Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE It’s time to say where the buns came from

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

I know that this will probably get a lot of you guys angry and you’ll probably judge me harshly and I know this may be a mistake but I want to talk about where Blossom and Thumper came from, if that’s alright.

First though a bit of a backstory. Ever since I was little I wanted a pet rabbit and I was always told “no” and the reasons given were a lot of the same misconception that still surrounds some rabbits and my parents thought that we would have to keep a rabbit outside and there was a good chance that it would’ve died from one of the many predators around here but I never stopped asking and even said that we could have a rabbit living inside with us once I seen someone else on tv with rabbits inside their home. Flash forward to back in… the ending of March? The ending of April maybe? Of this year. When I was talking to my psychatrist my mom told me (she was in the room with me since I still wasn’t comfortable talking to her (the psychatrist) on my own yet, but it’s only been a few months) that her and my dad were talking for a while and they agreed that I could finally have a rabbit and that it was going to be a surprise birthday (so I still would’ve had to wait for months considering my birthday is in October if she didn’t say anything) gift. (I still think part of it had to do with my little sister but ehh not gonna talk about that now.) I asked my mom “where are we gonna get them from? A pet store or a shelter or some place else?” And she said “I don’t know yet. We’ll figure it out.” Well my mom and dad called my uncle (one of my mom’s brothers) to pick up a rabbit for me. They told me that he was going to the auction to pick up a baby one for me. Well the auction won’t let you have one rabbit so we got 2 from the same litter and that’s why we know nothing about them. Earlier today my depression hit me really hard so my mom told me that I saved Blossom and Thumper’s lives and I asked her “how?” and she told me that people at the auction usually purchase rabbits to let loose and let their dogs take care of them and when I heard that I literally felt sick and she told me again that I saved their lives although I feel like I didn’t do anything of the sort….

Well guess that’s all for story time. Sorry if this isn’t allowed in the forum or if a rule that I wasn’t aware of was broken or something, I just wanted to share this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Sofia
        Participant
        348 posts Send Private Message

Personally I think that’s pretty amazing. You did literally save their lives, because they were going to die a horrible death if it weren’t for you!

• Daisy
          Participant
          199 posts Send Private Message

Well that’s a neat story, why would we judge you for it? There are so many people here getting their bunnies from breeders, hobbyists and pet stores here. I bet 99% of the people starting out get their buns from those sources. My first bunny came from a hobbyist as well. You also seem like a minor and it can be tricky to convince parents to go to the correct place to acquire bunnies (“why should I pay 60 euros for this older rabbit when I can pay 10 bucks for a baby?”).

Even though it was accidental, your bunnies are better off with you than with the dogs!

• Bladesmith
            Participant
            849 posts Send Private Message

I got Clover and Dawn from my ex wife’s forced breeding of show rabbits “farm”. I could only get the two of them, but I would have rescued them all if I could have.

• BunnyLass568
              Participant

@Daisy: Well I know that there are people would be like “there are rabbits in shelters that need saving! You’re not saving the auction rabbits, it’s just like buying them from a pet store or breeder! You’re heartless!” I know I sound like a minor but I’m actually an adult, I’m old enough to drink alcholic beverages, I have trouble stringing words together so I sound a lot younger than I am.? But no matter how old you are if you live with your parents you gotta do things their way but hey it’s all good.?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• BunnyLass568
                Participant

@I’m with Boo: Thanks. I just feel like I didn’t because I’m not the ones who said I could get rabbits and I’m not the one who went to the auction to get them but I’m not complaining. I love them so much and I’m doing my best to give them the best life I can possibly give them.

• BunnyLass568
                  Participant

@Bladesmith: Oh man that’s so sad! Good job on rescuing them! I feel the same, but at least 2 are safe from a otherwise horrible fate. Guess this means we have to extremely spoil them. ?

• Daisy
                    Participant
                    199 posts Send Private Message

Posted By BunnyLass568 on 6/21/2018 4:14 PM

@Daisy
                      : Well I know that there are people would be like “there are rabbits in shelters that need saving! You’re not saving the auction rabbits, it’s just like buying them from a pet store or breeder! You’re heartless!” I know I sound like a minor but I’m actually an adult, I’m old enough to drink alcholic beverages, I have trouble stringing words together so I sound a lot younger than I am.? But no matter how old you are if you live with your parents you gotta do things their way but hey it’s all good.?

Oh no I’m sorry! You don’t sound young but you were referring to your mom and dad so that’s what made me think you were a minor. Sorry for assuming. 

Yes indeed, I’ve lived with my parents until I finished university and got a job so I know the feel, haha!

• DanaNM
                      8935 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh, how terrible that that type of auction even exists, so cruel. I love dogs, but some dog owners can be pretty awful.

.. but it’s great that you saved them.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BunnyLass568
                        Participant

It’s all good! No worries at all. ?

• BunnyLass568
                          Participant

@DanaNM: I know right?! It’s sickening…Well to me it is.

• sarahthegemini
                            Participant
                            5584 posts Send Private Message

Human beings truly disgust me :-/

• BunnyLass568
                              Participant

@sarahthegemini: It’s just like what I say when it includes animals, we humans are the true animals

• Boing
                                Participant
                                253 posts Send Private Message

Cincinnati and Daisy did come from the humane society. But that doesn’t mean I’d judge you. Blossom and Thumper are blessed to have you and you to have them. I’ll try to make sure I never go to such an auction. Chances are very high that I’d turn into the crazy bunny lady.

Daisy is thought to be an ex-Easter rabbit. She was found in a middle class suburb hopping around lawns ~6 months after Easter. They wouldn’t tell me where Cincinnati came from. They simply said “We’re not going to speak about it.” and looked scared. My cat came from the same shelter, and I know her history too, even her age, as she had been adopted out as a kitten from the same shelter and had a microchip. So he is an exception. It must’ve been an awful place.

• BunnyLass568
                                  Participant

@Boing: Cincinnati, Daisy and your cat are blessed and lucky to have you too and you them as well.  And yeah, we are very blessed to have them. ❤ LOL same here, I knew that the auction rabbits had a high chance of not having the best life (to put it mildly) but I didn’t know a bout the dog part until my mom told me about it. Ah no! Poor Daisy and Cinncinati! And poor cat too! I’m so glad that they all found you.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE It’s time to say where the buns came from