Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Kinds of carpets/rugs

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

I got x-pens for my buns BUT I have hard wood floors and they slip and slide on it so I’m looking for some kind of carpet/rug. What would you all suggest?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

Untreated cotton is considered “safe” as long as the rabbit isn’t regularly consuming it. I know many people opt for fleece stuff as well because rabbits tend to chew but not eat it (my observation from my Fable, who is a big chewer as well). I don’t know if fleece is specifically OK to break down in their stomach or not, but I know cotton is usually well tolerated.

Timothy and sea grass mats can be both engaging and provide traction. Depending on how slippy your floors are, you might consider getting a large sheet of cardboard to put down first, and that can provide a good amount of traction so things on top don’t slip around. It can also be an added measure to protect your floor, though once it’s peed on, you can’t really clean it.

Low-ply/very tightly woven carpet squares could be good too. You can cut them to size, and my recommendation is always to cut them so they go beyond the pen wall a bit. Rabbits who are chewers (like my Fable) can get attracted to chewing and pulling the carpet squares since they have rubber bottoms and I assume it’s fun to unravel them, haha. So it’s important sides aren’t exposed and they all fit together nicely. In terms of the material, I haven’t been as observant because, since it’s so tight/low-ply, there’s no way for her to bite down and pull out carpet strands to eat (like my apartment carpet…)

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Kinds of carpets/rugs