Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR LUEY FRUSTRATES ME!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I have had Luey now for 12 months … he’s nearly 3 years old.

I am sad at the fact that after all this time he will still not come to me for a pet.  He scoots around my feet, have a nudge and then runs off.  He will sit under the table and look at me while I am sitting on the floor on my beanbag, or he will go laze by his pen.  I often wonder what is going through his head. 

He has a great life and I have so much love to give him, but he is still pretty much the same as when I first bought him home.  About the only time he will come near me is when I am fussing over the piggies, then he will fly around me pooping and puddling or darting out from no-where to be trampled on.  He has run time for about 4 hours every night.

I’m pooped off!

Maybe I’ll have to try encouraging him with bits of apple or something again.

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

I am sorry to hear that you don’t feel like Luey is bonding with you.

hmm, have you tried hand feeding him his veggies or laying on the floor with him? i know it’s really helped with our very shy Pandora. i have to admit that some bunnies just don’t have time for people – yet it sure sounds like he’s jealous when you’re paying attention to the pggies!

• Deleted User
          Participant

Sometimes I think he cannot be bothered at all with me … unless I am giving him his pellets or greens … ohhh here comes the slave bringing me my breakfast!  I have never tried to feed him his greens … oohhh now that would be a dare devil of me … I generally have to place his greens in his bowl whilst his back is turned otherwise I am likely to get snapped at.

I will try with small pieces of treats whilst he is out tonight …

I know it is a dead bummer … would be nice if he was a nice petty bunny … but however he is not.

I am wondering how he will go if I adopt some of Lisa43’s baby bunnies.

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

I feel ya with this. I’ve had Stormy for almost 4 years and he is not overly fond of affection either. If I am sitting on the couch sometimes he will hop on my lap for a second but If I pet/snuggle him he is off in a flash. I’ve come to accept this as his personality. He rarely “hangs out” with me during a run, he likes to do his own thing. Bunnies are just like people, some are more social than others. I’m lucky though, because my lop Bindi is a snuggler so he gets to do the snuggling for both of them!

I agree with Gravehearted…sometimes sitting/laying on the floor with the bun is a good way to socialize with them. They are more comftorable when you are at their level. Stormy will usually come visit me often when I’m on the floor. Sometimes I just lay on the floor with some pillows and read while he’s out.

• Deleted User
              Participant

To reiterate what everyone else said, my bunny Boston is not overly affectionate and some days she will have nothing at all to do with me and won’t even hardly come out of her cage. But sometimes I sit on the floor in her pen and do my homework and she will come check me out. Lots of times if I try to pet her, she runs, but sometimes she will just sit in my lap (and try to eat my book –‘the bunny ate my homework!’). If I lay on my stomach she will come up and rub noses with me—sometimes. I agree with the hand feeding too…Good luck!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR LUEY FRUSTRATES ME!