Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR In the trend of bunnies kissing things AND being able to sense your emmotions..

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
    • Binkles
      Participant
      823 posts Send Private Message

In the recent tradition of a few threads on these forums about whether or not bunnies can sense your emmotions, and also on debating the credibility of a bunny’s gestures toward inanimate objects such as kissing, I absolutely MUST post this tidbit about Binkles and inanimate objects..

Yes, Binkles had a lamb plushue that was ‘Her Lamb’  -Groomed it all the time. Hid under its ears when on long car rides. Etc.

But I should also add..

..that bunnies can also form NEGATIVE sentiments toward inanimate objects. Yes, based on YOUR emmotions.

Draw your own conclusions.

Meet Vash:

Not long after I first got Binkles, he became (and still is.. ) my HARDCORE anime crush.

Now..

Meet Vash :

Naturally, he slept (and still does sleep.. ) next to my pillow, not long after I first got Binkles.

Now let us think chronologically here..

Who came first between Binkles and Vash? Binkles.

Now Vash isn’t the only plushie I have in my room -I’m a plushie FREAK. I have a LOT of plushies in my room -and Binkles was used to them. Pretty much just ignored them. (Except her lamb, of course.)

I kid you not

Every day for about a half a year, I’d come home to find Vash missing from my pillow -usually down on the ground, FAR undearneath my bed, and often clear accross the room. His threads were usually ripped, the felt parts of him were in shambles. He no longer has any bangs at all.

Vash. JUST Vash. Out of ALL my plushies.

Coincidence..?

I think not.

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

HAHA! Maybe it’s REALLY all about….and only about….hair envy. I think that if I were a rabbit, I think Vash might be showing me up. Better to get him out of sight.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
          Participant
          12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL Too funny!!!

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

that’s hilarious!!! i’m not into anime, but he does look crush-worthy!

• MimzMum
              Participant
              8029 posts Send Private Message

Ahh…so THAT’S the chara on your wristband in the video! I thought at first it was Edward Elric….*sigh*
                Yes, it’s odd, I got a small bunny plushie for Pip when she first arrived to assist her with bonding to Mimzy. We still call it “stunt bunny”. But since bonding with Mimzy…or at least quasi-bonding…Pip will not do to have that plushie in her enclosure and has actually ripped a hole in it’s face.

I think she definitely prefers the real deal. ^_^

Mimzy, of all the plushies in my collection that can currently fit in my room, has chosen a nondescript grey puppy dog to sidle up to most of the time when he’s out of his pen. Either that or Mokona Modoki. But I am fortunate that he hasn’t destroyed anything thus far.

But on the same line of this thread…my cat cannot stand to see the pictures that my daughter used to keep on her nightstand, and would attempt to spray them right in front of her. xD I would guess he’d be an effective chaperon if she were to begin dating. ^_^

Oh, and sorry, can’t reveal the identity of the subject in the pictures…she’d kill me, then raise me from the dead, then strangle me, then raise me back up, then….oh you get the idea. 0_o;

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

My first real girlfriend in college was a clone of Milly Thompson – from looks to size to personality.

• Binkles
                  Participant

Lol, Mimz! I get Edward Elric, Naruto, and now Ichigo a lot! It’s just funny to see how much the times have changed in only 5 years. It used to be ‘HOMIGAWSH I LOVE YOUR **VASH** WRISTBAND!’ then it was ‘LOL LOOK! NAROOTO!’ and now it seems to be ‘EEE ICHEEGO!!’

-people seem to have forgotten about poor old Vash. T ^ T Butbutbut….now they’re making a movie. >{ Vash shall have his….revenge-from-beyond-the-popular-anime-grave-!!

Markus that’s….that’s scary. O.O But kinda cute all the same…I’d just be constantly afraid of her accidentally crushing me..

• Lightchick
                    Participant
                    1017 posts Send Private Message

Wow. Now I feel totally old and out-of-the-loop! Sigh…

The Pokemon references I got. I like Pokemon. Pikachu sneezes electricity, and I’m a theatrical lighting girl, so how could I not like him?

