Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lazy bunnies?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

I see videos of bunnies racing around super fast. I haven’t seen my bunnies do this yet.

They will get a sudden burst of energy sometimes and run through the hidey house and into the litter box. Pinky runs through the cardboard tunnel sometimes.

I let them out mostly at night and the mornings when I’m not cleaning their pens. They usually get the opportunity to come out during the day but will only look around for a bit then sleep on the floor. They of course like hopping around and chewing the tunnel and other toys. Pinky also always tries to jump into the hay box, and they both try to steal pellets from the bag I try to cover.
        Do some bunnies just not get zoomies? They are happy little guys that love to flop and get pet and groomed. Maybe they prefer to chew rather than run?

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

Some bunnies just don’t feel the urge to run around like maniacs. As long as their energy level remains what is “normal” for them, then it isn’t anything to be concerned about.

• Moonlightbunny66
          Participant

Thank you. 🙂

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

I think that bigger bunnies can be a bit more lazy. Bertha would have maybe 1 or 2 bursts of activity a week. LOL She was also very into chewing but not so much zooming.

Some of it might also be timing. Late at night seems to be peak zooming hours for mine, a few hours after they’ve had their salad. They usually take a post-salad nap, then wake up and be very active.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

Dorian is a little bun and he hardly ever zooms, he is also under 2 years old so no excuses at all! He sounds a lot like your buns actually. He is free roam other than bedtime in his room and he does like to explore, but he does it at a calm bunny trot pace. Mainly he likes to flop dramatically and occasionally do little wiggle dances when he is excited. If he has had a very exciting day he might engage in a zoom/bunny pinball event, but it’s not daily and sometimes not even weekly.

• Moonlightbunny66
                Participant

Thanks guys! They usually get time out in the morning, afternoon, and mostly at night.

My Pinky is also under 2 years old and he’s crazy but doesn’t zoom around. Mine also explore calmly lol. Maybe they just don’t feel the need to run a million miles an hour. Muffin explores and hops around a bit then takes a break by flopping on the floor to sleep. Then gets up and chews… Then sleeps again.

• Wick & Fable
                  5781 posts Send Private Message

Definitely can simply be an individual difference. When there’s a change within an individual, like a rabbit who used to be really energetic suddenly turns sluggish, that for me is more worrying.

In my pair, the bigger rabbit is absolutely more energetic. She flops, binkies, and zoomies several times a day. It’s wild. The small dwarf is probably the laziest living being (humans included) I’ve met, haha. His whole day is essentially finding new places to lounge! He doesn’t flop (he did a few times as a baby, but I think it scared him?) and doesn’t zoomie. He only binkies to express frustration (like me telling him to get away from the bedroom gate).

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Moonlightbunny66
                    Participant

LOL Wick you have the best of both worlds! My Muffin only does what I saw someone call a half-binky. He stands up on his back legs for a second and shakes his head and body. Could just be fluffing up his fur but he looks excited!

• Sonn
                      Participant
                      1810 posts Send Private Message

Joey is a big big girl and the laziest bun I have ever met in my life. I think if I allowed her to she would sit in one spot her entire life. 😂

• Starlightbunny
                        Participant
                        93 posts Send Private Message

I have a very lazy and spoiled little bunny. She does zoomies for a few minutes and then goes back to laying around. Nothing wrong with that 🙂 as long as bunny is happy and healthy.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lazy bunnies?