Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Itching ear with ear shake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunBun260
      Participant
      132 posts Send Private Message

So I have been noticing my female rabbit, Bunnie, has been doing her normal grooming of her ears, but adding a ear shake to the end. It started this week and hasn’t got any worse, but I have never seen her do it before. I read online about mites and infection, and now I’m a stressed out momma.

She hasn’t been scratching her ear any more, it the same as usuall. Licking the back foot, scratching, and now she does the ear shake. She moves her head with it sometimes. She seems to do it to both ears. There is a few times she does not add the ear shake though.

I’m just wondering if this is normal and I’m just overreacting, or if it’s something I should watch. I have checked both of her ears for dirt, redness, mites(don’t know if I would see them tho), and any dry skin, her ear looks healthy from what I can tell.

I also have a male bun who hasn’t been doing it. I seen him do it once today, but it was one shake not mutiple. His ears look fine as well. They are both indoor rabbits, have never been taken outside.

Thanks for the help.

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Can you take her to a rabbit savvy vet? We can’t diagnose anything as we aren’t vets so it’s best to get her seen by a professional

• BunBun260
          Participant
          132 posts Send Private Message

Yes I can, but I was more asking if this can be a normal thing they do. Like I said she isn’t scratching at it more then usual. I have a vet, but figured I asked if anyone else experience something similar with their bunny, before I go spending 50+ dollars.

• Bunny House
            Participant
            1241 posts Send Private Message

I couldn’t say it’s something serious or not. My lop had double inner ear infections that she needed to have surgery to remove her ear canals but she never shook her head or scratched her ears so there were no signs of anything wrong until we did a CT since she wouldn’t eat hay.

I would take her to a vet just to make sure there isn’t anything wrong going on as buns can show illnesses or not. My thought is maybe an ear infection or she might have a lot of hair in her ears but my buns don’t shake their heads.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Itching ear with ear shake