Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A is my rabbit a dwarf?

This topic contains 11sd replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LBJ10 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

easter
    Participant

I recently got my snuggle bun Luna, and was told she is a dwarf, the woman seemed to think that my other rabbit is a dwarf even though he is quite a normal size, will luna grow to his size? or will she be 2/3rds his size forever? she is four months and a bit now, has she finished growing yet?

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

No one can tell you anything. You didn’t post a weight of either bunny, nor have you mentioned what breed they are/think they are. We also don’t have any photos of the two of them. So no one is going to be able to give you answer.

easter
    Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 1/14/2019 7:13 AM

No one can tell you anything. You didn’t post a weight of either bunny, nor have you mentioned what breed they are/think they are. We also don’t have any photos of the two of them. So no one is going to be able to give you answer.

sorry she is a broken black with helicopter ears and weighs 1kilogram Edit: she is four and a half months old sorry I suck at giving info
    every time I take a photo it says the maximum file size is 500kb and I dont understand!!!
    can anyone explain that??

Wick

It means the photo is too big. You can resize it in Paint!

easter
    Participant

thx will try

Bam

Easter, I’ve sent you a PM!

easter
    Participant

thanks i sent it

Bam

Here are 3 pictures of easter’s buns 

To me, Luna looks like a normal lop of the type that’s called a dwarf lop in Europe. In  the USA, small lops can be Holland lops or Mini lops. When fully grown they will weigh somewhere around 4 lb, a girl a little less than a boy. I’m no expert on rabbit breeds though, so hopefully others will have more to say. She’s genuinely squee though, I can say that with certainty  

A bun reaches it’s full “height” at around 5-6 months when they have reached puberty. At that age they haven’t yet acquired their full adult weight, they keep putting on muscle and their skeletal bones become more dense for quite some time after that. 

easter
    Participant

thanks bam

LittlePuffyTail

No idea but your bunnies are beautiful.

easter
    Participant

awwwww thanks so much, they are both a bundle of joy, but cookie is moulting weird

LBJ10

Her face and body shape say Holland lop to me… but her relative size and ear length say otherwise. I’m going to say she’s probably a Holland or Holland mix and a false dwarf.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.