Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Kaytee Treats

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • TatertotBabel
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

My dad has brought me these treats for my bunny, and I don’t wanna waste them. I’m just wondering if they’re safe to eat because I heard a lot of backlash about the company Kaytee.

Forti Diet Healthy Bits Treats

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

It’s not inherently toxic, but it definitely is on the “junk food” end of treats and may cause GI issues for a rabbit who may have a more sensitive stomach. I understand not wanting to waste them, but ultimately your dad already spent the money so whether or not you use them doesn’t change that fact (unless you can return them!). I personally would not feed these and instead give a couple pellets as “treats” instead.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
          Participant
          300 posts Send Private Message

Those treats would be great for hamster if you or someone you know has a hamster or hamsters. I wouldn’t give them to rabbits though as it contains lots of seeds which rabbits should not eat.

• BZOO
            Participant
            327 posts Send Private Message

Also, you can chuck them outside for the birds.

Be sure to tell dad thanks for the thought!😁

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

I ditto what others have said.  You could save this just for a treat– like a little pinch, but not as his main pellet.  🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Kaytee Treats