Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE is my bunny’s eye okay?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • rach
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

he’s had that since we got him. it did not worsen nor improve. just tried to wipe it away using a warm wet towel. it feels hard, almost like skin? or scab? it doesnt seem to hurt him either. is it bad? what should i do?

(he’s a 8week old holland lop)

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

It looks like really bad eye crusties. Is his eye continuing to water and make it worse? If so, I would recommend going to a rabbit experienced vet. There’s a chance it might just be a crazy eye booger that wasn’t groomed away properly and just… built up with other stuff? I would give it some time and if it gets worse, seek professional assessment regarding that eye. There’s a chance that your rabbit will be able to slowly groom it off or you continuing to try with a warm towel occasionally may help too.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• rach
          Participant

his eye doesn’t produce excessive water and there are any discharge or eye boogers… is there a way to get rid of it at home? am afraid tugging on it would hurt him (although i’ve tried and he doesn’t seem to be affected by it) thanks for the help!

• Wick & Fable

If it seems like really matted, gunky fur and that’s it, I would give it time and occasionally try to help your rabbit out by doing the warm towel on that spot to help loosen it. If it’s all fur and it seems to be persistent, you could also try really carefully cutting it away, but that is something I think is also ok NOT to try, as it’s close to the eye, and if it is some sort of skin growth, you are cutting skin, not fur.

If you suspect it’s not just fur, I would go to the vet to see what may be going on.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• rach
              Participant

thank u! makes me feel better knowing that its not something serious! it doesn’t pose much danger to my bunny right?

• Wick & Fable

I can’t say one way or the other unfortunately since I’m not a vet nor can I examine it myself. It really is up to you to assess the best you can. For me, things that would make me concerned is if it gets worse or there are signs that it is distressing your rabbit in any way, impacting his eating, pooping, etc..

• rach
                  Participant

if some other bunny owner is wondering, it completely dropped off on its own and my bunny is looking so much more handsome now HAHA thank u moderators for all your help ❤️❤️

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE is my bunny’s eye okay?