Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Litter Box and hay feeder

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • babuding
      Participant
      11 posts Send Private Message

Hello all.

I now have a different collections of litterboxes, trying to find the best. The problem is I just bought the Jumbo litter box of Petmate and is arriving today and yesterday I have been thinking to get this XL litter box with hay feeder.

Can you share your best litter box setup with hay feeder? I am somewhat not happy just putting the hay on the litterbox. Its not the wasting of hay I am not happy about but messy.

Is something like this great to use?
        https://www.etsy.com/listing/561292957/xl-rabbit-bunny-hay-feeder-and-litter?ref=cart

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

A lot of people (myself included) just put the hay in the litter box. It encourages them to use the litter box, and they tend to eat a lot more hay too. Peeing on it isn’t a huge concern either, they can and will eat it just fine.

• Dface
          Participant
          1084 posts Send Private Message

Honestly I have tried all types of hay racks and feeders, and my buns just pull all the hay out anyway.
            Those types look great, but they end up being just as wasteful, as they need to be constantly filled in order for the rabbits to actually get the hay, and mine enjoy digging the hay out to find the bits they like.
            Only reason I use one is because my boy pees on the hay and wont eat it.

As far as I can discern having hay everywhere all the time is part of owning rabbits!

• Wick & Fable
            5781 posts Send Private Message

If you click on my username on the left <<<<<<<<<< and look at my photo album, you'll see what I have considered one of the "neatest" litterbox/hay configurations. It also does NOT have a hay feeder, because rabbits enjoy foraging and getting "intimate" with their hay to get the most out of it. Racks can add a potential effort to eating something that should be consumed quite frequently!

Hay everywhere is a common concern… I hear you.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• babuding
              Participant
              11 posts Send Private Message

Thank you all! That saves me a fortune!

• DanaNM
                8930 posts Send Private Message

I use a metal paper towel roll holder as a hay rack, clipped to the side of their condo over the box, plus extra hay in the box itself.  I just went to Ross and looked at what they had, and it has worked out great. A lot of folks also use those containers meant to store plastic bags. I used to put hay in the box only, but Bertha like to flatten it all down and pee on it  . 

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Litter Box and hay feeder