Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Little-Bit and Peter’s first date!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • Binkles
      Participant
      823 posts Send Private Message

Well…..it went great!! It went even better than I’d hoped it would!! There was lots of staring, nudging, and lots of envy flopping on Peter’s part. (You guys were right, Peter is totally chill.)

Little-Bit COMPLETELY surprized me!! I expected her to be really scared of Peter, or at least reluctant to approach him. Now keep in mind, she hasn’t even been exposed to other animals except during nail trims since she was a baby. And she’s scared to death of our miniature poodle. But NO!! We set Peter down in the x-pen with her and she was immediately EXTREAMELY interested! It was insane! I’ve never seen her so interested in anything before!! She was the one following him around, and he was just trying to find a place to lay out. Lol.

The only times there were any signs of aggression was when one of them would accidentally scare or surprise the other, which would usually result in Little-Bit growling and boxing and/ or nipping at him. She only nipped him a few times though. Four at the most. And they weren’t serious nips. (They were together for 45 minutes!) The rest of the time everyone’s ears were forward and we were both keenly interested in each other. No aggression from either one at all. Both are reluctant to surrender the title of head bun, and Little-Bit DEFINITELY thinks she’s the boss. (Which is also opposite of what I’d always expected.) But they don’t seem to hate each other.

And Peter is adorable. He’s definitely bigger than Little-Bit (sturdier), but he doesn’t dwarf her. He’s not a rex but I don’t think he’s a flemmie either. I’m thinking he may be a mix of a standard lop and something smaller? His ears seem kind of floppy to me.

Introducing Peter Agoutii!

Pre-date cool off.

“MOMMY what is THAT?????”

I’m happy to see my Little-Bit so engaged insomething. I knew she’d be a social bunny.

EEE! I LOVE this pic!

Good vibes.

Peter’s setup in the spare room. (Down the hall from my room.)

I don’t want to jump to conclusions too soon, but I happen to think this will work out.

The only thing I’m really worried about is health-wise. He seems a bit overweight to me (albeit he also has a stocky build) and he scratches his ears occasionally. I looked down into his ears with a flashlight and he does have some yellow crud way down in there, so I’ll have to have the vet check that out. But also he does this weird…twitch thing every once in a while. It sort of looks like a huff but his tail and sometimes his rear legs also twitch with the huff. Anyone have any ideas as to what that is about?

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Awesome! *Binky-Binky*

Check out little Bit sniffing his butt, hahaha.
          There’s a lot of him but he is also longer and bigger over all, so he kind of carries the weight well. Sweet though! Nice soft colours and he does look quite mellow. So exciting!

I’m not sure what you mean by “huff”? The tail+leg twitch is when he is lying down? Language of Lagos talks about a shudder. Could it be something like that?

• Barbie
          Participant
          1581 posts Send Private Message

How exciting! Looks promising! And thanks for sharing the pictures. Peter is a very handsome boy!

• Monkeybun
            Participant
            10479 posts Send Private Message

Told ya he wouldn’t be too big Monkey is always trying to be the dominant one, she was a humping machine when we brought Moosie home. She’s slowed down with that though It was soooo funny watching her try to hump him lol.

(((((good bonding vibes!!!))))))))

• Binkles
              Participant

Luckily he didn’t seem to mind too much! She was sniffing his butt a LOT. No mounting from either one yet….though I’m not sure Bitty knows HOW to mount. x/

This is true -it could just be that I’m not used to how bigger bunnies are supposed to look/ feel/ carry their weight yet. After all I’ve been staring at dwarves for the past 5 1/2 years. I guess the vet will have a better idea of where he’s supposed to be weight wise.

The tail/ leg/ huff twitch thing is when he’s laying down. It’s really a very subtle quick twitch, like something tickled him or something. I’m pretty sure it’s not the shudder that’s on the Language of Lagomorphs site.

And don’t underestimate me, there will be MANY pictures.

• Elrohwen
                Participant
                7318 posts Send Private Message

Awwww, YAY! I’m so excited for you and Little-bit! He’s a gorgeous bun.

And I’m sure Little-bit will figure out how to hump him soon 😉 If he’s so laid back, it sounds like he’ll just let her be the boss without much of a fight. But you never know.

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

Woo Hoo!

Who can resist Little Bit????

• Elrohwen
                    Participant

Pete’s face looks a lot like Hannahs I think! Just give him loppy ears and they would be twinsies 🙂

• Binkles
                      Participant

Oh my gosh you guys, Peter is SUCH a snuggle bunny! I’ve never seen a bunny this snuggly before. We’ve had him not even for a day now and he flops and falls asleep in the flop position AGAINST me. With his eyes closed.   I haven’t even been in the pen with him all that much, maybe an hour or so last night and an hour today. I’ll try to get his snuggliness on camera to show you guys. I’m sure it won’t be hard.

