10

ChaCha – Yes, 10% is news to me.

Huh. Oxbow is hiring camp councilors. Interesting.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

LBJ, in my experience, one flea doesn’t necessarily mean tons more. We didn’t treat for fleas because our dogs weren’t around other dogs much and didn’t usually get them just by being outside. One of the dogs was allergic to them though, so he’d get one and start chewing on his paws and stuff. As soon as we saw him itching we’d search him for fleas and we never found more than one or two at a time. I think it’s possible for them to pick up just one or two without having a ton.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

LBJ, as long as you find them before they lay, you can just find one if he picked it up outside. Brush your dogs fur against the way it grows so you can see the skin (with your hand) and if you notice small, black dirt like substances on his skin (usually around the tail/shoulders are the most), there will be a flea problem. Otherwise, you likely got it and if you used a flea bath, you would have killed any eggs on him. Just be sure to vacuum and spray down any fabric in the house, to be sure it didn’t lay IN the house. Our dogs were always treated for fleas, but our neighbors NEVER treated for fleas so every time our dogs went outside, they were exposed to fleas from the neighbors yard. My poor baby is allergic too so I checked her all the time for flea droppings (the black stuff I mentioned) to make sure she didn’t have any, or she’d break out in scabby sores all over her body.

• LBJ10

I think we’re okay. There weren’t any abandoning ship when I used the flea shampoo, so it may have just been the one. I got that one before I gave her the bath, it got flushed down the toilet. Stupid fleas. I guess it’s about time for the flea stuff. I’ll have to see if we have some. You’re supposed to wait a few days after giving them a bath to put it on anyway.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

We’re planning to get a dog this summer and I’m really not looking forward to the fleas and ticks! Our tick population is out of control and I just know the dog will be bringing them in all the time.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Elroh, where we lived there were a lot of ticks/fleas as well, but with keeping the dogs treated, we hardly ever saw one. You can also treat your yard with a spray you attach to the hose for fleas/ticks and it helps a lot.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

So the dog doesn’t bring in dead ticks? Growing up we never had ticks around (not sure how, since the deer were everywhere) so I never dealt with it. I was under the impression that dogs who are treated will still get ticks occasionally and bring them in, but the ticks will be dead. If you’re telling me they won’t bring in ticks at all, that’s fantastic! I really wasn’t looking forward to finding dead ticks around the house. lol

We could treat the yard for ticks, but with 9 acres the dog will be running around in brush a lot and it’ll be impossible to spray everything. Our friends actually hired someone to spray their yard and they had a year long guarantee so you got your money back if you found a tick. I’d love to do that, but I think it would be way to expensive with 9 acres (they only had 1, and it was flat and grassy, not woods). Definitely something to consider though because I freak out every time I pick up a tick out there (DH gets them constantly).

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Cold sores sucks.

I can’t smile without the cold sore hurting.

After taking 2 bites into my lunch, I already have the hiccups. Ah.. how annoying!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

A lot of the treatments are designed to stop the tick biting in, so it doesn’t latch on to the dog, nothing to bring in. We only had one tick in the 10? years I was there and it was a mutant, none of the stuff to get rid of it worked and it was hard to get out of our dogs ear. The fleas are a neurotoxin and you find dead fleas occasionally. My mother is on 5 acres and it wasn’t that expensive to treat, at hardware stores they sell these giant bottles of flea/tick control you connect to your garden hose and it has a sprayer on it, you just take the garden hose around and treat the yard. Think it was like $20 a bottle and two bottles did our entire yard, once a year in summer my mother would do it. For the areas the hose wouldn’t reach, she got a pump bottle sprayer. And yes ticks are so gross, when we went hiking we would all come back coated in ticks no matter how much bug spray we put on.

Chacha, if you have a cold sore, try to lower the intake of Arginine in your diet until it goes away and increase the intake of Lysine. Both are amino acids, Arginine feeds the virus (which is what causes the sores) and Lysine will suppress it. Arginine can be found in high carb/wheat based products, gelatin, nuts and chocolates. Lysine is found in cheese, milk, beans and vegetables. Can also get Lysine supplements from health food stores.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Thanks Sticker ;D

I usually get cold sores once a year. Once the virus is in my system, it stays dormant in my body. Yack! I did read that some people do get cold sores 5+ times a year o_O

My diva has been pooping out of her litter box in my bedroom! She has a hay basket on a blanket. She eats, and poops in place. I don’t know whats going on, but its funny. When I wake up, I usually see her start pooping in her litter box. Is Chacha leaving spite poos for me?

