Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR It’s a boy?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • BubbaMomma
      Participant
      20 posts Send Private Message

IMG_6339

This is my 8 year old bunny. Was sexed as a girl as a baby and even at her recent vet appointment in reporting a small bump…but after recent humping of her siblings I found this after unmounting her from one of the others. Could this still really be a girl? I find no vertical slit anywhere but I also don’t see testicles or the volcano tubing. She was fixed very early and of course the dr that fixed her is now out of business 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• LBJ10
        16869 posts Send Private Message

I’m not seeing anything. Is this supposed to be a video? It’s blank.

• BubbaMomma
            Participant

Hi LBJ10. At the top of my original post there is link that’s says IMG_6339

If you click it, hopefully a short video will load? I attempted to upload it earlier but admittedly am not that savvy. Any guidance is so appreciated. 🙏🏻

• BubbaMomma
              Participant

n

Hi LBJ10. This is a still shot.

• BubbaMomma
                Participant

IMG_6448

I attached a shorter version of the same video here if that helps 👆🏻

• Wick & Fable
                5770 posts Send Private Message

Do you have access to another rabbit-savvy vet? I am completely naiive when it comes to sexing rabbits, but rabbits who have both sex parts do exist. It may be that your rabbit had both parts.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• BubbaMomma
                    Participant

Great suggestion Wick & Fable. I took her in and she is still a girl. Just a big vulva. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thank you for your reply.

• LBJ10
                    16869 posts Send Private Message

I still can’t see the video. 🙁  From the still shot, I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Are you talking about the part that is protruding? From this picture, it does kind of look like a boy… although it’s a bit blurry so I’m assuming the tail is at the bottom. If you can get a clear picture, we can probably help you a little better.

• BubbaMomma
                        Participant

Thank you for your efforts, LBJ10. I’m new to posting and not sure why I couldn’t get any videos or pics to post well.

I took my bunny into a vet savvy vet and low and behold it is a girl just as originally sexed. She just happens to have a very large vulva. It’s apparently something that older spaded bunnies can have although mine were all spade very young. Thank you again for the replies 🙏🏻

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR It’s a boy?