Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Leaving bunny in a cage while on vacation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Linds
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

My husband & I will be going on a week long trip in January. Our 6month old Holland Lop, Maple, will be left at home. She has a bunny proof room and in that room she has a 2 level condo that is by far large enough for her to hop around, stand up and stretch out. Her hay and water and litter box is in there as well. A caregiver will be coming every day to feed her and play with her. I wanted to leave her in her room while we’re gone, but because she is not spayed (she has an appointment for the end of January) she is peeing everywhere and being very destructive. Will she be okay to stay in her house with the whole time pretty much? I dont want her to become depressed. Thank you!

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

I think she will be fine, maybe a little bored. It’s just a week and the caretaker will come every day. It’d be good if she has access to twigs or willow toys she can gnaw on, apart from the normal hay and food.

• Marzipan The Bunny
          Participant
          73 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Bam, toys are really important and can keep buns busy for a while.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Do you mean leave her in the bunny room the whole time, or in the condo?

I’m sure she would appreciate it if she had some run-around time in her room while the care-taker is there, but would be fine in the condo the rest of the time since it’s just for a week.

Stocking her up on toys to destroy will help, plus extra hay. My buns eat WAY more hay when I’m away, so be sure your pet sitter knows to restock her hay daily.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Linds
              Participant
              2 posts Send Private Message

I appreciate the responses! I feel a lot better about keeping her in her condo (apart from when the care taker is there) thank you all!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Leaving bunny in a cage while on vacation