Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Large hay containers?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jen
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions involving large hay containers? Having trouble finding one.

• Bladesmith
        Participant
        849 posts Send Private Message

Are you talking about for storage?

• Jen
          Participant

Yeah I am, currently keeping it in the bag

• Bunny House
            Participant
            1241 posts Send Private Message

You can go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy big storage tubs to put the hay in, they are fairly cheap and last forever. I order a big box from oxbow so mine stays in the bag in the box in their closet.

• Jen
              Participant

I live in Sweden so we don’t have those here, id have to buy one from online but are there any recommendations? Don’t want to end up buying one too small

• Bunny House
                Participant
                1241 posts Send Private Message

How many pounds of hay do you usually buy at a time? I don’t know if you have Walmart but something like this size if you can find online to ship to you. I’m not good at saying what size a tub you should buy per pound of hay but I would say this would be good for 10 pounds or even 20 pounds if it is compressed of hay https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18-Gal-68-L-Tote-Box-Fuchsia-Burst-Available-in-a-Case-of-8-or-Single-Unit/49533209

• Bam
                  16872 posts Send Private Message

II’m from Sweden (Skåne). IKEA is probably your best bet. Otherwise maybe a storage box for garden furniture cushions would work? Harald Nyborg, Bauhaus, Hornbach etc would be places where you’d find those.

When I got a small bale (12-13 kg), it filled 4.5 black plastic bags when I unpacked it, but it was very fresh so it needed to be packed loosely. Hay requires rather a lot of space, I mean, if your looking to store a whole bale.

You could try charity shops like Erikshjälpen or Pingstkyrkan etc, that sell used furniture. You can make old things pretty with some paint etc.

• Bladesmith
                    Participant
                    849 posts Send Private Message

Yep, large plastic storage tubs are the way to go. I get 40# (18 kg) compressed bales, cut the straps off and store it in a huge plastic bin. Keeps it fresh and easily accessible. Course, when Clover was alive, I had to keep taking her OUT of the bin when I opened up to add new hay, because she preferred to do her own shopping….

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Large hay containers?