Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Just loving my new bun!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Picksgirl
      Participant
      23 posts Send Private Message

It’s only been a week since Comet came to live with me and I can’t believe how much in love with him I am!  He’s such a big softie; loves cuddles and pets and will let me love him as much as I want.  He lays his head on my shoulder and will fall asleep while I pet his head and cheeks.  He was grinding teeth at one point too which I know means he’s loving it!  I introduced Lexi (my german shepherd) to her face to face tonite and Lexi LOVES him!  She licked Comet a few times and just kept poking her nose all around his face and ears.  Comet seems to like the dog no problem; doesn’t shy away from Lexi at all, lets Lexi nudge him and lick him!

I am sure glad I learned as much as I did about caring for rabbits before I got Comet.  If I didn’t know as much as I do know about bunnies, I would not be able to enjoy Comet as much as I do.  I have to admit though, you can do as much research as you want but there is still so much to learn when you finally get to learn with hands on experience.

Do you think a single sized bed mattress with a protective plastic sheet then a cotton or flannel sheet would make a good floor for a cage built with those wire grid cubes?  Then when I need to do a good cage cleaning all I would have to do is lift his cage up and take all the things out of his cage, take off sheet to shake outside to get the hay off then toss in washing machine, then disinfect the plastic sheet and give it a vinegar wipedown then replace sheet and the bottom cage flooring is as good as new.  I think that might be easier than trying to vacuum up all the hay; which did not work out so well for my vacuum cleaner earlier today.  lol 

1101357786571.jpg

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Aw cute picture. Of course, always be careful with dogs and rabbits. Sometimes, a particular movement in a rabbit do can incite a predator instinct in many dogs, and I have heard of too many heartbreaking stories – so I feel I must warn you to be careful. (i have also seen wonderful gentle loving dogs who wouldn’t hurt a fly and will cuddle with a bunny all day long) So, since this relationship is still so new, just take time to trust it.

The mattress as a floor is a novel idea, and I think it will be very compfy!  You will need to watch to see if your bunny ends up being a chewer, and chews through the sheet and the plastic. This could happen especially if the sheet and plastic bunch up in places. So keep an eye on it. Having a couple of sheets to rotate will make it easier to clean without your bunny having to wait.

Regarding cleaning up hay: Regular vacuums really have a hard time with it. I have much better results with shopvacs. You still have to unclog them every once in awhile, but I find it much easier.   However, if this sheet method works for you, then you won’t need it anyway – plus the sheet would end up getting caught on a vacuum anyway.

Keep us updated about how this flooring method works for you.

• 5cats1bun
          Participant
          240 posts Send Private Message

oh that’s so great! I’m happy for you. I’m still nervous with my cats around my buns,3 are just plain scared of them the other 2 I’m not sure. So kudos to you!!!

• MsBinky
            Participant
            62 posts Send Private Message

My only problem with that is the NIC grids get quite heavy quickly. Lol. Would you have help to lift it? Sounds like you have one spoiled bunny!!! Hehehe. Make sure my buns don’t hear that, especially Princess Dahlia as she will give me attitude for it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Just loving my new bun!