Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Layla not eating

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cassi&Charlie
      Participant
      1260 posts Send Private Message

I feel like every second week I’m up here posting that she’s not eating. I feel terrible for her though cause she’s sitting in the corner clicking her teeth really loud and the only thing I can do is give her simethicone and hope that everything is fine until tomorrow when the vet re-opens.

Poor little thing! SHe’s so tiny and vunerable. She’s also really feisty and wont let me massage her or anything. BF is out tonight so I’m not sure how I’ll go giving her the simethicone alone but we’ll just have to be patient.

• Cassi&Charlie
        Participant

It’s my fault. I gave her too much brocolli and now she has gas. Her stomach feels so tight and gassy. Hopefully the simethicone will help & she’ll feel fine soon.

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Hi Cassi, actually you haven’t reported this with Layla for quite some time, so don’t feel to badly. I trance Jersey when I suspect gas. I’ll put her on her back and once she’s tranced I’ll massage her belly for a while, then gently push her hind feet forwards like and ab crunch. It seems to help her. Hope the smithi will give your Layla some relief.

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

How is Layla now?

• MimzMum
              Participant
              8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh dear! 0_o I can understand your dilemma, C&C, as Mimzy used to be okay with trancing, but now he is not. I find that if he is having any kind of trouble that encourages a massage from me, I just get him out of his pen and do what I call a “Full Bunny Body Massage” where I just let him sit on the bed or my lap in his normal bun loaf position and jut do a slow ‘pet’ with both hands over the top of his body. If I find an excuse to get under his chin or around his ears or down his sides with a little extra pet, it is less likely turned away after we’ve been doing this for about five minutes. He gets totally relaxed and will puddle for me and then if I want to move to rubbing the tummy, I sneak a pet under his ribs and just gently massage his sides. I figure it still sends some good feeling in the general direction and I think Mimzy agrees.

Hope Layla feels better soon! And yes, stay away from that nasty broccoli, bunny! (‘Happy little trees’, indeed! Hmph! Not for my bunnies either!)

• Cassi&Charlie
                Participant

She started eating at 4am but now it’s 8:45am and I find myself having to face a full day with only 4 hours sleep! I’m really glad she’s ok but I feel like a zombie

• MimzMum
                  Participant
                  8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh been there done that! >_< Isn't it awful? Whatever happened to the days when I could be up ALL night with my friends, get an hour's sleep and then clean up and go to school or work for another 9 hours and not crash until the next evening? ^_^

Ahhhh, the good ol’ days. xD But then, there was no lovable bunny to give me tickly smooches and binky for me when he was happy, so…it’s a trade off.

Good to hear she’s eating now!

• skunklionshow
                    Participant
                    1257 posts Send Private Message

I suspected that my evil Jessi had some bloat one night.  B/c she generally won’t let me near her.  I put her in a clementine crate and pet her hard in one direction on each side of her fat belly.  She was in a loaf position in the crate sans clementines.  She tolerated that very well.  Else I can’t imagine I could have done any official bloat masage.

Mimz:  It’s called your teens & twenties AKA the days you could stay up all night, sleep for 1 hr, and work/school all day.  In my early 20’s I could go to bed at 10:30/11 pm and wake up at 12:30/1am to hit the bar w/ my roommate that worked until midnight or so.  We stayed until the bar closed, 2:30 and slept and woke up for work at 6:30.  ICB I used to do that….no I’m lucky to not be draggin’ if I go to bed @ 11pm and wake at 7:00am. LOL

• MooBunnay
                      Participant
                      3087 posts Send Private Message

A good way to do is to crush up the simethicone and then mix it with a little bit of banana. If Layla won’t eat it on her own, you can put the mush into a syringe and force feed it – I know it isn’t easy! Raymond had a bit of a gas episode a couple nights ago, we took him to the vet in the morning, and now he’s been eating non-stop since, I think to prove that he doesn’t need to go to the vet again

• jerseygirl

Were you able to get the smithi into her? I thought it gave some relief fairly quickly – though I’ve never used it. Was she still grinding her teeth right up to that time? Glad to hear she came good eventually!

• Cassi&Charlie
                          Participant

I ran around half the night trying to find the suspension cause I could only find the tablet form. When I found the suspension it gave her relief really quickly. I grabbed 2 bottles so now I don’t have to worry about finding it again! I can’t believe how hard something so common can be to find!

• jerseygirl

Mmm…I don’t have any on hand, maybe I should! I know it’s a bit late now but I have seen it in Coles and Woolies in the baby section. Yellow box with blue logo I think. Pretty sure that’s a liquid. Only would have been useful though if you have 24hr supermarkets there. Wonder if tablets have longer shelf life though? I didn’t even know it came in that form. Anyone know if you can crush a tablet and mix with banana?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant
                              12067 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear she’s doing better now!! Yup semethicone is a good thing to have on hand!! I’ve actually had a hard time finding pedialyte before in a pinch-so that’s a good one too!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Layla not eating