Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR introducing my bunny to a new one?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Hapu_the_waffle
      Participant
      11 posts Send Private Message

so I only have one bunny her name is Hapu and I know bunnys get lonely so I was going to get another one any tips on how to introduce them and would it matter if they weren’t the same type of bunny I have a lion head but the breeder I get them from doesn’t breed lion heads anymore so would it be okay if I got a different type of bunny or would it bother her if its not the same breed if I have to I can always drive a couple city’s over to get the same breed but I just want to know if they have to be the same breed of bunny

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

Breed, age and gender don’t matter to bunnies. All that matters is that both bunnies are spayed/neutered. Check out the bonding section as it’s a very complex process (you can’t just put two rabbits together)

• Harley&Thumper
          Participant
          444 posts Send Private Message

Hapu is only 2 months old at the moment, right? You’re going to have to wait until she is at least 6 months old and ready to be spayed. After that I would recommend adopting an already neutered male bunny of any age and have them live side by side for a month and a half as Hapu recovers from her spay. Make sure they can’t reach each other through their enclosures. After the a month and a half like that has gone by you can start the bonding process.

Size also doesn’t matter in most cases, it just makes feeding a bit more complicated. At my local shelter we once had a tiny Holland Lop bonded with a rather large New Zealand White.

• Hapu_the_waffle
            Participant
            11 posts Send Private Message

Okay Thanks! I will check out the bonding section and I will have to get her shots and stuff thanks for the help

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR introducing my bunny to a new one?