Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE June Chat

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
    • Q8bunny
      Participant
      6345 posts Send Private Message

It’s not REALLY June, is it?

Discuss in 3 to 5 paragraphs. 😋

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

It can’t be! Not possible.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hazel
          Participant
          2587 posts Send Private Message

It’s not. That’s my theory anyway.

(I’ve been watching too much Dark lately, all that time travelling is very confusing 😛 )

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

It feels like August here. Normal temps for early June is low 80s. It’s been close to 100 F all week. I bought a new bike and I haven’t even used it yet. It’s just so hot!

• Q8bunny
              Participant

I’m astonished by how easily it goes from autumn temps at night to crazy hot summer during the day (hence all the storms here)

• Bam
                16871 posts Send Private Message

I love that there’s daylight until past 10 pm now and for a few weeks more! It’s not very warm here but that’s normal for June.

• Louiethebunny
                  Participant
                  603 posts Send Private Message

I love that it isn’t dark at 4 pm here anymore, but since the sun wakes up earlier, Louie wakes up with the sun to get me up in the morning.

• Chris
                    Participant
                    2 posts Send Private Message

It was 96 yesterday here in northern Utah; 75 today with thunderstorms; high of 56 tomorrow! Phoebe shot off from her litter box into her couch cave once or twice early this morning when the winds got super strong and startled her.

• jerseygirl
                      22342 posts Send Private Message

Kinda chilly here in Australia- though nothing like you northerners experience in your autumn/winters. 😄

This year so far…yikes.  Do you remember when the Queen called a year an “annus horribilus” ??  Can we just call this one a semi-annus horribilis or whatever and be done with it already?

That said, there are definitely a lot of things I’m grateful for. But who could have thought 2020 was going to look like this!

• LBJ10

It’s supposed to cool down next week. I can’t wait!

Jersey – I keep thinking OMG, it’s June! Where did half of the year go?

• Q8bunny
                          Participant

The heatwave broke for us last night. It’s gloriously chilly this morning and Choo and i are snuggling under a quilt ☺️

• Hazel
                            Participant

It’s so hot here!

Q8, are you still in touch with Vienna? If so I hope you’re bringing her back here with you!

• Q8bunny
                              Participant

We’ve always been in touch – like, almost daily… although she lost both Henry and Zou 😞 But she’s fostering a new bun now, Poppy, and still has her crazy doggo and her cat.

• Hazel
                                Participant

Oh no, that’s so sad she lost them both 😥  I hope she’ll join us here before too long.

• LBJ10

Q8 – I hope she comes back. 🙁

Ugh… the heat just keeps on going and going… I’m not going to be happy next week. I will have to be outside. Bleh. Has anyone been working from home? How is you bunny (or bunnies) handling it? You always see pictures of people’s cats and dogs reacting to their humans working at home. Never bunnies though.

• Louiethebunny
                                    Participant

I’ve been doing school from home, but this time period is when I adopted my bun, our one month gotcha day anniversary was just three days ago, so Louie is pretty used to me always being around. When I have to start going back to school I’ll probably set up a pet cam so I can check on him more often, I wonder how he’ll adjust to me being gone. He sleeps most of the day, so I assume he’ll be pretty mellow. This week has been our most exciting week with Louie so far. He’s explored almost the entire space we share (my spacious bedroom). The room is pretty large, so my family is on edge of whether or not he should free roam it, there’s lots of space for him to get into trouble. This week he learned how to escape his xpen, how to jump onto my bed, how to jump onto chairs, and how to escape into our furnace room. He also learned how to hop onto the drawers of my armoire. Lucky for us, we live in a pretty mild place weather-wise. It’s still rainy and cloudy here. On the rare sunny days, Louie sits by the sliding glass door and flops, basking in the sun. This little guy is a sassy ball of trouble, so excited for more fun times with him.

• jerseygirl
                                      22342 posts Send Private Message

I’m kinda jealous. I’d love to be getting to know a new furbaby through out this time. I’m home all the time (out of work since covid) and my 3 buns are not reacting positively or negatively to it really. They’ve had to put up with some more cuddles though…

I won’t lie, I’ve been stalking some cat rescue pages with the thought of fostering some more kittens. Kitten season is over here but there are still some coming in. But then I remember how much the ones in November cost me and put the idea on the back burner. 😕

• Louiethebunny
                                        Participant

Even though I don’t have time for a second bunny or pet, I still find myself growing Petfinder and shelters near me for cute bunnies. I would love to get my bun a friend but a second bunny is a big commitment with the bonding and doubles in price and space. Maybe in the future, but it is so hard to resist their cute little faces. Knowing I gave a shelter bunny a home is so satisfying! Once I became a crazy bunny mom, it’s a never-ending loop of stalking bunnies near me.

• LBJ10

Yes, this would have been a really good time to bring a new animal home. It just wasn’t working for us, unfortunately. 😐

I have been looking at dogs too, but I doubt that is going to happen. LOL I really miss having a dog though. They are an excellent excuse to go for walks, etc.

