Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Litter Training Question.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Nova&the3stars
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone!

I am having a small problem with litter training my recently spayed/neutered bunnies. I have four bunnies who were spayed/neutered March 8 and 15. They have yet to catch onto litter training. I have them in their own space and litter boxes and bedding that they like side by side in a closet (with no door) that’s off to the side so they can’t move them, it’s private, they have space to turn around and there are corners. I put any accidents back in the pans and clean them in the mornings. They like these litter pans (I have tried a few now and these are the preferred) I put hay at the back of the litter boxes and they can jump in and out to eat and “go” but they only use them just to eat. I have realized recently that I made a mistake and put a blanket in their space but have taken it out to train but I feel guilty because I don’t want them to walk around a hard floor. The videos I’ve watched say to keep materials out until they are trained but is this really ok? Does anyone know if I should put down some kind of flooring for them or leave it out until they are trained I am just a little concerned for their feet and want them to be comfy.

thank you!

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

Soft things can be very attractive for peeing. Are you able to stretch a fleece blanket so it’s tight and it becomes the “floor”?

Since it has only been 4 weeks or less since the spays/neuters, I would also give it more time. Bunnies tend to go a bit bonkers after they are spayed/neutered. They are dealing with changes in their hormone levels. This can cause them to become extra territorial, etc. So all of peeing and pooping everywhere could be the result of that.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Litter Training Question.