Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Litter habits

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kianna
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I have two free roam lionhead bunnies, one is 7 months old the other is about 5 months. They are both males and neutered. I’m having really bad luck with litter training the younger bunny. Our older bunny is pretty much completely trained. We will occasionally see some poops here and there after him running around and playing which is not a big deal but our new bunny is starting to stress me out. We have had him for a little over 2 months and I feel as if his litter habits haven’t changed and I’m desperate for advice. During the day he is okay and doesn’t leave me much mess but when I wake up each morning the floor is COVERED. i have to vacuum every single morning and its just getting a bit frustrating. I change the litter every 2 to 3 days and try to add fresh hay as regularly as possible. He also is having an issue with spraying (I think that’s the term) I notice little spots on the carpet where he didn’t fully pee but there is like at least a quarter size drop on the carpet in random places so I have to get the rug cleaner and scrub like crazy and try to neutralize any scents. I really don’t want to have to lock him up every night in a crate but I can’t handle waking up to that mess every morning. Please give me any and all tips and tricks. Also I use wood pellets as bedding for the litter and have tried placing a paper towel with his urine on it in the litter box to encourage him to go there but it’s not made a difference. It seems like he always uses the litter box to pee but never to poop.

Also if anyone has any tips on getting them more social as well if appreciate it, I usually spend at LEAST an hour every night in the floor with them and allow them to come up and hang out with me

Im a new bunny owner, I got my first Lil guy in February but before that didn’t have much experience with them so any advice truly will help

• LBJ10
        16899 posts Send Private Message

How long ago was he neutered? And are they bonded?

There is nothing wrong with restricting space at night. Some bunnies just need that structure.

• Kianna
          Participant
          5 posts Send Private Message

I got Otis (newer bun) in late July and got him neutered early August. They are bonded now, it did take a couple weeks for them to adjust to eachother though. Glad to hear it would be okay to crate him if necessary, I felt like a bad bunny mom having to do that.

it would definitely be more ideal if I didn’t have to because the crate I have for him is rather large and takes up a decent amount Of space in the room, so I’m crossing my fingers I can figure out something

• LBJ10
            16899 posts Send Private Message

Ah, I see. There is the chance that his hormones are still adjusting. It typically takes 4-6 weeks, but the post-neuter craze can last up to 8 weeks. During this time, it isn’t unusual for a bunny to display more hormonal behavior than before they were neutered. It probably wouldn’t hurt to restrict their space at night until he calms down. Once he’s better, you can give him a refresher on how to use the litter box.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Litter habits