But I don’t know what all you’re talking about now!

(I remember being in grade school and having a strange 9-year-old crush on Bumblebee in the Transformers cartoon. The cartoon, not the movie. Which did Bumblebee all, wrong, btw.)

((Also, I’m losing a geek-contest with my boyfriend…quick! What was the name of the spider in Harry Potter?! I can’t remember and he’s borrowed all my books! Ack!!!))

• MimzMum
                      Participant

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know this one….ummmmmm……..

Wait, I’ll ask my daughter….

ARAGOG! (lolz…had to Google it)

And that’s okay…anime is a world all it’s own. I wasn’t particularly interested in it beyond things like Kimba and Speed Racer and Marine Boy when I was little…but now I can’t get enough of it. My daughter wants to be a manga artist and she could probably do it too.

BTW, just an aside-for those who know POkemon well enough…I was thinking of this today:

If your bun was a Pokemon, which one would it be? (No fair picking Buneary/Lopunny)

I’d have to say, Mimzy would have to be like Pikachu, personality-wise. (Especially when Ash and he first met…I am sure he’d like to hit me with thundershock when I try to pick him up.) And Pip, well, she’s…Piplup, of course! (Totally hard to handle and full of bubbles!)

One other aside…Sarah, have you ever been to an artist’s site called suta-raito? She does excellent anime work and Vash is one of her fave subjects.

• Binkles
                        Participant

Lol yeah I have Mimz. =P I have to say that I’m not particularly fond of her more cartoon-y stuff. But her DeviantArt stuff, I ADORE.

(PS, Shameless self-plug. http://www.toraigan.deviantart.com )

Hmm…poke-bunnies..

Well Binkles…let’s see. I can’t really think of a Pokemon that matches her exactly. I think she’s probably closest to Flareon or Raichu -‘fluffy’ and older.

Little-Bit is %100 Eevee.

I mean really, come on:

But I have on occasion thought of her as Pichu.

Both bunnies, however, I think are much better suited like this xD:

(Drag and drop into URL bar to read fine print. =x)

T’was my yearbook page for the Arts institute I attended for the past few years. Bunnymon cards! (=X Forgot to upload it until just now too.)

• Deleted User
                          Participant
                          22064 posts Send Private Message

lol totally adorable…

• MimzMum
                            Participant

OMG that’s amazing! 0_0 How on earth did you tweak those cards like that? And is all the art behind it yours also?
                              Hogeeze, an art student. I should’ve known! I’d make a DA account, but my work would be terminally embarrassing next to something like this…and oh, about 99.9% of all the other artists there as well.

LMAO…”it switches sides and goes into your deck”…. OMG, I’m laughing so hard I’m crying!

lolz…Maybe by showing this to my daughter you can encourage her in a roundabout way to go for her own scholarship…she has a DA account too if you’d like to look up the few things she’s deemed are worthy to log on up there. Here username is Lunamon. She’s only been seriously drawing anime for the last few years and used to complain that she couldn’t sketch as nicely as Mommy could. Now she knocks my pens in the dirt. I want her to put up her better work, but she’s scared someone will steal it. Sticky paws, you know.
                              She’s won the Copic contests in Beckett and Shonen Jump a few times now. Scary as it was her first tries at it.

I like Eevee1’s Subeta work. It’s what got me into playing the game in the first place. But yes, she does A LOT of Disney-fied stuff and I have lots of bones to pick with Disney myself…especially the bones of a white lion named Kimba.

*sigh* I wish I had your talent. Seriously.

EDIT: No way…your birthday is NOT just three days after my daughter’s! Not the same year but…

Okay, I’m certrainly freaked out now…lol! xD

• Binkles
                              Participant

Oi…I can in all honesty say that I had a close call with losing sight of my dream as well. I -ALMOST- fell into a horrible trap set up by the American public school system back in sophomore year high school. That trap being, that most public school art teachers HIGHLY discourage anime as an art form.