• Hazel
                                            Participant

Business is slow but I’m back to working a couple of days per week. I hate it though, it’s so hot. Oscar doesn’t seem to care one way or the other.

• LBJ10

Hazel – Same here. I guess I’m just not that important…..

Who am I kidding? I was never that important!

I will be out and about this week. There is field work to be done. It’s supposed to be hot, sunny and breezy. Not looking forward to it. I’m not really sure what happened. May was unseasonably cold and wet… then BAM! It’s been nearly 100 degrees almost every day since June 1. The weather has been so weird this year.

• Q8bunny
                                                Participant

My firm was deemed essential so I never stopped going to work daily since all this started. I kind of wish I’d had a chance to at least work some days from home, since the stress of it all is taking a toll, but such is life.

My new foster came on Saturday morning, so I’m glad I had the weekend of nice weather to just hang out with her and calm Chewbacca down. 😂

• DanaNM

Oh Chewie! Lol I can just imagine him flipping out. Hopefully he will realize the world isn’t ending and she isn’t so bad. I saw her on insta, she is gorgeous! I don’t know how anybun could resist her. 😉

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10

A new foster? Exciting!

You know, we haven’t really done much of anything these last few months. I keep thinking about all of the things we had planned for the year. We were supposed to take a trip in September, but that was canceled. There were plans to visit several state parks and go hiking, but we never went. I bought a brand new bike in March and I haven’t even ridden it yet. First it was ridiculously cold, then ridiculously hot… but I’m also lazy, so there’s that. Gosh, I just don’t know what’s wrong with me.

The most exciting thing that has happened this year: A pair of ducks kept coming to our yard to take naps during the day. 😐

Anyone else in a slump?

• BrunosMama
                                                      Participant
                                                      1485 posts Send Private Message

Hellloooooo everyone!

I’m so excited the forums are back up and running! I missed everyone. 🙂

A LOT has changed since I was last here (has it been 2 or 3 years since things went down? I know it’s been awhile!)

For starters, I got divorced from my husband about 2 years ago. It was for the better, as he was not healthy for me.

I graduated in 2019 with a certificate in 2D animation (I had been pursuing my Bachelors, but messed up my financial aid when my mom passed away and I had to take some time off). However, in Fall 2019, I started back to school to finish my Bachelors at the Savannah College of Art and Design online. I switched majors to Sequential Art, which covers a wide variety of visual story telling, but can be most closely summed up as comics lol. I transferred in a lot of credits and finished Spring quarter this year as a Junior. 🙂

I have been dating a great fella named Chris. He is a super positive influence in my life and has been a great bf. He is head over heels in love with the buns!

Speaking of buns, the most important update! I am down to 3 buns and 3 cats. Caesar is now 8, Hazel is 7, and Backers is 6. Caesar lost his mate, Roxie, over the winter. They had been bonded for 7 years. I was worried how he would do on his own, but he is doing fantastic! Hazel and Backers are bonded now and live free range. Caesar has horrible eye sight now, so he lives in an xpen, but gets to play in the kitchen. My oldest cat, Dinah, is almost 15 now. Then I have 2 gingers, Kyo and Julius, who are 2 and 1, respectively.

Life can change a lot in a couple years, but I am happy to say, mine has improved significantly! 🙂

I am fortunate and have not been terribly affected by all this virus craziness. I already did online schooling and I am on disability, so not too much has changed. The buns seem as indifferent about my presence as always! lol!

@LBJ10
                                                        I totally agree with the slump and where did spring go?! It cant be this hot already, but wait….its almost the end of June?! When did that happen!
                                                        <p id=”yiv7325953437yMail_cursorElementTracker_1592685615508″>I was going to post pics of the critters, but it says I’m not allowed to add pictures. Help?</p>

• Hazel
                                                        Participant

Hi BM, it’s good to hear from you! 🙂  Sounds like a lot has changed for you, I’m glad things are going well! I’m sorry to hear about Roxie, but it’s good that Caesar is doing fine on his own. I feel the same way about the whole quarantine thing, the hubbby and I are terrible homebodies, turns out our regular life isn’t that different from quarantine 😆

If you add your pictures to your profile first, you should be able to add them to your posts. 🙂

• LBJ10

Hi BrunosMama! Yeah, I guess you were gone for awhile before the forum update. The forum itself was down for about a year, but you had left before April 2019. It’s so good to see you again! Lot’s of things have changed, but it sounds like they were mostly good changes. I’m sorry to hear about Roxie though. It’s so hard when our pets start to get old.

I’ve been working from home, so I think that adds to the confusion on how much time has gone by. Suddenly it’s summer and time to start fieldwork! I’m still going to be working from home for awhile, but I have started venturing out more to do fieldwork when weather allows. It’s hard to believe the 4th of July is almost here. We’re pretty sure it’s going to be WWIII around here since the city celebration event was canceled. I think that will be the case in many cities though, especially if they allow personal fireworks.

