Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Licking

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • kellyrorgan
      Participant
      21 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone. I’m new to the bunny scene and thought I’d post the first of what will probably be many questions     Our bunny loves to lick us. It’s nice, but I’m just curious as to why. Does he need salt? Does he just like us? Is this normal? And it’s not just our hands, it’s any skin. He also likes to (lightly) pull on my boyfriends leg hair lol. To help give good answers here’s a little info on our guy: he’s 3-4 months, not fixed obviously, a dwarf, from a pet store, and has been home with us for three days. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being a part of the community

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Kellyrorgan!  I saw your other post regarding licking so you probably got your answers.  Sounds like your bunny is a loving one!  It’s a form of grooming which may mean he’s accepting you as part of his world and vice versa.  Some bunnies do like the taste of skin, while other hate it, so though it could be a taste preference, but I bet it has more to do with a grooming ritual than anything.  I would take it as an honor.

He may become even more affectionate soon as he is getting to that stage.   If he becomes annoying with his….eh hem….affections, you can get him a toy bunny, but be sure to get his or your scent on it by just rubbing in on him or on your clothing.    

Again, WELCOME!!  We look forward to seeing you around the board.  Don’t hesitate to ask as many questions as you’d like.  That’s what we’re here for.

• BunMumTiff
          Participant
          241 posts Send Private Message

aww how nice of your bun to show you love……..he must know you love him and he is greatful for a wonderful life outside the pet store

• kellyrorgan
            Participant

Thanks guys. It is nice to know the little guy loves us. He’s discovered toes now and I it’s so funny to watch him. He’ll run a loop around me, the lick my toes, then run through his tunnel, then come back to the toes, ect. And I just found out what a ‘binky’ is, he does this all the time. We thought it was just funny, nice to know he seems to like us as much as we like him. Our little guy is just so neat

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! Since your bunny is young, you might want to look at the “bunny proofing” sections – and think about getting him neutered once he gets old enough, just to be prepared to deal with any new behaviors he develops as he gets older. Have you had bunnies before? I’m looking forward to seeing some pics of him!

• kellyrorgan
                Participant

We had thought about getting a bunny for a few months so we did do some research before hand. But here and there I’m sure somethings will just come up along the way. Right now his ‘area’ consists of a cage (solid bottomed of course,) where he sleeps, eats, has a litter box, ect. We have the cage in dinning room and we’ve closed off the exits so he can hop around freely when it’s playtime. We’ve bought him various toys (that are strewn about the floor lol) and we’ve made him tunnels, and caves and fun things with cardboard boxes. And there’s an extra litter box in one of the corners that he seems to favor.

Yes, we do plan on getting him fixed, as soon as he’s old enough. Besides the health benefits, I don’t think I’d like the little guy spraying everything later .  I’ve not had a bunny personally, but have friends that do.  I’ve had other pets though and know how their personalities can change both with getting fixed and just over time.

We have taken a few pictures, now I just need to get them posted. He’s such a little cutie-patootie.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Can’t wait to share bunnie stories with everyone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Licking