Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Little Doggy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • KytKattin
      Participant
      1195 posts Send Private Message

Today while driving home I saw a little well groomed, terrier dog of some sort by the side of the road. Cold and gone, having left this world. We have had a lot of rain and wind in the last few days. Fences are down all over our area. Even some of our own fence blew down. This poor little doggy was probably someone’s well loved pet, who got let out early this morning and wandered about. As a well loved pet I’m sure that he or she was not very street smart, and got lost very quickly. I feel so bad for the dog’s owners. What a terrible way to loose a loved pet. As winter is coming up for those of us in the Northern part of the world, please be extra careful with your pets. Fences you thought were sturdy and up might no longer keep your loved ones safe after a storm.

• bunnycutie
        Participant
        549 posts Send Private Message

im so sorry you had to see this—–i know how much it hurts. once when i was very young(about 9 yrs) i saw a poor little black dog. the teeniest dog i have evr seen. he was cratching at someones front door while i was driving by. then he passed to the next house and tried again. its was pouring rain and he was soaked. i asked my mom to pull over, but the only response i got was “thats probably his home. he will be fine”

i really wish i didnt remember this day

• bunnycutie
          Participant
          549 posts Send Private Message

• MimzMum
            Participant
            8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh how terrible! It immediately comes to mind as to wonder what the poor baby’s last thoughts were, if he had time for them at all…and then to be the owner and not know what’s happened to your pet…?
              Do you have some kind of local shelter or rescue who comes to pick them up when they have been hit and are already gone? We usually give a call to animal control so they can come and make an identification, then inform the owners.
              How very sad. Poor pup, I hope he made it safely to the Rainbow Bridge and that his passing was quick and painless. ;_; Such a sad end!

• RabbitPam
              11002 posts Send Private Message

Yes, I was going to suggest that too. If you call Animal Control in your location (probably listed in the local gov’t. website) and tell them what street you saw the little one on, they can see if he is tagged or even microchipped and call the owner.

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

I always get upset when I see did animals on the side of the road or on the road – it makes me scream I get so sad.

• TARM
                  Participant
                  1253 posts Send Private Message

Sadly, in VA, it isn’t animal control who responds to dead animal calls. It’s Department of Transportation. They don’t inform owners when they find dead animals but they do keep a descrption so they can confirm a death if an owner of a missing animal calls.

• Karla
                    Participant
                    1624 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bunnycutie on 10/14/2009 04:31 PM

im so sorry you had to see this—–i know how much it hurts. once when i was very young(about 9 yrs) i saw a poor little black dog. the teeniest dog i have evr seen. he was cratching at someones front door while i was driving by. then he passed to the next house and tried again. its was pouring rain and he was soaked. i asked my mom to pull over, but the only response i got was “thats probably his home. he will be fine”

i really wish i didnt remember this day

I hate those memories of lost animals that haunt you forever. I remember finding a lost cat once, but my parents were sure it would find its way home again, so we left it in the middle of nowhere miauving its heart out. It’s been 10 years or something, and I still remember it. And thankfully, so do my parents…

But you know, I know it is completely OT, but I am sure this tiny dog got a home. Who could resist a tiny dog scratching at your door? I think most people would give in.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Little Doggy