I’m waiting to continue bonding them until he’s checked out by my vet just as a precaution, particularly because of the shaking his ears thing. He has an appointment tomorrow morning.

Oh! And also does anyone know if it’s okay for him to have flea stuff on him? His foster said that she had put flea stuff on him because she let him on the back patio every once in a while.

• Elrohwen
                        Participant

I believe Revolution is ok for buns? I would just ask your vet. I know certain kinds are bun-approved.

• MarkBun
                          Participant
                          2842 posts Send Private Message

Make sure that you don’t give Little-bit a reason to become jealous of Peter. She should always get head pets from you before you give them to Peter. Same thing with treats, being put into a place and being taken out of a place. Bun Jealousy can be a very ugly thing…

• Barbie
                            Participant

Mark, really?! I didn’t know that was a problem let alone something to worry about…. Hmm…

• Monkeybun
                              Participant

Monkey gets annoyed when I dont give her attention first.

• Barbie
                                Participant

Lol, I guess Leroy is just more laid back They get plenty of lovins

• Moonlight_Wolf
                                  Participant
                                  1155 posts Send Private Message

Thats so exciting! I like the thick glove you are wearing for protection! I had similar ones to them! I also was armed with a colander and a spray bottle during bonding sessions!

So the vet said he was a good weight? To me he looks like a little bit of a chubster! But they are both so cute together! I too thought my first bunny would be the subordinate bunny, and it seemed that way for a while, but after they were bonded was when Fern decided to boss thistle around! No biting, but she just chases him away from the lettuce sometimes.

• Binkles
                                    Participant

Hehe I’m trying my best to spread the lovin’s equally. They’re right down the hall from each other so it’s not uncommon for me to get through lovin’ on one and come out of the room to look down the hall and see the sweet face of the other one. And then I just feel guilty and can’t resist giving move lovin’s. It’s a neverending cycle of lovin’s!! Ahh I’m trapped!!

I’m really surprised that Little-Bit isn’t at least giving me odd looks because I have his scent on me. Whenever I’ve had other animal scents on me –dogs or cats– she’s always become really defensive and usually doesn’t want to be petted, but with Peter’s scent she doesn’t even care. She’s very interested in sniffing my pants legs but she doesn’t hesitate to let me groom her when she sniffs my hand.

I’ll be amazed if Little-Bit turns out to be the dominant one. She’s ALWAYS struck me as submissive, just because she’s so freaking sweet and loving and delicate. But it certainly seems so far that she’s trying to be the top bun, and with Peter being so laid-back it seems like it just may turn out that way.

PS. By the way, who is it that is making all of those RIDICULOUSLY CUTE avatars of everyone’s buns? I have to give them artistic props. :}

• Elrohwen
                                      Participant

Not sure if it’ll work out this way with your two, but I find that the female is almost always the dominant one in all of the bonded bunnies I’ve met at the shelter.

• jerseygirl

PS. By the way, who is it that is making all of those RIDICULOUSLY CUTE avatars of everyone’s buns? I have to give them artistic props. :}

That would be Sani. When MimzMum first got wind of them, she thought is was your doing! The thread (see link) was titled “I’m Bored” but it looks like Sani put on the brakes on the requests hence the new title and edited 1st post. lol
                                          https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aff/6/aft/109815/afv/topic/afpgj/5/Default.aspx

• Binkles
                                          Participant

Oh lol! Well it certainly looks like something I would do! (And DO do.) I’m actually surprised I haven’t thought of it before. I’ve thought of similar things, but never got around to them. (*Is pondering opening comissions for pet portraits once the end-of-school rush is over to pay for her move to Orlando*)

Too cute. x3 I’ll definitely have to make acquaintances with the artist. I love the trend, and I may just make one of my own if she’s too backed up at the moment.

• Monkeybun
                                            Participant

Sani has had toooons of requests, I got lucky enough to be the first to post in that thread for one

• jerseygirl

You should make your own! Someone mentioned in that thread that there should be a gallery for them. I think a gallery for all styles featuring rabbits would be great!
                                                Btw, belated congrats on getting into your program. Good for you in following your passion. I’m currently admiring your work on your deviantart page…My God Girl!!

• Moonlight_Wolf
                                                Participant
                                                1155 posts Send Private Message

I think a gallary for bunny pictures that members drew would be great! It might even convince me to draw something!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Little-Bit and Peter’s first date!