Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lux loves to lay around when out

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Xxventanaxx
      Participant
      356 posts Send Private Message

When we let lux out especially now with the Christmas tree out. She comes out and binkys nonstop then lays under the tree and loves it and relaxes. Is this bad?

• Dasher
        Participant
        156 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like you have a happy bunny

• Xxventanaxx
          Participant
          356 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Dasher on 12/14/2017 9:23 PM
            Sounds like you have a happy bunny

Even if she just lays around? It’s not bad?

• joea64
            Participant
            1423 posts Send Private Message

The more flopped-out a bunny is, the happier and more comfortable she is. It goes all the way from the classic “bunloaf”/”sphinx” pose, through the “lambchop” position where bun is turned to the side and has her hind legs stretched out behind her, to the dramatic flop where she bounces around a bit and then suddenly goes *fump* right over onto her side. It can startle and even frighten some people the first time they ever see it if they don’t already know about it, because it can look like bun is having a heart attack or something when it’s just the opposite!

My own two buns love to lounge. I mean love it. Panda in particular seems to spend half her time in one of the hidey boxes, bunloafing or stretched out.

• sarahthegemini
              Participant
              5584 posts Send Private Message

Why would that be bad? That your bunny binkies and then relaxes?

• Vienna Blue in France
                Participant
                5317 posts Send Private Message

Never underestimate the physical effort of binkying !!!! Lol.
                  One must rest ones paws afterwards!

Golly, if lounging were a reason to be concerned, id have no hair left. Apart from eating and grooming, and maybe exploring from time to time thats all they do !!!!

• joea64
                  Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/15/2017 6:54 AM

Never underestimate the physical effort of binkying !!!! Lol.
                    One must rest ones paws afterwards!

Golly, if lounging were a reason to be concerned, id have no hair left. Apart from eating and grooming, and maybe exploring from time to time thats all they do !!!!

I mean, literally about five minutes after I posted my previous comment, I saw Fernando “lambchopping”  in perfect felicity on the upper deck of the bunnies’ condo while Panda was bunloafing in her favorite hidey box next to her son. Panda in particular is a lazy lady who would probably spend all her time loafed up in her hidey boxes if she didn’t have to come out to eat, groom and toilet.

• Vienna Blue in France
                    Participant
                    5317 posts Send Private Message

PS. I missed out their main pastime…. POOPING !!!!!!!! Loads of time spent firing out the little cannonballs….

• joea64
                      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/15/2017 1:58 PM

PS. I missed out their main pastime…. POOPING !!!!!!!! Loads of time spent firing out the little cannonballs….

Maybe that’s the real reason why Napoleon lost at Waterloo, because the rabbits that were supposed to be producing munitions for the Armee du Nord got a mass case of GI stasis.

• Deleted User
                        Participant
                        22064 posts Send Private Message

xxventanaxx,

I just wanted to note from your avatar to be careful when handling your bunny. You kind of have to coddle them like babies because they are delicate and if they twist or jerk too hard while they are suspended, they can break their backs. I know that she is close to you in the photo, I’m just looking out for the little fluff. They generally do not like to be held, so it can be very frightening to them and cause them to make sudden movements that result in injury.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lux loves to lay around when out