Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Made vet appointment for Martin

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • mattman0182
      Participant
      57 posts Send Private Message

But the soonest I could do it is Monday at 245. And the vet is 35 minutes away, not 20. This brings to mind anoter question. Whats the best way to transport the bun? When I bought him they gave me a box for the ride home. My gf wont be able to some with me so I wont be able to hold him as I am driving.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

My suggestion is get a top opening carrier for your bun.  They are a little expensive, but you will find that for visits to the vet, groomers, etc. it is really handy to have a carrier.  I like the hard sided ones that can be strapped into a car with a seatbelt, but some people like the softsided ones that can be carried like a shoulder bag.  Here is the one that I have, it is from petmate.  it opens from the top, which is great for gettig a scared bun out of the carrier at the vet.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

I absolutely agree with Osprey – a top loading carrier is the way to go. Getting a bunny out of the other kind that only has a door in front can be a real pain and I think it makes it more stressful on the bun.

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

Those are the ones I have too and i highly recommend them! You need to look in the cat section at the petstores for this – I know Petsmart carries this.

You will find the top opening so much easier to get buns in and out of. And it’s strong and durable and just all around a great carrier. They come in medium and large – Depending on the full-grown size of the bun well help you determine which size to get.

• apanda
              Participant
              139 posts Send Private Message

I have that one too! I love it because not only is it easier to get Truffles in and out, it is easier to pet and comfort him by opening the top door. If I were to open the side one he would just bolt.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

i agree with that suggestion.  the plastic can be washed very easily in case of accidents.

• JK
                  Participant
                  2223 posts Send Private Message

Yes that’s a good one.  I have one for my cat.  BUT if you don’t want to spend the money the cardboard one is fine.  I actually use that for Edson and just put a clean towel in the bottom.

• kimberleyanddarren
                    Participant
                    2520 posts Send Private Message

yes i intend to get one of those from the pet store for hopscotchs neuter.
                      I have one but its from when i was like 6 and it is a barbie one that you use to put stuffed bears in to take them to the ‘vet’ lol i have been using that to carry hopscotch to my moms and nans and stuff for visits and he gets on fine with it.. the only problem is half is red with pawprints on and the other half white so it doesnt look very professional but it does the job and as he is quite a small bun its the perfect size.. i am wondering if i should bother spending the £30 on a new one just because it will be black and look professional when i have a perfectly good one just because its red and white with paw prints lol hm..

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

I also use a hard cat carrier for bunny transport. I like to line the bottom thick with hay.

I agree with everyone though, a top loader is the way to go. Once I took my little black lop to the vet and they had to unscrew the whole cage to take it apart to get her out as she was growling and attacking the vet!!!

• skunklionshow
                        Participant
                        1257 posts Send Private Message

I have several carriers for both the cats and rabbits.  I have a small mammal one that looks like a picnic basket.  Its a top loader w/ a a shoulder strap.  I LOVE it for the rabbits.  Very user friendly.  I also have a pet stroller.  It is a double decker stroller w/ semi-rounded individual carriers.  I got it on ebay.  I got it b/c I have 2 obese cats and can’t carry them around by myself.  I used it last time for 1 cat and both bunnies.  It has a washable pad that I covered w/ a rag rug from their cage.  It opens big enough to easily get them in and out….it’s a large opening/doorway.  W/ more than 1 rabbit, a pet stroller might be a good idea, especially if you have difficulty lugging things around.

• KatnipCrzy
                          Participant
                          2981 posts Send Private Message

I would strongly recommend a secure plastic carrier like those described.  Cardboard is not completely escape-proof or attack proof.  I plan on using one of my cat carriers to take Cotton to the vet- I will just make sure to wash it beforehand- so it does not overpoweringly smell like cat.  But my bunny is used to the cats anyway and not afraid of them at all.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Made vet appointment for Martin