Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In memory of Brownie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • BrownietheBunny
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

Brownie passed away yesterday morning at around 7am. We were feeding her pellets as usual but she choked on one and couldn’t breathe. I had school that day, and couldn’t follow her to the vet. She died on the way to the vet, but my mom said she was still finding my mom during the last few minutes of her life.

She was only 5, and I was still discussing with my mom how she was such a good girl the night before. She didn’t deserve this, I didn’t imagine that it would end this way. It hurts to know I’ll never see her again, that my perfect Brownie was gone just like that. It all happened within 20-30 minutes, and I received the call about her passing on my way to school. It was the first time I ever cried in school, I felt so regretful, that I took her for granted. I wish I didn’t ignore her sometimes whenever she would look for me and run up to me in the morning.

I miss her so much, I woke up this morning, at 6.30am, thinking “around this time yesterday, you choked. you must’ve been so scared…” and at 7am, I thought to myself “you left us at around this time, I’m sorry, I miss you so so much…”

Everything was fine… then it wasn’t. Her death was so sudden, I can’t imagine that I’m only 2 weeks away from the June break that lasts for a month, and I thought that I would have more time with her. I can’t imagine that I can no longer spend it with her…

I’m afraid that one day, I’l forget how big she was, how she smelt, how her nose moved up and down, how she groomed next to me all the time, how her legs will always slide whenever she was trying to reach out to me. She really loved human interaction, she loved every single food, she loved the bed that was meant for us but she ended up using it more than us. (bed was only bought around 1 week before her passing)

I wish I hugged her the night before, I wished I touched her and pet her while she was choking, but I was afraid that I would have made it even worse. I wish I wasn’t too lazy to give her a blueberry like I wanted to the night before, I wished I gave her more of her favourite coriander the day before. I wished I kissed her more, I wished I didn’t took her for granted, I wished I told her how much she meant to me.

RIP Brownie, we miss you so much already, I can’t imagine my life without you… the day you left, a piece of my heart left with you too. I love you so much and I’m sorry for everything my dear bb

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. 🙁 This is very tragic. I’m sure Brownie knew you loved her very much and her life was full of joy, although it was cut short by this accident. Please don’t beat yourself up. Grieving a pet is hard, especially when the loss is sudden and traumatic. Is there anyone you can talk to for support, perhaps a school counselor?

In time you might like to post some pictures of Brownie here as a tribute to her.

(((Binky free Brownie)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In memory of Brownie