Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is it snuffles? Or maybe something else?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • NelsonAndPeanut
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Nelson is a 3 year old broken blue tort. He is the sweetest most loving bun I have ever met! About 2 months ago now I noticed he was acting a bit strange and there was weird looking green and clear snot on the floor. I had no clue where it was coming from until I heard and seen the sneeze fit. I took him to the vet and she took his temp and tested his blood sugar levels and it all seemed fine so she injected some fluids into him, checked his teeth(said they may be a tiny bit pointy in the molars) and sent me on my way home. I must address she is not an exotic vet, but there is no vets that are rabbit savvy within several hundred kms.. After that vet visit he didnt have a sneeze fit for about a week(that I noticed) but came home one evening and he was full of the same weird color snot. Back to the vet, she weighed him and he had lost a bit of weight which is really concerning me cause he still is eating the same as usual..but same thing temp,blood,fluids..all good..but now she also gave some baytril. Ive been orally giving it to Nels for about 3 weeks now and still no improvement in the sneezing. His eyes are still bright and alert and he is pretty much normal Nelson although he does ball up a bit more throughout the afternoon but still very playful and curious as the sun goes down.. could this be an oral issue ? Or snuffles gone tolong? Im so worried and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Iam going to try and get to a bigger city to have a rabbit specific vet have a look at him. Does baytril generally take this long to show improvement? I cant find any information or stories on how long it actually takes to cure snuffles.. if that is the case..

• LBJ10
      15408 posts Send Private Message

Baytril is a common, go-to antibiotic because it’s readily available and broad-spectrum. It seems more and more bacteria are becoming resistant to it though. So if it’s been 3 weeks and there has been no improvement, then I would talk to the vet about switching to a different antibiotic. It is recommended that a course lasts for at least 2 weeks… but you should see some improvement during that time.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is it snuffles? Or maybe something else?