Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Loud Buns & Problems with chewing

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • ReeNa
      Participant
      37 posts Send Private Message

When I had my girl bunnies, they always would chew all the tile up that I used to make a flooring out of for their NIC condo. I know they were not bored because I had TONS of toys in there. Any reason why you think they do this? Also, they used to keep me up all night by running around in their cage and flinging poo everywhere. Is this normal also or……………….?

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

lol… sounds like normal busy bunny behaviour to me!  it took me a long long time to try to find toys / ‘projects’ that distracted baby bun from chewing up everything she was NOT supposed to chew (her plastic litter box / the footstool…).  the winners with her were phone books and cardboard boxes of any shape or size (best with holes started for ‘windows’).  altho she ignores what ever i give her for at least a few days & upto a few weeks before she eventually takes on the project.  i guess my procrastination has rubbed off on her?

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Normal bunny terror,and actually it was my male bunnies that were more destructive than my females, so ya just never know. Young bunnies are usually very busy getting into trouble. What kind of toys do you have? You might try putting into a phone book, a cardboard roll filled with hay and/or something else to help occupy their time.

• ReeNa
            Participant
            37 posts Send Private Message

I thought buns eating paper from a phonebook or cardboard would be bad for them or give them the runs.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

apparently most phone books & newspapers use soy based ink for printing which is ok for buns.  you can check with your local paper to be sure.  the rule of thumb i use is to stay away from shiny color paper & cardboard.  the buns sure love the stuff AND its cheap!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Loud Buns & Problems with chewing