Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Kitchen sink always blocks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
      Blocked
      103 posts Send Private Message

I live in a Council property and the pluming is terrible and has been for years. The kitchen sink is always getting blocked, I don’t pour fat down it or anything like that and the U bend is always clear when I check it so the blockage happens further down. I also get no hot water in the kitchen I only get hot water in the bathroom and its been like this for years because the council don’t want to spend money to sort it out. They normally come around and unblock the pipe but its only ever temporary because the piping would be hard and expensive to renew. Having no hot water in the kitchen adds to the problem.

I could fix the problem myself by fitting a new pipe and running it from the hot water pipe in the bathroom into the kitchen to the tap then isolate the old pipe then for drainage maybe I can buy a long waste pipe and have it going through the bathroom wall and connect it to the toilet pipe somehow. This would sort the problem, the council wont do it but I could.

I could go down some legal routes to get the council to fix the problem once and for all but there is an issue with this. Last year the council received a grant to rip out kitchens and bathrooms and fit new ones “no mention of fitting a decent pluming system tho” Anyway they showed me this booklet of there new bathrooms and kitchens and they all looked cheap, plain and soulless. I have a Victorian kitchen and bathroom with nice old tiles, old Victorian bath taps and very nice old bits in general that a lot of people would pay good money for. I don’t want the council ripping all that out for some cheap modern rubbish so they kinda have me by the balls if take the issue of the repair above to far because I could end up shooting myself in the foot.

What would you do in this situation?

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know what parameters there are in Council residences, but would they be agreeable to outside consultation from a plumber/contractor and rather than you doing it, you pay a third party (who you trust after consulting) to help you find a longer term fix?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
          Blocked
          103 posts Send Private Message

Any outside construction would have to be done by the council. Legally a contractor would not be able to do any outside construction without the councils permission. Work can be done from inside the property with no issues. I could hire a plumber to do the work then charge the council although not straight forward because I still have to go down legal paths to cover myself which then brings me back to square one of them wanting to rip things out. I’m quite skilled with things and I’ve done a bit of plumbing before all I’ve got to do is re-route the waste pipe from the kitchen sink and piggy back a pipe from the hot water pipe from the bathroom.

• Bam
            16877 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry you’re having this problem! It seems it’s about old plumbing. If that’s not seen too (which is extremely expensive and involves the whole building), they can renovate the kitchen all they want, it wont take care of the problem.

I dont think home insurance will cover water damage if you do indoors plumbing yourself and something goes awry, not necessarily in your flat or through any fault of yours, but I’m not sure how that works in the UK.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Kitchen sink always blocks