In fact, my art teacher disqualified my art as being art at ALL, and actually banned me from drawing in my style (which obviously is the style I feel most inspired through), even on ‘free assignments’ where the whole point is to draw anything and everything you want in any medium in any style. Any style but anime, of course. They think it’s ‘copying’ someone else’s style, and something that’s ‘easy’ to do. One of their rationalles being that they claim that college professors ‘won’t accept’ anime in a portfolio. Whether or not that is true, I have yet to find out. But regardless-

I’ve conlcuded that there are two simple, tragic reasons for this misplaced logic; one is that yes, for the past 15 or so years, anime as a genre in general has been WILDLY popular -it’s become a cult, and as such, nearly anyone who has ever liked anime has tried drawing it. The downfall being…not everyone accomplishes it…and what we wind up with are hundreds of THOUSANDS of horribly mis-representative attempts that are unfortunately passed off as being ‘anime’ genre. Things like:

and TRACINGS like

(>< Lord, I'm sorry! I don't not to offend whoever drew these..)

And because such follies are annoyingly omnipresent, that is what ends up sticking in art teachers’ minds as being ‘anime’ genre art.

But as for the second reason which I have concluded why art teachers tend to look down upon it…like I said, only in the past 15 or so years has it really emerged as a phenomenon, but in those 15 or so years, it has -EXPLODED- from being a little-known, cheap form of animation, to being a wildly popular, diverse, immaginative new form of art. New. It is a new form of art that dive-bombed the art world and has virtually taken it over a TINY period of 15 years…..I cannot blame them: art teachers are TERRIFIED. Scared. To. Death This is NOT what they are used to; this is NOT what they were brought up on; NEVER where they taught about it in school; it didn’t even EXIST. It is a foreign concept to them. (Lol. Unintended pun.)

So being human, resitant to change -especially change that they have NO background in- of course they are going to reject a radical new art form.

xD

Ah.

I’ve ranted, haven’t I?

Anyway.

All that to say, my dreams were almost dashed by such an art teacher -at that age, I would have been EASILLY manipulated by my elders, me not having any individual grasp of what the real world actually holds. But fortunately, not long after my style was assaulted, I began attending a digital arts institute, where over the course of two years, it became increasingly apperant to me…the art curriculum that is currently being taught at public schools is a curriculum of the past. It was not immediately apparent to me, but I am standing at the very beginning of a brand new era in popular art.

The direction in which my style leads me is into the world of digital art; animation, videogame design, illustration. HUGE industries chock-full of opporitunity up and down the chart.

Art teachers teach in the tradition of fine arts: Follow their advice, wind up painting surrealist portraits of trees and faces -conratulations. You’re on your career path to becoming a starving artist.

^^; E-!

That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy traditional art either -no not at ALL!! I LOVE good traditional art. LOVE it!

I’m just saying that not only is my style of choice not traditional art, it is also EXTREAMELY hard to make a living as a traditional artist.

I have 50,000,000 reasons NOT to listen to art teachers’ preachings about this subject. Even if college art professors are biased against anime (which, again, I have yet to find out), I’ll just work my way through college, appease the professors with pretty paintings of beach scenes and portraits of women, waltz out with my Bachelor’s (or Master’s…haven’t decided yet) degree in art, and head for an animation studio. Or…whatever I decide my career to be -like I said, the number of opporitunities in this general feild are ENDLESS.

>< Oh dear.

I’ve ranted again..

ALL THAT TO SAY-!

There are MANY artists with HUGE potential that have had their dreams effectively masked by their old-fashioned, close-minded teachers. IF by chance, your daughter may have fallen prey to this disease of egos, have her read this post. :3 I’ll also give her a little kick in the butt on DA..

• kralspace
                                Participant
                                2663 posts Send Private Message

boy, you’re not kidding. I”m 55, have been a commercial artist all my life and it was pretty tough breaking into a field dominated by men at the time.

