Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS ‘Lay-Out’ Surfaces

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Binkles
      Participant
      823 posts Send Private Message

So I’m just trying to gather everyone’s opinions here.

If you have a lay-out/ cool-down place for your bunny to have their tummy cooled on, what is it?

Binkles always like laying over the floor register…lol. ^^

I have a new idea for Little-Bit, though. (In addition to included floor register, of course.) Just as an add-on to her condo, I’m going to give her one or two granite or marble tiles. (Natural stone, so she can’t chew on them) Oooohh..

What do you use?

• Veronica Vigilant
        Participant
        186 posts Send Private Message

My buns NIC condo- which is embarassing large with 5 floors- has stick on tiles for the bottom floor that my lop loves to lay on so I don’t have anything else. If I didn’t have those tiles down there I would probably get some tiles like you’re talking about since she so obviously loves to lay on things that are cool on her tummy! (My second guy likes to sleep on softer cuddly type things)

• osprey
          Participant
          2065 posts Send Private Message

I use 12″ x 12″ ceramic tiles.  These work well, and can be turned over for added traction.  You grantie/stone tile idea should work well too.

• Binkles
            Participant

Yeah my only concern about ceramic is that it’s too close to the consistency of a mineral block or a salt lick. And I don’t want her chewing on it. =x I want to have all of the sides THOROUGHLY buffed smooth so she knows, ‘Okay. This is not something safe to chew!’

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

I use ceramic tiles too and they don’t chew or lick them but the do like to lay on them.

• Binkles
                Participant

Yeah I was looking at the marble tiles today and began to think thet they might be a bit on the slippery side, even if it is just for a lay-out spot.

What about porcelain tiles? Is it dangerous since they’re made out of glass?

• Beeslee
                  Participant
                  147 posts Send Private Message

I use ceramic tiles also. I have a jumbo one (the biggest I could find) in her cage and she loves to lay on it. Never seen her chew on it. I actually have the smooth side up. It’s funny to watch B slide her front paws out forward so she streches out with her belly on it. Very cute how she does it. She also sometimes does the side flop onto it also. She cracks me up when she starts with these cute things!!

FYI I also put her covered ice bottle on top of it on hot days and it helps cool the tile even more.

• bitterepiphany
                    Participant
                    68 posts Send Private Message

We’ve discovered that Meco loves to lie on corningware

I had toast last night while I was cutting the fleece for the bottom of her cage and had left the empty plate on the floor. She licked up the crumbs and then plopped herself on top of it.

• ilovemylittleman
                      Participant
                      57 posts Send Private Message

Little Man has a register in his enclosed area(he likes to lay on it too) so I don’t worry too much about laying on cool surfaces…. I did buy him some mats at the dollar store though. They are cheapo made-in-china shag rug floormats. He likes to lay on them and chews, pulls, and digs at them. It keeps the rest of our carpet safe anyway.

• Alicia Conklin
                        Participant
                        721 posts Send Private Message

The bottom of our condos is stick on tiles and Drue loves to lay on that.  Tucker doesn’t seem to like it AT ALL and she always sleeps/lounges on blankets/towels/rugs or cardboard.  She doesn’t really do anything on the bottom floor except use the litter box or chew on her tunnel.  I guess she doesn’t like the chill of the tiles. 

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant
                          4293 posts Send Private Message

Natural slate tile – my bunnies are spoiled rotten. LOL I’ve also use granite tile bottom-side up for traction however I have found that the softer slate helps prevent sore hocks that Daffodil is prone to.

• wendyzski
                            Participant
                            1312 posts Send Private Message

I have ceramic tile floors in my kitchen and Pepper adores them when it’s warm. The rest of the time she prefers carpet – either the living room rug or the throw rug at the end of the hall outside my bedroom door (where she can see what’s going on)

• mvmdlg
                              Participant
                              38 posts Send Private Message

shadow like tile, or just laying on the wood flooring we have all around and the bricks in front of the fireplace.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS ‘Lay-Out’ Surfaces