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Haha Powder will leave a few poops on his rug outside his litter box for me over night, then as soon as I wake up he jumps in the litter box to go like “What? I’m being good, see?” I think they do it on purpose.

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

Haha, glad I’m not the only one I don’t mind picking up the poos, in fact, I think it is funny how they rebel against the hoomins.

• longhairmike
      Participant

usako likes to leave a sufficient layer of poops on her condo floor to serve as ball bearings to assist her when she decides to slide into a laying down position. at her age she just doesnt want to do the high-impact full-on flops anymore

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

I got to meet 3 different rabbits today. One is a therapy/companion rabbit. He is a chinchilla rex named Philo. The other 2 rabbits are a bonded pair of female siblings. One is black with a white stripe down her head (her name is Comet), and the other is a harlequin named Nebula. Both are mix lop/??? rabbits. I’ll be posting photos shortly  I met them for fun, I am not looking for a companion for Chacha until I am out on my own.

Seeing the rabbits made me love Chacha even more. Chacha is so unique and bossy, and that is why I love her so much

• LBJ10

I think the buns are hot. It’s been getting to 80 degrees the last few days. Holy cow! Spring doesn’t even start until next week.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

My tablet for some reason won’t let me make a new thread :s boyfriend was eating cookies chocolate/mint and Powder attacked him, boyfriend said he got a small bite into his mouth. What symptoms should I be looking for? Just the normal droppings change? Boyfriend has been scolded for eating chocolate within bunny reach.

• LittlePuffyTail

I wouldn’t worry too much, Sticker. Bindi once at a whole chocolate chip and was fine. Just keep an eye on him. Give lots of hay for him to work it through.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

Sticker, that’s great news – I really hate ticks! We originally decided no dog on the bed because of the dead flea/tick thing, but if it really won’t be bringing in ticks then we can rethink that. Our hose doesn’t reach very far, but we could definitely try the spray bottle thing and see if we can do some of the main areas. Even it we didn’t get everything, I’d sure feel better about going out there if there were less ticks. Last year we were picking them up well into November – it seemed never ending. Hate ticks! I found one attached to my stomach once and I hadn’t been out there in days (it had been raining, so I never even went outside other than to work for two days). Freaked me out!

• longhairmike
      Participant

i think the main concern with rabbits and chocolate is the sudden heart-rate elevation.
      since buns ALREADY have an extremely fast heart-rate, you don’t want to inadvertently send them into arrest.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Ok, thanks guys – he sleeps with me so I kept checking him all last night lol bad boyfriend :s … he didn’t realize Powder REALLY likes mint about as much as he likes fruit. He’s acting fine, so I guess he didn’t get enough to hurt him.

Elroh, yeah I had a tick on my stomach once after hiking that I didn’t notice for a few days, so it got pretty deep in… *shudder* I hate ticks. Hope the spray works for you as well as it did for us.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

The one I found was pretty deep too, though it wasn’t engorged. At first I thought it was some freckle or mole or something (I have lots of freckles) and it wasn’t until I pulled it off that I realized what it was and totally freaked out.

Tell Powder no more people food! Silly bunnies. Otto ate plastic wrap once … I have no idea why that would be appetizing.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Mine was engorged and stuck in deep, took a lot of painful tweezer pulling with some stuff to make it want to come out … left a nice little mark on my stomach too. I stopped hiking for a while after that lol

I know, silly bunnies eat anything. Powder ate the remote control buttons, tries to eat ice cream wrappers and goes after anything nutty or seeds too. I have to watch him like a hawk. o.O

• LBJ10

Well, today was interesting. I had someone ask if they could borrow my rabbits for Easter because her grandkids were coming to visit for Easter. Um.. yeah.. uh no.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

What? I mean, I get maybe “Can you bring your rabbits over so my kids can see how much responsibility rabbits are for Easter?” or “Can you bring your rabbits over so my grand kids can see a rabbit without getting one of their own” but BORROW your rabbits for their grand kids? How weird people can be!

• Elrohwen
      Participant

LBJ, that’s totally weird. Who borrows someone’s pets? I totally get bringing kids to see rabbits (or dogs, or cats, or whatever) at someone’s house, but asking to borrow them is just strange. Like, my co-worker knows she doesn’t want pets now, but her 2 year old loves animals and she’s asked to bring her over to meet the bunnies because she’d love it. I’m totally ok with that, but it would be so weird if she asked to “borrow” the bunnies for a while.