Every teacher and counselor I had in high school told me not to waste my time because I ‘would only get married and have kids and never use the skills’…lol. I tried time after time to win scholarships and the principle finally told me to stop applying because they were NOT going to give it to a girl for the same reasons, that it would be a waste, at the same time acknowleging that my work was better.

Taking commercial art and advertising in college I learned to sign everything K. Walker. By my portfolio, I was chosen to interview for several good jobs, only to walk in and watch the guy do a double take and say, Hey, we thought you were Keith, not Kathy. Back then they just flat out told you that they wouldn’t hire a woman, especially one with a small child.

I finally did get that first job, and over the years worked as art director to several large companies, but it wasn’t nver easy, but I’ve loved every minute of it. You gotta develop a thick skin and be competitive.

I hate that cliche about the playing field, but it is true these days that women have just a good a chance as the guys to make it in any field. Tell your daughter to go for it!

• RabbitPam
                                  11002 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know what’s wrong with so many art teachers, but it’s not just anime and not just your generation. I’m 50, never did end up making art/illustration my career – just occasional work – and had a WONDERFUL art teacher in high school. However, there was also a frustrated artist who lost the job of department head to my great teacher, never had interest in his shows, and took his wrath out on his talented students. A real creep.
                                    Then, in my senior year at college, I had a painting professor who raked me over the coals for a still life I did of a carnation in a vase – very realistic. Well, it was a gift for my mother’s 50th birthday (I was 20) and the subject matter was very significant to us. Also, his thing was totally abstract post-modern art, so if it was representational, it sucked. No kidding. He probably would have given anime straight A’s. Fortunately, the whole class came to my defense and yelled at him! That was nice.

So my conclusion is that many art teachers have done much harm by limiting their vision to certain aspects of art, whatever is in vogue at their time of teaching. I am a great big believer in teaching all artists the fundamental basics of traditional art. The modern artists were all extremely skilled at their craft – then they intentionally rebelled and created a variety of genres. It’s very different from starting out doing large abstract work because the truth is you can’t draw at all. I think it’s wise to be trying as many types of medium and styles as you can as a student because only then will you connect with your own special medium and visual voice. I have a volunteer at the museum who tried stained glass in her 60s, and now she can’t do enough of it. Just took off with that medium.

BTW, I would LOVE to have some digital/software programs available to me locally in workshop form. I am very computer literate, but mostly self-taught and can’t work in graphic design or illustration now because I can’t afford the programs to teach myself and no one around here is giving classes without signing up for the whole masters degree program. (No $ to do that. Sigh.) So I know I have the talent and skills that develop fast, but can’t compete in this market.

I am now trying to curate exhibits, and the two we have up this summer are:
                                    a 27 year old who has done ocean diving all his life, photographed and videoed huge fish (sailfish, stingrays, groupers, etc.) then does original compositions of paintings from his own photography. Then he makes giclee copies to sell.
                                    And – a 60 year old artist who’s only painted warships, cruise ships, and sailing vessels at sea from all periods of history. He has the Titanic up to the QE2. He also sells giclees, and has sold one to President Bush, as well as some famous actor/collectors. Never paints anything else. But they’re both masters at what they do.

Binkles – you stick to your guns and do anime if that’s your passion.

• kralspace
                                    Participant

Too bad you’re not in Texas, rabbitpam. I’ve worked in photoshop since 1989 and besides my current job do a lot of freelance work for the Texas Farm Bureau’s large traveling exhibit Planet Agriculture. The largest items I’ve done are the ‘wraps’ that go around an 18-wheeler truck and 8’x10′ wall panels and everything down to a matchbook.

I love to tutor people at work in programs especially photoshop. I like to watch their eyes light up when they realize they can do stuff that looks really cool.

