Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat

This topic contains 391sd replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Azerane 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 392 total)
  • Author

Can’t find a “June chat” posting yet, so here it is…. “chat chat chat chat chat chat chat…. chitter chitter chat chat chat !”

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

June already? Wow!

Hazel
    Participant

Vienna, I forgot to ask before, what kind of lens do you use with your D5200? My camera is supposed to be here Friday, can’t wait!

LBJ10

It’s June! WTH happened to May? And April for that matter!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Hey! Where did the year go?

Two more to go, two more to go… *chants her retirement countdown mantra*

Bam

May was lovely here. Today is a lovely day, but the dog thinks it’s too hot.

Azerane

Getting too cold here Really hard to believe that it’s already June though, this year has really just flown by. I suppose a lot has happened for me though. Looking forward to Friday and the end of the work week tomorrow.

Bam

It’s so weird, it’s like it’d soon be Christmas in Aussie, only it won’t beacuse you have Christmas in the summer =D

BellaRabbit
    Participant

The U.K. had a weekend of sun and now the rain has started again , I think our summer is over already ha ha

Floods in France …

Hazel – mine came with a 18-105 lens. 105 zoom brings you pretty much up to naked eye size…. my friend looking through it once trying to identify a tiny duck at the other end of a lake said…. “whtat! what’s the point in carrying around a huge heavy thing like this if it doesn’t ‘really’ zoom !! LOL
    She’s not a photographer !! LOL

cinnybun2015
    Participant

Way too hot where I live. It’s just sun, sun, sun all day. I don’t like to turn on central air until I absolutely need it, but I’m thinking I’ll need to turn it on here soon….

cinnybun2015
    Participant

Chomondeley, being the ever-dramatic bunny he is, decides to flop (dramatically, of course) on all the hard and cool surfaces in my house, making me freak out whenever I see him on his side on the kitchen floor. he looks dead to the point of worry for me!! I blended some lettuce and water and froze that into an ice cube, which he tentatively licked. It melted quickly and he was left staring at me in confusion and sadness that his cold treat was gone.

LPT – CONGRATS !!!! 14,000 posts !!! Woooow – that’s some forum contribution !!!!!!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

*Crooked Beak Update*

Well her wounds are doing good with healing-no infection yet. It’s been eleven days since the incident. She’s been pecking herself (her feathers are growing in, so that’s part of the reason) though, which is causing her more trouble than what she already had. We had to make a hen saddle for her so that she couldn’t get to herself as easily. 

I have pictures for you guys, but our computer is being SOO slow, and isn’t letting me access pictures or documents. I hope it’s not getting a virus.  Hopefully the pictures will show up:

Crooked Beak’s new “clothes”. The roosters are the ones who made some of her feathers fall out on her head (they hold themselves still so they don’t fall off the hen by grabbing the neck feathers in their beak) Luckily we rehomed several of the roosters, and her feathers are growing back. You can’t tell in the picture though.

Her lovely face:

You can really see how her beak is crooked in the next pic 

LBJ10

Aww, look at her Moxie! LOL, chicken clothes!

That is one VERY crooked beak. Was she a heavyweight boxer in her previous life? LOL

I have a question re pussy cats’ feet – and really swollen pads.
    I’ve just ‘met’ a lovely friendly skinny ginger tom a few streets away who was limping quite badly. I first thought he maybe had deformed back legs but he let me lift his leg up gently to see underneath his feet and his big centre pad and one little toe pad are waaaay too enflammed…. and the other back pad was the same, poor thing, no wonder he was limping!.

Anyone know what this could be or could be due to? I don’t know if he ‘belongs’ to anyone or if he’s a street cat… but he’s very friendly and is obviously in pain.

Re swollen cat footpads….. Found this thanks to Dr MacPete.

What is feline plasma cell pododermatitis?

Plasma cell pododermatitis (a mouthful, I know) is an inflammatory disease that affects the footpads of cats. The pads become infiltrated by plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. What are plasma cells? They’re immune cells that would normally secrete antibodies in response to an infection.

Who is affected by feline plasma cell pododermatitis?
    Feline plasma cell pododermatitis can affect any age, gender, or breed of cat. Luckily it is an uncommon, dermatological disease.

Symptoms of feline plasma cell pododermatitis
    Pododermatitis can affect any footpad, but most commonly it involves the large or central pad of the front or back feet (called the metacarpal or metatarsal pads). Generally, all four feet are affected, but occasionally a cat will have only one affected foot.

Affected pads are typically:

• Swollen
    • Soft
    • Scaly
    • Ulcerated
    • Quick to bleed.

The pads might then become painful and cause your cat to limp. Cats with feline plasma cell pododermatitis also often lick or chew at their feet.

Cause of feline plasma cell pododermatitis
    The exact cause of feline plasma cell pododermatitis is unknown. Many veterinary dermatologists believe it is immune mediated or an allergic reaction. Some recent reports suggest feline plasma cell pododermatitis may be linked to feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). However, the exact relationship between FIV and feline plasma cell pododermatitis still remains unknown.

cinnybun2015
    Participant

Aww, poor kitty! Is he okay?

Don’t know Cinnybun, I passed him on the street…. I’ll be passing by again tonight (with secateurs…. ) so I’ll keep an eye out for him.

cinnybun2015
    Participant

Okay. Well, keep us posted. Poor guy.

LBJ10

It is thought to be linked to FIV. I’m assuming he’s a boy since he’s a ginger/orange cat (commonly male, but not always). Unneutered males are at highest risk of FIV because they fight (claw and bite) each other.

Azerane

Went for a really nice hike this morning with my husband, nice and sunny and saw lots of birds, including some brown quail which is were great to see. I also managed to do some foraging for the parrot while we were there, found some nice pine cones and a couple of native seed pods which can be used as foot and foraging toys. I’ve just finished up washing and drying them

Ahhh Azerane, that sounds really nice….!
    Me? I’ve just got up (a shameless 11am!) listening to Graham Norton on Radio2 and chilling in a cold 15°, overcast and storm-threatening northern France….. and it’s Lille Gaypride this arvo always a great atmosphere, happy people and great photographs

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

15 Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Azerane

Was about 12 Celsius on our walk this morning. Seems cold when you get up, but absolutely perfect temperature for hiking

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.