Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums DIET & CARE Letting bunny outside

This topic contains 3sd replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vanessa 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bunnieq
    Participant

Hello! At what age is it okay to let a rabbit outside (under supervision) to roam in the grass? Should I be worried about letting him consume the grass?

Bunny House
    Participant

I would say over 6 months so their gi tract has fully developed. Make sure tbey are in a pen with a top on it and close supervision the whole time as predators can swoop down fast and catch them. Make sure the grass hasn’t been treated with pesticides, no animals have walked on the grass as parasite eggs can be on the grass and then the bun can eat them. You can wash the grass before he eats it for safe consumption.

tobyluv
    Participant

There can be toxic weeds or plants in the lawn, so you really have to be careful about what your rabbit is eating. There are a lot of dangers outside, due to predators, and a sudden noise or the presence of a predator can startle a rabbit, making it take off and possibly injure itself, or it can run away if frightened if it is not in a pen.

vanessa
    Participant

Personally, I wouldnt worry about toxic weeds. Maybe i have too much Faith, but i dont believe herbivores will eat toxic plants. I do however, worry about flies. Bot flies are attracted to rabbits. I will never let my rabbits outside again, because there is no way to prevent a bot fly from laying eggs near my rabbits, and therefore no way to prevent them from getting fly strike. Even if using ivermectin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.