Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Litter box

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • auntie
      Participant
      82 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit keeps moving his litter box away from his hay. It’s usually in the middle of his cage. Any ideas as to why he might be doing this?

is it normal for rabbits to be bored of their hay? They eat it but not as much as they used too. I haven’t changed anything with their diet.

• NetherPixie
        Participant
        16 posts Send Private Message

Mine used to move his litter box around when he was bored, so that may be something to look into depending on how much space they have or what stimulation they are getting.

And it could be they are just tied of their hay.  I had to change hay a couple times, I went from timothy have to orchard grass and now I am mixing the two.  They also may not like how you have the hay set up. There is a lot of things and I have found that rabbits are very particular and can be fussy, lol.

• auntie
            Participant

there cages are huge with plenty of room. I was wondering if they were bored the last couple of days. Normally they are out of their cage all day, I’ve been really busy the last couple of days so they are only out part of the day.

Any suggestions for stimulation toys because I think they are tired of their toys

• NetherPixie
              Participant
              16 posts Send Private Message

Toilet rolls stuffed with hay, I have started putting some herbs on the middle, they really like that. I have a forage mat too I use sometimes. I’ll hide some pellets or herbs in or even just a pile of hay with the herbs sprinkled in. Its a little messy but they really enjoy it.

I also try to rotate their toys, I have a box of balls, chew sticks, the usual rabbit toys and every few days I swap stuff around to keep it kinda fresh.  f you haven’t tried wicker baskets I would recommend, mine enjoy those.

• auntie
                Participant

Thank you so much! I’ll try that 😊

• LBJ10
                16869 posts Send Private Message

If they are bored, you could see if they enjoy tossing things. Perhaps they do if they were moving the litter box around.

Hard plastic is generally considered safe because it is difficult for a bunny to actually gnaw a piece off. They will scratch the plastic with their teeth, but chunks don’t come off. Popular items include baby keys and baby stacking cups.

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Litter box