• RabbitPam

Oh, kralspace, that’s so nice of you. Actually, Photoshop is one of the few programs I have been working with steadily – and I just learned a bit of Quark Express 7, so I was able to do 3 brochures for these artists and a postcard for the shows. I love Photoshop, but I can’t get my grubby little paws on InDesign, need some Illustrator lessons, and can’t seem to figure out Dreamweaver and Flash even though a friend gave me her programs. They just sit there like little taunting icons. I know I’d pick up InDesign in an afternoon.

I LOVE that you’ve done truck wraps!!! So, so cool. I can do wall text labels up to 11 x 14 (then I need someone with a bigger printer), and the brochures are duo-folds. The postcard came out really well since I use the artists’ photos in Photoshop as the basic image and just play with the design and type around them. For where I am working I’m helpfully skilled – and then they hired a “graphic designer” for $30/hr. to do the hard stuff. Argh.

Want to come to Florida????

• MimzMum
                                        Participant

lolz…Okay, you ladies are going WAY beyond my area of expertise…which is next to nothing…lolz.

I got a tablet a few years ago from my dad, who also supplied me with a few computers ocver the years. I simply couldn’t get the hang of drawing something with one hand and looking at the screen with my eyes averted. Of course now we have tablet laptops (daughter has one) and I am very jealous of her. ^_^
                                          I have to admit, she does some trace overs…usually when she takes a screenshot from a show and then colors it to look like one of her characters. This does not mean that she can’t draw from scratch. She can. But it’s taken her awhile to learn proper shading and dimension, which I never have. All my stuff looks like what you posted up there, Sarah.

Also, my eyes aren’t what they were, so drawing now (or reading or anything using eye-hand coordination) is a chore. Just no fun anymore.
                                          But it’s not just art that gets it’s head bitten off by stuffy profs, but music too. I’ve had some WONDERFUL vocal coaches and some HORRID ones who only want to make you their little diva that they can show off, provided you’re desperate enough to bend to their will and sing the way they tell you. Had one guy try to tell me everything I’d learned up till I met him was WRONG and only he knew the right way to sing and he would show me how, since it wasn’t something ‘nartural’ for the voice…and I was going to hurt my chords doing it my way…. Uhhh-huh……

That’s why I got best vocalist in high school, bub. Doing it the wrong way.

My daughter’s problem is not desire to pioneer, it’s just fear of rejection in any form. I’m afraid if she gets enough criticism, she’ll just fold up and blow away. My fault, made things too easy on her just trying to encourage her to DO SOMETHING, TRY ANYTHING!

Still, our University actually has programs that deal in nothing but anime. And you get degrees in it. Things have definitely changed since I went to school. *nods*

• Binkles
                                          Participant

Rabbitpam -I’m not going to say that I don’t have a %100 virus-free complete CS3 Master’s Collection Suite with a flawless crack that I couldn’t upload for you in a torrent, if you weren’t in the market for that kind of thing..>_>

(…come on! We’ve all got our bunnies we need to take care of! We can’t AFFORD legit Adobe stuff..)

Oh and Mimz, just to clear up! x3 I didn’t mean that those sort of things aren’t good. Everyone has to start somewhere! I’m just saying that they can’t be passed off as anime yet -the people who drew those were clearly still learning. Heck, I’M still learning. I’m a LONG way off from actually being able to pass my own art off as legitimate ‘anime style’. In fact, it may never reach that pinnacle! It may just be that I continue to perfect my style in my own way and never actually have a hard category to place it in.

I am an -aspiring- anime artist -not an anime artist. =P And I think if more people would just humble themselves to say that instead of claiming themselves as hardcore, achieved anime artists, perhaps more art teachers and…well…society in general…wouldn’t look down on it so much.

=/ Gosh, you guys…I never really realized that biases plagued other forms of art too. At least as far as art teachers go. My particular art teacher…she ONLY looked down on anime; it didn’t matter how vividly horrible a piece of realism was, she’d praise it.

Art teachers…you just automatically assume that they know how to support and encourage you in the style your comfortable with, while at the same time urging you to develop your hand in other styles and providing you with -constructive- criticism. Sad that sentiment can’t be counted upon..

