Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Jingles has renal/kidney failure

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sarita
      Participant
      18851 posts Send Private Message

My vet called last night after she did bloodwork on him and his BUN/Creatin levels were extremely high.  She said basically the fluids have been keeping him going.

I’m going to help him cross the Bridge today…please light a candle for him.

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

OH, Sarita, I’m so sorry. You’re doing the loving thing for Jingles.

{{{{{{{{{Swift and gentle passage over the Rainbow Bridge, Jingles.}}}}}}}}}}}

Hugs for you, Sarita.

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Sarita, I’m sorry to hear of this. You’ve a heart of gold!

Jingles, go lightly, peacefully and be free!

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

I haven’t been here in awhile so I am so sorry to hear about Jingles.  I’m so glad you are there for him and make such a kind decision.  Take care. 

• GHbun
              Participant
              158 posts Send Private Message

I know your heart is breaking. Be strong as you face this last act of love. Our thoughts are with you.

• bunnyluvr
                Participant
                409 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry you have to go through this but it is the right thing to do for Jingles. Binky free Jingles!

• KatnipCrzy
                  Participant
                  2981 posts Send Private Message

Sarita, I am so sorry.  My thoughts are with you.  You are putting your bunnies needs first before yours, a bunny could not ask for anything more.

• Sage Cat
                    Participant
                    1883 posts Send Private Message

It is such a hard decision to make – but you will be with him & he will be free!
                      I am so sorry.

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

oh Sarita! i am so sorry to hear this. we were all very hopeful that everything was going to be okay…

Jingles, your mama loves you so much so she’s gonna do what is best for you…

*hugs!*

• kralspace
                        Participant
                        2663 posts Send Private Message

oh no Sarita, I’m so sorry to hear about Jingles, I know you did everything possible including the final kindness….

here’s a candle for the both of you

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=7077085

whisker kisses and bunny hugs, Kathy and the furballs

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

Oh Sarita *BIG HUGS*

I’m so sorry! You’re doing what’s best for Jingles and that takes a big heart.

Binky free Jingles

I lit a candle for him
                            http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/personalcandle.php?ID=74708

• bunnytowne
                            Participant
                            7537 posts Send Private Message

oH nooo.   That is such a painful decision.  I am sure Jingles will appreciate moving over to the bunny bridge.  HE must be feeling terrible. I know you have to be hurting too.  May you have the peace  to get through this and Jingles too.  Jingles will be at peace.  Thats what is important. No matter how much it hurts you ,  you know you are doing the right thing. Putting your buns welfare first. He needs that.

Making that decision for Laith hurt.  It was so hard.  I understand how hard it is to see them go. I am sending you peace and strength vibes.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                              Participant
                              2517 posts Send Private Message

Aw. <333333

• BunMumTiff
                                Participant
                                241 posts Send Private Message

aww I am so sorry, may Jingles binky free……hugs for you

• bunnytowne
                                  Participant
                                  7537 posts Send Private Message

Sarita how are you holding up?  I know people who dont’ have pets think it was only a ….   But I know how painful it can be to lose them  so do others here on bb.   Unfortunately it is a part of life moving onto the meadows and  gardens. 

Let us hear from you Do you have other pets?

• Beka27
                                    Participant
                                    16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m still thinking of you…

• BUNNYFOOFOO823
                                      Participant
                                      104 posts Send Private Message

Sarita,

I am so sorry for this awful decision you have been asked to make, only God knows why he chooses to take our little loved ones so soon, perhaps he too loves them so and wishes for their company as much as we do. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be strong, know that you made the right choice for Jingles and that he is now binkying free at the rainbow bridge.

<3

Marilu

• Lisa_43
                                        Participant
                                        1499 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about Jingles Sarita. It’s so nice that he has you to help him cross the rainbow bridge.

I will light a candle.

• Sarita
                                          Participant
                                          18851 posts Send Private Message

Thank everyone for your support. It was very difficult. Even though you know you did the right thing, it’s still hard. We are lucky that we can do this for our beloved pets, so I am grateful for that.

The hard thing is that he was a large rabbit and while I couldn’t see his weight loss I did begin to feel his bones. Also he seemed okay to me despite the fact he wasn’t eating but the vet assured me he was a very sick rabbit and she would never had suggested this unless she felt he had a chance.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                            Participant

{{ SARITA }}

• wendyzski
                                              Participant
                                              1312 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss.  THank you for having the strength to do what he needed.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                18092 posts Send Private Message

My heartfelt condolences to you, Sarita.

• Cassi&Charlie
                                                  Participant
                                                  1260 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear this Sarita.
                                                    Binky free Jingles.
                                                    I’ll light a candle for him.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm

• KatnipCrzy
                                                    Participant
                                                    2981 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss.

Julie

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                      Participant
                                                      4293 posts Send Private Message

On no, how very sad.  I hope it is O.K. that I wanted to light another candle.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=7087346

• Lisa_43
                                                        Participant
                                                        1499 posts Send Private Message

I also lit a candle.   (((((((((((((Sarita))))))))))) Thinking of you at this sad time.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm

• BinkyBunny
                                                          8776 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss Sarita. I know your love helped comfort him as he traveled to the rainbow bridge. He is at peace now.

HUGS!!

• skunklionshow
                                                            Participant
                                                            1257 posts Send Private Message

Sarita:  You have always been such a wise and wonderful bunny mama, not just for yours, but for all of ours.  I agree that we should take comfort in being able to make this decision for our pets and give them an option for a peaceful passing.  Love and bunny licks from Leo & Jessica.  Continue to be strong, comfortably/appropriately strong.

Renal disease is difficult.  You reach a point where all you can do is fluids, all the time.  My Wolfgang (cat) was diagnosed w/ early kidney disease.  We are treating it holistically w/ mostly supplements & dietary changes.  But the thought that one day he will need regular fluids always crosses my mind.  It seems like it just creeps up on you.

• laylalover
                                                              Participant
                                                              52 posts Send Private Message

Binky Free Jingles. I just lost my bun, and it’s a terribly sad process – but we are blessed to be loved by such wonderful creatures. Be strong in knowing that you are doing the right thing for Jingles, he knows and loves you for it!

• MooBunnay
                                                                Participant
                                                                3087 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about Jingles, I know that it was definitely the best thing for him, I hope that you are doing OK. I will say a prayer for both you and Jingles, I know that he is up in heaven with my little bunny Teeny Baby that passed away and they are probably having lots of fun together!

• MimzMum
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh Sarita, I am so sorry I am only coming to this post now, I had no idea. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((((((((((((((((Sarita & Jingles)))))))))))))))) God Bless you both!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                    Participant

Sarita how are you doing? *HUGS*

• Binkles
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      823 posts Send Private Message

I haven’t been on in a while, but I saw this thread and had to post..

I’m so sorry for your loss, Sarita. My thoughts and prayers are with you….and with Jingles. But Jingles is with Binkles now…perhaps they will go nibble on a carrot together next to a cool stream today.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                        Participant

Spacehopper sent me an email, she’s not on BB lately as her computer at home is broken, but she sends *hugs* to you Sarita and calm feelings.

• bunnymama
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          161 posts Send Private Message

Sarita — so sorry to hear of your loss…..hope you are holding up okay……Jingles is in Bunny Heaven now…..peace to you…..

Viewing 34 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Jingles has renal/kidney failure