Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Litterbox question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • equinelove
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

I bought a corner litter box for my new 9 week old bunny. I filled the litter box with yesterdays new, some hay, and some of her droppings. I’ve been trying to litter train her for about a week now and instead of doing her buisness in the litter box, she does it all outside her litter box and sleeps and spends most of her time inside the littler box when she is caged. I don’t have too much experience with litter training except for my old dwarf rabbit that I litter trained. Any advice?

• kimberleyanddarren
        Participant
        2520 posts Send Private Message

are u watching your bun so that when they lift up their tail to go you can stop them and direct them to the box? also as they are too young to be neutered you may have more trouble because of this, you could put a urine soaked towel at the bottom of the litterbox and also move the litterbox to where the bun is going instead of expecting the bun to move, you could also try using a few as the bun may sleep in one and potty in another, just a few suggestions

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

it’s hard to expect a 9 week old bun to be perfect. she’ll likely start to catch on as she matures, and spaying will help.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like she would rather use the box for a lounge area. What does she have right now for a lounging place? Also, when she is pooping around the box, is it in piles or just polka dotted everywhere.

It’s true that a young bunnies may not actually be able to be fully trained, but the training process can help them in the future. You may find though that at 12 weeks even if you do get her trained, they may go right out the door with sexual maturity. Does she mark only in her cage are also in her running space outside of the cage?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL Sorry my friend is going through the exact same thing right now!! And actually when i had the corner litter box (the kind that clips on and is a little higher) Kahlua loved to sleep in it and did her business elsewhere.

Maybe either get another litter box for her to do her business in, and let her sleep in that corner box; Or get her something comfier to sleep in (like a pet bed) and she might start using the litter box for well, littering!!

And I have to add now that I think about it…when we first got kahlua and she would sleep in the litter box, Kokanee would try to dig Kahlua out of the box, and finally give up, jump on top of her and pee and poo on her *giggling* so needless to say, we had to get rid of the corner litter box LOL

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Litterbox question