Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is he really a lionhead?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Breezy & Peanut
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone! So I got Peanut as a gift from the Petland store and he’s about a year now. He isn’t neutered (but he needs to be, what a little brat lol) and I’ve noticed how small he is compared to many other rabbits. The store says he’s a lionhead but he doesn’t have a mane and he’s very small. He does have long hair though on the top of his head which confuses me. I’m thinking maybe he’s a dwarf lionhead but I’m not too familiar with breeds as he’s my first bunny I’ve ever owned.

Help!

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

If that’s him in your photo, he’s definitely a lionhead!

He has the tiny triangle ears and all the extra fluff round his face. You can get single or double maned lionheads – double maned are the super fluffy all over type, single maned just have some more fluff around the head area, and may grow a ‘lion mane’ later.

I have a dwarf lionhead who weighs 1kg – I think non-dwarves are around 2kg.

• Cari
          Participant
          18 posts Send Private Message

We got a little girl in March that we were told was a dwarf lion head. Well at 5 pounds now, pretty sure she is not a dwarf. Lol! Her fur around her head did not come in until the past 2 months and she has a beautiful beard but not a ton around the top back of her head. She is almost a year old now. She was neglected by a family that had no idea what they were doing with bunnies amd she has grown quite a bit and the diet of proper hay, pellets, and the variety of veggies has really improved her tremendously. She is so fluffy now! Give your bun some time and his fur WILL grow.

• Breezy & Peanut
            Participant

thank you so much!! but why is he so small? other bunnies are atleast twice his size .. he’s probably half their weight!

• Wantafry
              Participant
              6 posts Send Private Message

He looks like a lionhead to me! My Jinx is a lionhead crossed with some kind of lop… I’m almost certain it’s Holland lop. He’s pretty small too.

• kurottabun
                Participant
                908 posts Send Private Message

Agreed that he looks like a lionhead if he’s the one in your picture. He could just be a dwarf and that’s why he’s smaller

• MountainBuns
                  Participant
                  513 posts Send Private Message

Thats definitely a lionhead, Really cute, by the way!

• Breezy & Peanut
                    Participant

It is him in the picture, but thanks everyone!! I didn’t even think about the ears that give it away as well

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Is he really a lionhead?