Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Loud Thumping this Morning

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunnies4ever
      Participant
      368 posts Send Private Message

I woke up around 6AM to the loudest thumping I’ve ever heard!  I jumped out of bed and went into their room to see Stella and Luna thumping all around their pen and cage!  Since they’ve never done this before, I investigated and looked out the window to see a cat sitting on the fence outside of their window.  I was utterly amazed becouse they couldn’t see the cat from the floor!  I shooed the cat away from the window, but the thumping went on the another couple of minutes, then stopped.  They wouldn’t even eat (which is another amazement), until they gave the “all clear” then chowed down.  I just shook my head and went to get ready for work.  Bunnies!…

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

lol.  guess they were trying to thump the cat outta there. 

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

That is so funny. I can’t imagine that out in the wild thumping would be very loud due to the earth underneath those thumpers! I know that’s kinda random but I was just thinking how loud thumping is on hardwood floors or a cage floor!

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

probably thumping outside is more about vibration than being loud. at least that would be my guess. and then our naughty house buns realize that we get all bent outta shape over thumps and they find it funny.

• RabbitPam
              11002 posts Send Private Message

The cat was probably saying nasty things to them which they heard, and thumping is bunny swearing.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

^^^ LOL

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

At least you found a reason…a few weeks ago, my guy was banging the floors and had us running around looking for the problem. It was loud and continuous. To this day I have no idea what that was about.

• Bunnies4ever
                    Participant
                    368 posts Send Private Message

I knew something was up because both of them were thumping! I’ve seen that cat roaming around the neighborhood. Hopefully, he won’t make a habit of sitting at my rabbtis window. I wouldn’t want that every morning! Danger….danger….cat on fence!

• Gravehearted
                      Participant
                      2428 posts Send Private Message

oo – nothing like a cat to get those thumping feets a-going! What a way to wake up, glad they’re both alright though.

• MarkBun
                        Participant
                        2842 posts Send Private Message

Maryann has predicted 5 out of 8 earthquakes that were greater than a 3.0 that hit my area so far. She has a very peculiar thumping she does when they are approaching. She has predicted them up to 3 days in advance. I have witnesses to it as I have said “My bun says another shaker is coming.”

It is amazing what buns can perceive – even beyond what we think is possible.

• Floppy
                          Participant
                          490 posts Send Private Message

I have only heard Floppy thump 3 times… once was because he didn’t like the gun shots coming from the movie Ratatouille, and two other
                            times was back to back, he would thump shortly after I put him back in his pen for the night. I wasn’t sure if that was before any earthquakes
                            though. I should keep track of these things!

• RabbitPam
                            11002 posts Send Private Message

markusdark,
                              That is so cool!

Next time she does it, call your local weatherman and get him to do a spot on her when she starts, then if you get an earthquake he can run the piece.

• Hedi
                              Participant
                              969 posts Send Private Message

If anything catches their eye outside they thump until they decide they are safe. Tonite my husband was leaving and his car has a loud rumble to it and Cooper did not like that! He got very upset and thumped until my husband was halfway down the road. lol

We live in the city and we have had a possum and raccoon in the backyard that we would have never seen. But the buns saw/heard them so we always have to check now when they get upset near the back door.

• Holly
                                Participant
                                371 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, I often tell my hubby we have a watch bunny. She once alterted me that the UPS guy was outside. He wasn’t even near our door yet, and she was up on her hind feet listening.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Loud Thumping this Morning