Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR It’s like Toby wants to eat me?!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • mschoonover11
      Participant
      288 posts Send Private Message

So I could tell Toby loves me A LOT… For the past month or so, he’s been doing what I’m tell like every day. Everyday day I lay on the floor with him to bond. I lay down and let him come up to me. He literally runs up to me and starts licking my neck very affectionally. His licks are so strong that it almost seems like I tase good or he wants to bite me. He licks me for a solid 5 minutes without stopping. Then he loves when I kiss his head while he’s licking me. I give him about 4 kisses and then I stop. When I stop kissing him, he almost looks kinda mad or upset. He crawls on top of me and starts breathing very rapidly. Then he also starts licking harder and harder when I stop kissing him. It’s almost like a couple making out very aggressively lol. What is this? What worries me the most is that he starts breathing very fast like he’s gonna explode. It kinda seems like he’s trying to tell me something. What is this behavior? Is it like very strong love and affection for me? Or is it something I should be worrying about???

• mschoonover11
        Participant

Ummm anyone?!

• Azerane
          4688 posts Send Private Message

He just likes you a lot. That’s very sweet. Feel privileged, I’ve had my pair a couple of years and neither of those ungrateful stinkers has ever given me a lick, lol.

Otherwise if you put any creams on your neck maybe he just really likes the taste, lol.

• OnyxMoon
            Participant
            260 posts Send Private Message

lol “like hes going to explode”. He probably just really likes you, but also second the thought about any products you use on the area he is licking. He might just like the taste of those.

• Bladesmith
              Participant
              849 posts Send Private Message

That’s bunny love. He’s really into you! Enjoy it.

• MountainBuns
                Participant
                513 posts Send Private Message

He must really like you! What a sweet lil guy…

• MountainBuns
                  Participant
                  513 posts Send Private Message

Whats your secret mschoonover????

• Bam
                    16872 posts Send Private Message

He really likes you, that’s for sure! Even though he’s neutered he could have a bit of March Hare Syndrome this time of year, if you’re in the Northern hemisphere. That could contribute.

Many buns get upset/angry when you stop petting them. My Bam is like that. Stop petting him before he wants you too, and you can expect an impatient nip

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

Kissy bun!!! My little Bridge bun, Stormy, was like that. Elara just has this weird obsession with licking my pant legs.

• mschoonover11
                        Participant

Thank you so much guys!! I’m glad to hear all the positivity! Toby is definitely a sweet and social lil guy. A destructive one too…..

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR It’s like Toby wants to eat me?!