• Hazel
                                                            Participant

LBJ: People here are already shooting off fireworks at night, the fourth will be nuts. Not really looking forward to it.

I’m so mad at myself. I got my phone wet. Trying to dry it out now, I just hope it will still work. Whyyy… 😥

• Bam
                                                              16871 posts Send Private Message

Fingers crossed it dries, Hazel! I got my phone wet a couple days ago. Not very wet, but I got the moisture warning and couldnt charge it. Apparently you’re supposed to dry it standing up. (I e the phone standing up 🤣) I propped mine up so it stood on its short end and it did dry.

• Hazel
                                                                Participant

Oh no, is yours working again? 🙁  Mine didn’t get very wet either, it just fell were there was barely any water at all, I thought just the case got wet on the outside. It was acting fine, and being the dummy that I am I wiped it off and kept using it. I don’t know what I was thinking. Anyway, after a couple of hours it finally started to act wonky. Took it apart as much as possible and put it in a bag with silica gel beads. It’s recommended to keep it in there for 48 hours, but I think I will just leave it for a week. Thanks for the standing up tip! 🙂  (glad it just applies to the phone, otherwise it would be a looong week 😆 )

• LBJ10

My moisture warning comes on all the time. I guess I shouldn’t put my phone in my pocket when it’s raining. I remember the old smart phones that were pretty much ruined if they got wet. My husband managed to go into the ocean with his phone in his pocket. The phone would overheat and you could no longer charge the battery long after everything was dried out. Flip phones though, you could drop those in the toilet and then put them in a bag of rice no problem!

• Hazel
                                                                    Participant

My phone doesn’t even have a “moisture warning” feature. 😆  It’s from 2016, I guess that makes it “old”. I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I’ll give it a try on Tuesday.

• LBJ10

I can’t remember which year they started waterproofing phones more. I thought it was before 2016 though. The charging ports were most vulnerable. If water got in there, it would short it out. This is why my husband’s phone wouldn’t charge even though the phone dried out for like a week. It was salt water though too. We were barely able to get stuff transferred off the phone because it was overheating and the battery was practically dead. Newer phones aren’t as bad. If they get wet, most have a warning that pops up telling you to not charge the phone until it’s dry. The fancier ones can be submerged in water for awhile before damage occurs. For example, the iPhone 11 can be submerged in 4 meters of water for up to 30 minutes (according to the website).

• Hazel
                                                                        Participant

I’m not sure if my phone has anything to make it more water proof than older phones, but my guess is no, since I never even got a moisture warning. If it ends up dead I will make sure my next phone has at least some water protection (that iPhone 11 sounds pretty much indestructible 😀 ) We don’t have a contract so I’ll have to pay for the phone myself. Can’t really complain much though, since we got these phones for free.

That’s too bad about your hubby’s phone. Did you have to pay for a new one?

• LBJ10
                                                                          Moderator

This was a few years ago and yes I had to buy him a new phone. I bought a used one off of ebay first, then got him a iPhone Xs later.

• Maxx&RubysMom
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            4 posts Send Private Message

Hello I’m new to the bb forums and not sure where to ask this but I have two (12 wk old tomorrow) Holland lops, a female and male (Ruby and Maxx) my make is getting neutered tomorrow and they have been together dense birth, I’ve noticed some mounting mostly her mounting him he’s much smaller than her but my vet is urging me not to separate them.. any advice should I separate and re bond after she is spayed  ? Vet says no she’s too young to breed but he has mounted her a few times in retaliation (that I’ve og course stopped) and then they’re back to snuggle buns 🤷‍♀️ Help!! Maxx hoes tomorrow and I’m freaking out 😅

• DanaNM
                                                                              Moderator

Hi Maxx&RubysMom, welcome!

I see you have already gotten some advice on your own thread. 🙂 It’s best to always start a new thread with your question so things don’t get confusing. Just mentioning it here so folks on this thread know you are already getting help.

• Hazel
                                                                                Participant

Trying out the phone tomorrow, hopefully it will work.

Does anyone have an idea how to keep cats out of one’s backyard? My neighbor’s cat won’t stay away and Otis has come within a foot of it a couple of times when it popped up unexpectedly. I’m not sure what exactly Otis would do to it, but he seems highly motivated to do “something” whenever he sees it. One day it won’t turn out so well for that cat I’m afraid.

• LBJ10
                                                                                  Moderator

A motion activated sprinkler? Those are quite effective. It depends on whether or not Otis would mind though.

• Hazel
                                                                                    Participant

Yeah that would probably work, unfortunately I can’t hook up the hose in the backyard, I’d have to run it from the side of the house across the driveway and into the yard. 🙁  I might try one of those ultrasonic repellers.

• LBJ10
                                                                                      Moderator

Oh gosh! It’s July! New thread time!

Viewing 40 reply threads
                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE June Chat