Last night I was at a March Madness party and one of the girls was telling us how she really wants a pet, but her husband doesn’t. He wasn’t there and she was quoting him as saying that he’d rather get a rabbit at this point than a dog, so I got excited, of course. I told her if she was really interested in buns, she was totally welcome to visit my buns and learn about bunny care (I only know her through other friends, so she hasn’t been to my house and met them). The funny part was when I said, “You want a bunny?! You can have one of mine!” I was totally kidding, of course, but one of my girlfriends looked really concerned and said, “Wouldn’t they really miss each other?!” I’m kidding, people! It’s like when someone says “I want to have kids” and another person says, “Please take mine.” Of course I’d never give Hannah up, even if I joke about it when she’s being a pain, but people always seem to think I’m sort of serious and look shocked. lol I love Hannah, even if she’s a neurotic nutcase sometimes.

I did meet another fellow rabbit lover at work the other day. He works for one of our vendors, but lives out in California, and he’s been in town on and off working on something. I went to lunch with him and some other people one day and he kept telling me about his pair of loppy bunnies. He obviously got them for the kids originally, but then grew to love them. He was showing me pictures on his phone and was so proud of them.

• LBJ10

Well the way I took it, it was like she wanted me to just drop them off at her house for the weekend. I explained to her that they wouldn’t like being in a strange place and really wouldn’t want little hands grabbing them.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

It sounds like she just isn’t very familiar with having a pet and didn’t understand that moving an animal from one house to another, and one owner to another, for a couple of days would be really stressful.

• LBJ10

The weird thing is that she used to have a bunny.

• peppypoo
      Participant

So due to some changes Peppy will be staying at my place for the next couple of months (she usually doesn’t). I just finished moving all her stuff in to my apartment and holy crap she’s hogging all the space! My place is pretty small and I just realized that her pen area is larger than my bed area…lol. Sigh, spoiled bunnies…

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

I was told that the other night, a man was on Wheel of Fortune and he mentioned that he has 3 bunnies Hehe, bunnies are catching on, and becoming more popular with adults.

Chacha is currently playing in my jacket. She is pushing it around. She just periscoped.

Man, my mail person failed to deliver my Time magazine last week I always check the site to see what cover I will be getting (and to see the interesting articles featured on the cover for the coming week) and I failed to receive last weeks. I am very disappointed I just got the current issue in the mail and it is very interesting. I feel like I missed out on a week of current events *sigh*

It is HARD to go to work, when a bunny is basking in the sun and enjoying head pets

I had a regular in my line today, a really sweet, nice couple. They are always so pleasant when they come through my line. We were discussing the program that I may get accepted into. I found out that the wife is a nurse, and she met her husband at one of her old jobs! When she was a nurse at a hospice, she was taking care of her now husband’s mother as she passed. The husband said “My mom planned this! I swear she knew we would get togther!”  It was such a touching story!

• longhairmike
      Participant

omg we’re gonna get rain tonight and tomorrow..
      that’s okay cause i just started my taxes tonite.

• bunnyfriend
      Participant

Well it’s been in the 70’s and 80’s this week in WI. Crazy! I think it’s coming waaaay too soon. I’m all for nice weather, I hate winter, but I think there needs to be a transition period because right now 70’s is making me feel so overheated.

I saw a HUUUUGE flemmy at the humane society during my shift today, he just came yesterday and they suspect he has mites so people aren’t allowed to take him out yet but I was dying to spend some time with that guy. I’ve never seen a flemmy in person before, gah now I want one.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Been 70s and 80s here too, went from snow to the next week warm. I like it, but the bunnies are not fans and neither is my computer ! lol (6 core gaming system, I think I need to add another fan or two o.O)

I’ve never seen a flemmy IRL either, I wanna come visit!

So I was reading this article online about how to be a “good date” (I was bored ) and I have decided I would be a horrible date. It was all make your house spotless (ha…ha..ha… don’t like bunny fur or maybe a few stray poops after I have been out all night? don’t come in!), have good lighting, make sure you and your date agree on decor (mmm, bunny fur and willow sticks make great decorations). And lets not forget the loud screeching welcome I get from my parrot being so excited I am home, would totally ruin the “set the mood” tip. Good thing I am not in the dating world I guess.

• longhairmike
      Participant

this is the first weekend i almost would have rather been back in the midwest.
      near record cold in AZ this weekend. we had our 2nd rain of the year today,, perfect weekend to take care of 2011 taxes though…

• LBJ10

It was just one weird customer after another today. What is up with people?

