Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is this seizures or hiccups?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Mimzy
      Participant
      599 posts Send Private Message

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen her do this & actually got it on camera this time. The first time was basically the same, she laid down like this, looked very relaxed & then started this sort of jumping like hiccups but it looks too fast for hiccups? She doesn’t seem to have the other symptoms I’m reading about for seizures, so I’m really hoping they’re just very fast hiccups 

I’m going to try to get her into a vet on my next day off since I want to get her a wellness check anyway. I’ve seen Obi & Mimzy hiccup in the past but it wasn’t so fast like this, but maybe it’s different in babies? She’s only 8 weeks old, I’ve had her for 3 days now. Youtube link to the video is below, you might need to copy & paste? I didn’t know how else to link the video.

https://youtu.be/KignfX2zYXw 

• Mimzy
        Participant
        599 posts Send Private Message

I guess this might just be hiccups…went to look up other videos & other people’s bunnies seem to be hiccuping quickly as well. Still want to get a wellness check on her nonetheless, but if anyone can help ease my worry & confirm they just look like hiccups, that would be great

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

Young rabbits can hiccup like that. I don’t know why, but young puppy dogs tend to hickup a lot too, whereas adults practically never do. One difference between seizures and non-seizures is that an individual isn’t aware during a seizure. But if the bun is alert and responsive, will look at you or react to you, it’s not a seizure.

Wellness check is still good for a number of reasons, of course. When you go, you can always show the film to your vet for confirmation, because bun probably won’t hiccup while you’re there =)

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is this seizures or hiccups?