• RabbitPam

Binkles,
                                              Are your double negatives not saying what I think you’re not saying? LOL

(I’m so confused.)

The minute you realize you are always learning and it never really stops, you graduate.

• MimzMum
                                              Participant

*giggles* Sorry Sarah, we’ve gotten WAY OT with this thread, but….
                                                That’s why I’m afraid to teach music, although I’ve had the opportunity. How do I know that I won’t impose too much of my own style on someone else and ruin what could be a budding prodigy who has so much to bring of his/her own to the world? I don’t take art or singing classes anymore because of instructors who do just that, crush the (YO)U in music and put their own frustrated dreams there to be lived out by proxy.

At the same time, it’s kind of like putting every book on religion in front of a child and saying, ‘read them all, then pick whichever one looks good to you and practice it.’ Erm…talk about drowning in indecision and inexperience. lolz…..

Anyway, to come back to the topic…so when a bunny licks anything BUT you, should you take that as an insult? 0_o And how often do you suppose that the bunny butt is a serious negative or just because bunny wants to see how many hoops it can make YOU jump through?

I had Mimz out on my bed last night, first time in a long time I haven’t been too tired to snuggle in the evening, and as usual he did his best to scale the wall o’ plush and find ways onto my pillows or under my blanket. But mostly we just sat and I petted him and he would slowly start to puddle and his eyes would close, then he’d shake himself and straighten up and I’d start petting him again and he’d melt back down and almost fall over. BUt the most comfortable I think that he gets is to wash his face in front of me. Otherwise he’s a tightly wrapped little bun.

I’m hoping someday he’ll wash my hand, like I saw Binkles doing in your video, Sarah. Maybe then I’ll feel I’ve accomplished making him feel completely at home.

• kralspace
                                                Participant

Aim high Mizmim, I’d be happy if Pringles just didn’t bite me!

• Binkles
                                                  Participant

;P Mimz, I will say that in that video of her licking me, she was an adolescent -maybe 6-7 months old. She since learned that SHE was the bunny, ergo, the Queen of Everything Ever. Ooohhhh, she was the Queen….man, I miss her Queenliness. She too would groom things that smelled like mommy more than she actually would groom mommy. I think it’s probably related to the ‘pecking order’ function of grooming. They are TOP BUN, and if they even give you the IDEA that you could take over, for all they know, you might just challenge their superiority! =O So they use things that smell like you as a proxy. ‘Yes, I love you to death, but -I- am the one in charge here, and don’t you forget it!!’ It’s just natural for bunnies to be the ones on the receiving end, and you on the giving.

Heh…whenever I groomed her and took my hand away for her to groom me, she’d give me two, maybe three licks to acknowledge my kindness, and promtly stick her nose back down -not even a nudge! Just a ‘nose-down’. It was just EXPECTED that I continue to groom her.

Rabbitpam -I may or may not be indirectly not acknowledging that your interperatation of my non-double-negatives is not false. >>

xD I have no idea what I just said either…but you get the point.

• RabbitPam

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I think I’ll drop you an email later for a translation.

I do want to mention that it is the direct result of the most amazing teacher, Mr. “V.” (who taught me for 3 years in high school) that I am on a lifelong road of art related work. One really great teacher and you’re hooked for life. I taught 2 workshops in figure (clothed) and portrait drawing to campers this month for the first time (teaching, that is) and swore to be like him. I also swore I would never be a teacher – the preparation is way too hard!

• MarkBun
                                                      Participant
                                                      2842 posts Send Private Message
                                                        Posted By Binkles on 07/29/2008 3:59 PM

Markus that’s….that’s scary. O.O But kinda cute all the same…I’d just be constantly afraid of her accidentally crushing me..

She did.  On more than one occasion. >.<  But I have to say, it was nice having a girlfriend that I didn't have to look down to see.

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR In the trend of bunnies kissing things AND being able to sense your emmotions..