One lady brought me a pair of earrings she had bought “recently” and one of them had broken. She didn’t have a receipt, so I said she could swap them out for another pair. There wasn’t another pair like them and she didn’t see anything else. I said I could give her store credit for the sale price if she wanted (I was trying to be nice). She said okay. I did the return, issued the credit, and then she tried to stuff the broken pair of earrings back in her purse. Um, no. You have to leave those here, I just gave you credit for them. What the heck? O_o

• peppypoo
      Participant

• LittlePuffyTail

Cute, Peppy!

We broke a heat record yesterday. It was 13C. That’s hot for March. Often in March, we are still having snow storms. Went out for a walk in a T-shirt yesterday. Supposed to be record heat again this week: 18C tomorrow and Wednesday. I like this nice weather but I like enjoying each season. I’m not a heat person and I’m not in any rush for the 35C days we will be getting in July.

Looks like the Easter Bunny will be brown and not white this year.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

bunnyfriend, I agree that’s way too hot. I was wearing shorts, a tshirt, and flip flops all day yesterday and I was sweating from just walking around. I want spring to come back! I’m also worried that summer is going to be extremely hot, and I get uncomfortable above 80.

Anyone else not feel like working today? I need a vacation.

• peppypoo
      Participant

We have a flash thunderstorm/flood warning for my area today, but all I see outside is gorgeous sunny weather. Weird..

Elrohwen – I really don’t feel like working either, but that’s probably because it’s the first day back from spring break for me, lol.

• LBJ10

I just started spring break. I have no money and no where to go, so I am going to try to make some progress on the papers I need to write. What a wonderful way to spend spring break. =\ Oh well. At least maybe this time I won’t be wanting to kill myself toward the end of the semester.

• Elrohwen
      Participant

I wants spring break!!

One of my co-workers just came back from a 3 week trip to Taiwan and China. He’s definitely not feeling it at work today! Every Monday I wish I had taken the day off, but without any plans I’d probably just waste the day off sitting around. Today is actually going by pretty quickly though (usually Mondays drag because I don’t have any meetings).

• LBJ10

LOL, would you like to write my papers too? I can come work your job for you.

• longhairmike
      Participant

‘spring break’, ‘vacation’, ‘day off’ i used to know what those were…
      $*&!, i’d pay someone $2000 a week if they could run our website and pack all orders for a week, and i knew i didnt have to worry about it

• Huckleberry
      Participant

LBJ, I am right there with you! It’s spring break for me… which means doing exactly the same thing I do all week long, just at different times. I still have to work, I have projects in all of my classes to work on. SIGH. Oh well, at least I don’t have to wake up until 11am every day this week 😀

• peppypoo
      Participant

Snapped a few really silly-looking pictures of Peppy enjoying her salad tonight…presenting: The Cilantro Tryptych!

• LoveChaCha
      Participant

LOL THAT FACE!!

Chacha eats Cilantro, but NEVER gets a green face! I don’t get it!

Well……

I’M A STUDENT!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked my e-mail right before I began work this morning. I began to tear up… I’ve waited this long, and now this opportunity for me to succeed is here, and I got accepted! I felt so overwhelmed with happiness. Somehwhere, my Mom is smiling.

I begin prep classes beginning this Wednesday, until next Friday. My first quarter is based online, so I will need training how to turn in assignments, how to do quizzes and tests. I will be asking the first day when assignment due dates are, so I can change my availability at work. I’m crossing my fingers that I get 3 days off a week at work

My first quarter consists of 16 credits. I will be taking Intro to Medical Assisting, Accounting, English 101, and Intro to Medical Terminology.

I can’t wait.

• LittlePuffyTail

Yeah, Spring!!!! Supposed to be 22 C today and sunny! Another record. Gonna take Winnie for a ride outside now that the ice is gone. And tomorrow 25 with a feels like of 30. That’s absolutely unheard of. I can’t really enjoy this weird, warm weather because it freaks me out. It shouldn’t be this hot in March.

I went to see “21 Jump Street” last night. I LOVED it! Great mix of comedy and action. Jonah Hill cracks me up!

• Elrohwen
      Participant

ChaCha, huge congrats!!! That’s really fantastic. I hope you love all of your classes.

Peppypoo, those are great pictures. So much disapproval.

Let’s all switch jobs around! Unfortunately mine takes 6-12 months to get the hang of, so I don’t think anybody would want mine. I’ve been here going on two years and I don’t know what I’m doing a lot of the time. lol

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Congrats Chacha!

Peppy is sooo cute in those pics

I don’t have a job atm, i’ll switch with anyone for a paycheck haha

Viewing 216 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE March Chit Chat